Some very interesting material on the OTO’s US Grand Lodge website in the form of a Values Statement.
The Values Statement clarifies the principles underlying US Grand Lodge planning and operations. All our policies, initiatives, and other decisions must adhere to these principles. They are the ethical basis of our work.
1. We support the liberty of the individual and the cultivation of self-respect, self-knowledge, self-discipline, and self-responsibility.
2. We affirm the bonds of fraternity and expect fidelity, frankness, cooperation, mutual aid, and good faith among our members.
3. We value hospitality in our community and promote peace, tolerance, truth, and respect to the Order within our temples and precincts.
4. We advocate the principles of Scientific Religion and Universal Brotherhood, and oppose tyranny, superstition, and oppression.
5. We accept and uphold the Law of Thelema as promulgated in the Book of the Law and the writings of the Prophet of the Aeon, Aleister Crowley.
I wanted to reproduce it here because it, along with the OTO’s Mission Statement, Program Synopsis and Vision Statement, demonstrates that there is some good work going out there on a temporal level in respect of the reputation of Thelema and Aleister Crowley.
Indeed, the Values Statement could, with very little adjustment, be used as a statement of the values of LAShTAL.COM, which also seeks the serious, considered, open and honest study of Thelema and the life and works of Crowley.
I’m pleased to see things being conducted with “business way” in probably the most influential Thelemic organisation…
It’s important that I remind visitors at this point that I’m not a member of any magical or Thelemic organisations and that LAShTAL.COM is “non-partisan”.