Author Topic: Any progress on the "Nightside Tarot"?  (Read 14266 times)

Offline christibrany

Any progress on the "Nightside Tarot"?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 03:52:46 am »
The book Typhonian Teratomas is also good, but I too am eagerly awaiting the cards. En lieu of them the aforementioned book is useful as is to some degree the Starfires with Taylors articles and also Lindas website on the shadow tarot.  In case you havent seen it http://www.shadowtarot.net/
'My observation...convinces me that there are beings of intelligence of a far higher quality than...human...and that the one and only chance for mankind to advance as a whole, is for individuals to make contact with such Beings.' Crowley

Offline N.O.X

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 04:11:47 am »
Also, there was an interesting article and some colour plates by Taylor of some of the card designs in Scarlet Imprint's "Diabolical".  I'm sure most have it already....just a reminder!
"He who is illuminated with the Darkest Shadow will shine with the Brightest Light"-Andrew Chumbley

Offline RemeaviThantos

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 04:58:25 pm »
Heard last week from Robert re this very subject, he is still working towards Nightside tarot completion, and regrets delay in progress due to mundane commitments.

Offline christibrany

RE: Any progress on the "Nightside Tarot"?
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 05:54:14 pm »
Better late than never!
'My observation...convinces me that there are beings of intelligence of a far higher quality than...human...and that the one and only chance for mankind to advance as a whole, is for individuals to make contact with such Beings.' Crowley

Offline michaelclarke18

RE: Any progress on the "Nightside Tarot"?
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 06:37:51 pm »
I think the Robert Taylor deck looks very promising.
''The serpent, SATAN, is not the enemy of Man, but He who made Gods of our race, knowing Good and Evil''

Offline einDoppelganger

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 03:33:44 am »
I agree Michael, Robert's art is quite striking and I am very excited to see this project released.

The Linda Falorio deck is not too hard to find. I have seen two in the past 3 months. The problem is you always seem to find the cards printed on Kodak color printer paper. I know the cards had a back design since I have a set of scans of them and the back design is included. I suspect many of the 100$ and up sets are not original. If you buy the book you can scan and print the images of the cards.
"I much prefer your clavicles
To those of old King Solomon"
- Charles Baudelaire

Offline stanforda

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 05:33:33 pm »
I was wondering if anyone would please be kind enough to upload scans of Linda Falorio's cards directly from the book?
I think it would be relevent to the galleries.

There is a set of her Nightside Tarot cards along with the book, signed, for sale on eBay at the moment.
I simply can't afford it though  :(

John
"Who Will Shall Attain"

Offline lashtal

• Administrator
  • Paul Feazey
    • LAShTAL.COM
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 06:05:26 pm »
Quote from: "stanforda"
I was wondering if anyone would please be kind enough to upload scans of Linda Falorio's cards directly from the book?
I think it would be relevent to the galleries.

Subject, as ever, to copyright approval, of course.
Paul Feazey
Owner & Editor
LAShTAL.COM

Offline stanforda

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 06:22:20 pm »
Yes of course Paul, sorry, I meant to include something on those lines in my post, but was too late to edit.

John
"Who Will Shall Attain"

Offline Swamiji

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 09:26:02 pm »
93!

I'm sorry, I've never quite understood, and I guess this thread might be as good a place as any, in the context of asking "why would one ever actually work with this kind of deck"; but what exactly was the point of the whole "tunnels of set" concept? It seems to me that the stuff Grant & co were doing was quite different from the way one normally works with, say, the Goetia or whatnot.  It struck me, from what I read of Grant's books, that it was basically reveling in qlippothic junk for no purpose I could actually discern.  How exactly is that supposed to help anyone?
Note that, as mentioned above, I have read a few of Grant's books.  But doing so did nothing at all to clarify for me what exactly was the point of their work.  In my own personal experience Grant was very far from the clearest of writers, and the whole thing seems to me to be just a kind of obsession with the "niteside" of things for its own sake, without looking at it as a real practice meant to redeem anything, unite the divided, transcend anything, etc.  It doesn't even seem to be tantric in the traditional sense of what Tantra does (ie. that Tantra certainly demands that you enter into one's own fear and one's own shadow-side, with the point being to acknowledge it exists, accept its existence, and then re-integrate that into your being and in so doing TRANSFORMING it).  I don't see the redeeming or transforming elements in any of the typhonian work, just constant lovecraft-fanboy levels of tentacle-fetishism with no visible purpose.

I'll note that I do not write the above to offend (though I'm also not trying to mince words just for the sake of avoiding offense), but I wanted to make clear what my current understanding is; I would love for someone to be able to succinctly and clearly explain to me what exactly the "tunnels of set"/Typhonian work actually DOES or is meant to accomplish to aid in the Great Work; as in, how would one approach these "nightside tarot" forces if they were a T-OTO initiate, and for what purpose, with what ultimate end?

93 93/93

Offline stanforda

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 09:44:14 pm »
No don't apologise Swamiji, it's a perfectly valid question.

One of the principle reasons is to continue in amassing methods of dealing with manifestations of Nightside entity's.
The Tunnels of Set, The Tree of Death and the Qliphoth are being explored so as to understand the nature of the forces that have been making increasingly explicit contact with Humans and to help make one prepared for such contacts/transmissions.

John
"Who Will Shall Attain"

Offline Swamiji

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 02:09:45 am »
John,

I have to chuckle because your response raises far more questions than it answers.  
There's a traditional understanding of the Qlippoth, and qlippothic entities, that doesn't seem to parse at all with what you're talking about there; in my own experience dealing with qlippothic entities, they are basically these fairly pitiable things, that can certainly mess up someone's life if they end up allowing that to happen, and the purpose (again, from my experience) of working on them (I would say more "on them" than "with them") is so that they can be in a way redeemed and restored to wholeness within your magickal universe.
I would understand of course that other people may have different ideas about them.
So, the questions your post raises: can you explain (briefly and clearly) what are some of these "increasingly explicit" contacts you're talking about?
What possible benefit these "contacts" could provide?

And to bring this back to Crowley (though I would say I basically feel the same way, not by virtue of reading Crowley but by virtue of having practiced the same magick and personally experienced similar results that confirm his conclusions), it seems to me that he was pretty clear in his perspective about never really trusting any entity that's trying to sell you anything on the astral plane without the showing of lots of "proper paperwork" (Ie. kabbalistic proofs), and that with identities being made clear, even angels and gods ought to be dealt with cautiously since they are incomplete and unbalanced creations in relativity to man, and will imbalance you if you are not careful in dealing with them; then how much moreso Qlippothic entities?

I mean again, what do you hope to gain by "understanding the forces"?
Is this typhonianism (again, which I recognize I really don't understand, despite reading a few of Grant's books) looking to bind and redeem these broken "Shells"? Because, while I could get the point of that, nothing "typhonian" I've ever read seems to skew that way?
Is it looking to try to control them for the sake of gaining some kind of power? That would strike me as a considerably more dubious enterprise, though again it doesn't seem like that's the point to me from what little I grasped of Grant's writing.
Is it looking to just collect a bunch of metaphysical gobbledygook that bears no practical use whatsoever in the real world, either spiritually, psychologically, or materially?
Or is it basically a kind of Cthulhu-cult right out of a Lovecraft novel, thinking that the qlippoth are actually great and wise things that will guide them to a kind of spiritual or temporal transcendence and essentially treating them with a tone of either near- or outright- worship?

Because of those last two possibilities, the first seems just pointless to me, and the second outright deranged (not to mention, again bringing it back to Crowley, completely contrary to anything Crowley personally practiced or advocated, and the sort of thing he would have mocked ruthlessly as brainless idiocy); and yet the experience of what I seem to read from those typhonians who's writings I've been exposed to seem to point to it being one of those two last options; which is just baffling to me.

I continue writing this in the spirit of hoping to have something clarified that will help me understand that its in fact something else entirely, that there's some "part" of all this that I've missed from both Grant's books and things like this Niteside tarot, that will in fact make all the typhonian work make sense.

93!

Offline N.O.X

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 02:52:31 am »
Of course you've missed something....you've not read all of the Trilogies.  I could explain it to you but I'd rather go watch the season premiere of "Breaking Bad"....
"He who is illuminated with the Darkest Shadow will shine with the Brightest Light"-Andrew Chumbley

Offline stanforda

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 02:54:47 am »
You're asking decent questions, but I can see that you're making lots of presumptions regarding the Ordo Typhonis and it's interest in Nightside forces and the Tunnels of Set because you're trying to understand this area better.

Manifestations vary from person to person, typically they are spontaneous and in my experience range from dematerialisation of mundane objects and the appearance of Tulpas, to poltergeist activity and very often, Hanon Tramp. Benefit? Obviously if they are spontaneous one isn't looking for any benefit.

As for the Lovecraft and the Cthulhu mythos, I can not believe you actually asked what you did on this subject... If you failed to understand the use of Cthulhu in Typhonian practices you really should spend another 5 years or so in study of Grant's work.

Personally I'm not in the least interested in gaining any form of power from them. That isn't the purpose of the Ordo Typhonis either.
What do I hope to gain from understanding these forces? Mainly to help me make the most out of such transmissions and hopefully learn something from them, rather than ignoring them and not making the most out of them. Such strong contacts do not occur very often, and in my opinion they should be fully appreciated and investigated. I agree they can be extremely destructive to the Magician, but only when one fails to treat them with respect and intelligence.
"Who Will Shall Attain"

Offline christibrany

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2011, 02:57:14 am »
Why?

One word:
Balance