Portal:Aleister Crowley Timeline/On this Day/December
From Encyclopedia Thelemica
These are the selected On this Day for December that appear on the Aleister Crowley Timeline portal. The "edit" links edit the portal subpages that are displayed as sections here.
- 1907 - Finishes "A Queen of the Quality“.
- 1909 - 15th Aethyr 09:15-11:10 and begins 14th Aethyr but told to "Depart! For thou must invoke me only in darkness." Da'leh Addin - a mountain near Bou-Saada 14:50-15:15 Vision completed 21:50-22:15 Bou-Saada.
- 1907 - Receives portions of Liber Arcanorum τών ATU τού TAHUTI QUAS VADIT ASAR IN AMENNTI Sub Figurâ CCXXXI Liber Carcerorum τών QLIPHOTH cum suis Geniis. Adduntur Sigilla et Nomina Eorum..
- 1947 - Funeral service and cremation at Brighton cemetery at 2:45 pm. Among the persons present were Gilbert Bayley, who knew Norman Mudd and Frater Achad, Soror Tzaba and Soror Ilyarun, Gerald Yorke, Kenneth Grant and his old friend Louis Wilkinson who read Hymn To Pan, the Collects and Anthems from The Gnostic Mass and selected passages from The Book of the Law. The Brighton Council afterwards delivered a protest in regards to the contents of the Last Ritual: ::“We shall take all necessary steps to prevent such an incident occurring again”.
- 1907 - Receives additional portions of Liber Arcanorum τών ATU τού TAHUTI QUAS VADIT ASAR IN AMENNTI Sub Figurâ CCXXXI Liber Carcerorum τών QLIPHOTH cum suis Geniis. Adduntur Sigilla et Nomina Eorum.; Textual portion is received several years later.
- 1894 - A Special General Meeting of the Scottish Mountaineering Club is held at Glasgow where Crowley is balloted for and elected member of the Club.
- 1909 - 9th Aethyr 21:30-23:10 Bou-Saada.
- 1909 - Began 5th Aethyr but told the Vision would continue "on the morrow, at the appointed hour.." 19:00-20:12.
- 1909 - 5th Aeythr Completed 20:15-22:10.
- 1907 - Receives Liber Trigrammaton Sub Figurâ XXVII; Copied the Sigilla 22 portion of Liber Arcanorum τών ATU τoύ TAHUTI QUAS VADIT ASAR IN AMENNTI Sub Figurâ CCXXXI Liber Carcerorum τωn QLIPHOTH cum suis Geniis. Notes: "Looking back at the year, it seems one continuous ecstasy, save for the Rose trouble and the Tankerville nagging. [...] I am able to do automatic writing at will."
- 1941 - Writes a letter to Lady Frieda Harris from 14 Lassell Gardens, Maidenhead. AC is describing tarot card attributions to her- in particular the Prince cards which she was currently working on. He also discusses the Yi King and its magickal forces stating, "It is at least not impossible that there should be intelligences greater and subtler than our minds (these should control blind forces as our minds do our muscles) ... The best prospect of human progress is to discover, and communicate with, these intelligences...it is the particular task of the magician to accomplish this."
- 1944 - Writes to W. Dawson Sadler discussing, among other things, fees required for Sadler's admission to the IV* O.T.O.. AC writes, "You would get the complete rituals up to P.I. The system is a complete theory of Incarnation, from before birth to after resurrection..."
- 1909 - Began 2nd Aethyr 09:20-10:50 at Biskra. Repeated the call in Hammam Salahine but "the Aethyr must be left unfinished then until the half moon."
- 1909 - Golf.
- 1907 - Meets Fuller.
- 1937 - Daily Express publishes article 'These Names Make News, Mixed Bag of Early Birds', concerning Crowley's assembling of people before Cleopatra's Needle to announce the publication of as book.
- 1938 - Monday: Lunch was eaten with Charles Richard Cammell, and his wife. He said that they had, "A good lunch and talk." They had "Balachow cheese biscuits, Agneau Noel Bhindi, Boar's Head, Stilton & Coffee Liquers."
- 1896 - First mystical experience on a visit to Stockholm. He writes: "I was awakened to the knowledge that I possessed a magical means of becoming conscious of and satisfying a part of my nature which had up to that moment concealed itself from me. It was an experience of horror and pain, combined with a certain ghostly terror, yet at the same time it was the key to the purest and holiest spiritual ecstasy that exists. At the time, I was not aware of the supreme importance of the matter. It seemed to me little more than a development of certain magical processes with which I was already familiar, it was an isolated experience, not repeated until exactly twelve months later, to the minute."
- 1913 - Wednesday: The Paris Working begins at 11:40 P.M. with the first Opus. These workings continue almost daily for 6 weeks and end with Opus XXIV on February 12, 1914. These workings were performed with Victor Neuburg.