Author Topic: A praeterhuman entity with short-term memory loss! - How's that work?  (Read 15901 times)

Online wellreadwellbred

• L II, 76
Re: A praeterhuman entity with short-term memory loss! - How's that work?
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2013, 01:01:30 am »
Crowley does hint at a simple and convincing solution in what he wrote around 1921 about the verse 75 in the second chapter of The Book of the Law, in his The New Comment.
"Be...assured all that the solution, when it is found, will be unquestionable. It will be marked by the most sublime simplicity, and carry immediate conviction![...]It is the prophet,...who is never to know this mystery. But that does not prevent it from lying within the comprehension of the Beast,"

Online wellreadwellbred

• L II, 76
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2013, 02:02:34 pm »
So, would you found your New World Religion on the Word of a praeterhuman entity with short-term memory loss?

Sorry for chain-threading, but to go back to the thread 'A praeterhuman entity with short-term memory loss! - How's that work?', the following quoted verses from The Book of the Law seems to indicate "a praeterhuman entity" contradicting itself and with short-term memory loss:

Verse 53 in chapter two of The Book of the Law: "Fear not, o prophet, when these words are said, thou shalt not be sorry. Thou art emphatically my chosen; and blessed are the eyes that thou shalt look upon with gladness. But I will hide thee in a mask of sorrow: they that see thee shall fear thou art fallen: but I lift thee up."

Verse 58 in chapter two of The Book of the Law: "Yea! deem not of change: ye shall be as ye are, & not other. Therefore the kings of the earth shall be Kings for ever: the slaves shall serve. There is none that shall be cast down or lifted up: all is ever as it was. Yet there are masked ones my servants: it may be that yonder beggar is a King. A King may choose his garment as he will: there is no certain test: but a beggar cannot hide his poverty."

Verse 43 in chapter three of The Book of the Law: "Let the Scarlet Woman beware! If pity and compassion and tenderness visit her heart; if she leave my work to toy with old sweetnesses; then shall my vengeance be known. I will slay me her child: I will alienate her heart: I will cast her out from men: as a shrinking and despised harlot shall she crawl through dusk wet streets, and die cold and an-hungered."

Verse 44 in chapter three of The Book of the Law: "But let her raise herself in pride! Let her follow me in my way! Let her work the work of wickedness! Let her kill her heart! Let her be loud and adulterous! Let her be covered with jewels, and rich garments, and let her be shameless before all men!"

Verse 45 in chapter three of The Book of the Law: "Then will I lift her to pinnacles of power: then will I breed from her a child mightier than all the kings of the earth. I will fill her with joy: with my force shall she see & strike at the worship of Nu: she shall achieve Hadit."

[Underlinings by me.]
"Be...assured all that the solution, when it is found, will be unquestionable. It will be marked by the most sublime simplicity, and carry immediate conviction![...]It is the prophet,...who is never to know this mystery. But that does not prevent it from lying within the comprehension of the Beast,"

Offline Azidonis

« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2013, 05:18:01 pm »
Conditional phrases.
"Self-consciousness tells you you are somebody different. All spiritual activity is to maintain that separateness, and through that you think you will be free from that. Not a chance!" - U.G. Krishnamurti

Online wellreadwellbred

• L II, 76
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2013, 08:47:20 pm »
Conditional phrases.

What is the conditional phrase in verse 53 in chapter two of The Book of the Law quoted below?:

"Fear not, o prophet, when these words are said, thou shalt not be sorry. Thou art emphatically my chosen; and blessed are the eyes that thou shalt look upon with gladness. But I will hide thee in a mask of sorrow: they that see thee shall fear thou art fallen: but I lift thee up."

The statement "but I lift thee up.", at the end of the verse quoted above does not seem conditional, quite the contrary actually.

Offline OKontrair

« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2013, 09:34:02 pm »
I see no contradiction.

You gave four examples. Numbers 1,3 & 4 ostensibly at odds with example 2.

But example two just refers to slaves and Kings and 1,3, & 4 to thee, she and her.

And the creaky grammar just shows that Aiwaz didn't go to Cambridge.

OK
"Give me an 'F'....."  Country Joe & the Fish

Offline Azidonis

« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2013, 09:38:12 pm »
Conditional phrases.

What is the conditional phrase in verse 53 in chapter two of The Book of the Law quoted below?:

"Fear not, o prophet, when these words are said, thou shalt not be sorry. Thou art emphatically my chosen; and blessed are the eyes that thou shalt look upon with gladness. But I will hide thee in a mask of sorrow: they that see thee shall fear thou art fallen: but I lift thee up."

The statement "but I lift thee up.", at the end of the verse quoted above does not seem conditional, quite the contrary actually.

Recall that the color of Binah is black.
"Self-consciousness tells you you are somebody different. All spiritual activity is to maintain that separateness, and through that you think you will be free from that. Not a chance!" - U.G. Krishnamurti

Offline lashtal

• Administrator
  • Paul Feazey
    • LAShTAL.COM
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2013, 01:59:41 pm »
And the creaky grammar just shows that Aiwaz didn't go to Cambridge.

That's actually not just an amusing remark, but also, in my opinion, quite a profound one...
Paul Feazey
Owner & Editor
LAShTAL.COM