Notifications
Clear all

Daily Record 04/04/2009 - Satanist site sale  

RSS

dougbrown93
(@dougbrown93)
04/04/2009 10:39 am  

Morning all
Todays daily rag in Scotland has a small column reporting the sale of the plot of land at Boleskine (as previously mentioned in one of the news items).
Its short, and true to the sensationalist DR's form, so i can quote as follows (it does not appear to have made it to the papers web site):

Satanist Site Sale
A plot in the Highlands once owned by Satanist writer Aleister Crowley has gone on the market.
Boleskine Bay, which overlooks Loch-Ness at Foyers, Inverness-shire, was also formerly owned by Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page.
The 1.9 acre site is on the market for £176,000.

db

lashtal
(@lashtal)
Owner and Editor Admin
04/04/2009 11:23 am  

Thanks for the report, Doug.

Owner and Editor
LAShTAL

ReplyQuote
lashtal
(@lashtal)
Owner and Editor Admin
14/04/2009 8:58 pm  

More on the sale in The Herald today:

For sale: land once owned by satanist

MARTIN WILLIAMS April 14 2009

A plot of land once owned by the self proclaimed "most wicked man in the world" has been put up for sale sparking interest from disciples of the dark arts, rock fans and property developers.

Boleskine Bay, on Loch Ness at Foyers, was part of an estate renowned at the turn of the 20th century as "a centre of black magic, evil and sorcery" under the then ownership and influence of satanist Aleister Crowley.

Before his death in 1947 the "Beast of Bolskine", who owned Boleskine Estate between 1899 and 1913, tried to smother the Highlands in black magic by coaxing out the forces of evil.

The estate, for a number of years the home of rock star Jimmy Page, has been linked to a number of tragedies over the years, including at least two violent deaths.

Besides the black magic rituals to invoke the four princes of evil Crowley and his devil-followers used the estate to make talismans and offered animal sacrifices to Satan.

"The demons and evil forces had congregated round me so thickly that they were shutting off the light. It was a comforting situation. There could be no more doubt of the efficiency of the operation," Crowley once wrote of his experiments at the estate.

http://tinyurl.com/cv7mdx

Owner and Editor
LAShTAL

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
15/04/2009 3:29 am  

Didn't realize AC was "self-proclaimed" the wickedest man in the world, I thought it was the Looking GLass or John Bull that made that charge. LOL

ReplyQuote
alysa
(@alysa)
15/04/2009 3:33 am  

However he enjoyed it probably very much.

ReplyQuote
IAO131
(@iao131)
15/04/2009 4:21 am  
"alysa" wrote:
However he enjoyed it probably very much.

I think at first he enjoyed it but regretted the damage it caused later.

IAO131

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
15/04/2009 9:31 am  

It would be so much more amusing if they would describe him as the self-proclaimed "man we'd like to hang".

😆

ReplyQuote
ptoner
(@ptoner)
22/04/2009 3:33 pm  

This is a little confusing....
the site does not mention Boleskine but an actual plot instead.... have wires been crossed to sensationalize the sale of land?
http://www.struttandparker.com/property-for-sale/inverness-highland/property_INV090011.html

Assuming that this is the very site mentioned above of course.

ReplyQuote
ptoner
(@ptoner)
22/04/2009 5:25 pm  

seems that the .pdf has additional info.
http://www.struttandparker.com/html2/assets/pdfs/INV090011.PDF

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
22/04/2009 5:50 pm  

I rushed out to buy the Daily Record out of interest and can't find the reference, db 93. Can you tell us which page it's on, please. I've probably not ate enough carbs today and my eyes are failing...
Fr FR

ReplyQuote
dougbrown93
(@dougbrown93)
24/04/2009 11:20 am  
"FraterFR" wrote:
I rushed out to buy the Daily Record out of interest and can't find the reference, db 93. Can you tell us which page it's on, please. I've probably not ate enough carbs today and my eyes are failing...
Fr FR

Hi Frater Fr.
Sorry you rushed...and wasted money on the DR 😉
The small piece was in the April 4th edition (as hinted at in the date of my original post).
I did type it out in full though so your not missing much friend.
Regards
db

ReplyQuote
Share: