Sunday 14th May 2006, 5pm – 9pm
There are still a few tickets available for this event, to be held in Central London to commemorate the life and work of the magical artist Austin Osman Spare on the eve of the 50th anniversary of his death.
Proceeds will be donated to the RSPCA, a favourite animal charity of Spare’s to which he donated proceeds from the sale of several of his pictures, most notably his ‘Horses for the Slaughter’ series. The programme for the evening includes
• Presentations from speakers including Robert Ansell, Caroline Wise, Clive Harper and Michael Staley;
• An auction of several Spare-related items, including a unique book;
• A rolling power-point presentation of many of his pictures;
• A small exhibition of his pictures.
A specially-printed commemorative book will be issued to all attending on the night. The book includes articles by Alan Moore, Carl McCoy, Robert Ansell, Phil Baker, and many others. Also included are many illustrations of art by Spare, some never published before. Please note that this book will be available only on the night.
Ticket price is £12.50, which can be paid as follows:
• By cheque or postal order, payable to Starfire Publishing Ltd and sent to Spare 50th, BCM Starfire, London WC1N 3XX
• By Paypal to email@example.com
Feel free to include with your payment a donation to the RSPCA.
Please check ticket availability beforehand. Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone on our dedicated mobile 00 44 (0)7812 489 022.