Author Topic: Aleister Ataturk McAlpine  (Read 22438 times)

Offline whodareswings

• Registered
    • http://www.antiquesatoz.com/artatoz/krafft
Aleister Ataturk McAlpine
« on: July 03, 2006, 07:27:31 am »
Can anyone tell me something about the current age and whereabouts of Crowley's son Aleister Ataturk McAlpine? Any other children. living or dead?

-whodareswings

Offline empiricus

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 05:50:47 pm »

According to Martin Booth's biography, Aleister Ataturk Crowley was 10 in 1947 at the time of his fathers death in December of that year. Booth claims that his formal education started in 1948 at Wester Eichies, the Gordonstoun preparatoy school, before going to the US sometime later.

93 93/93

Offline lashtal

• Administrator
  • Paul Feazey
    • LAShTAL.COM
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 02:33:45 am »
My thanks to one of the most prominent Crowley scholars for the following:

Charles Edward d'Arquires (formerly known as Randall Gair Doherty formerly known as Aleister Attaturk formerly known as Aleister Macalpine), b. 2 May 1937, Newcastle-on-Tyne, died on 20 November 2002 in Chalfont St Peter, Bucks. All of the above is from the death certificate, which has an incorrect date and year of birth (mistakenly giving 11 May 1939). His birth certificate gives the name as Randal Giair Doherty, with that odd spelling.
Paul Feazey
Owner & Editor
LAShTAL.COM

Offline Marija_Stefanovic

• Registered
Re: Aleister Ataturk McAlpine
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 06:14:39 am »
I've actually tried my best to find at least one photo of Aleister Ataturk (exept the know one where he's a toddler), but I didn't...
Does anyone know some pictures?
I really cant believe that there are no pictures of the one dead already in 21st century.  ;)

Offline ptoner

• Fr Gishtil
    • Paul Toner dot Com
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 09:26:28 am »
Funny that I was actually reading this old post myself last night and tried to do a little digging using the internet.
I found that a lot more hits come up if you search under "Charles Edward d'Arquires"
A recent lot of his was up at auction in 2008 which is also linked on LAShTAL.

http://www.lashtal.com/forum/index.php/topic,3286.msg32488.html#msg32488

Offline Swamiji

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 05:59:30 pm »
Does anyone  know what that whole "Count Charles Edward d'Arquires"/"supreme court of england" thing was about anyway? Sounds like the sort of self-styled grandness his old dad would have done.

Offline WilliamThirteen

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 08:40:27 am »
just to note: 

the new Starfire II v.4 has a piece which may be of interest here

"Two Fragments on Ataturk by Ithell Colquhoun – reminiscences on the genesis and subsequent life of Crowley's son"

Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness. - Leviticus 19:29