Call for submissions: amateur and professional photographers.
I'm pasting here a call for submissions; it is to participate in an exhibition.
It is about Hermeticism and Photography. The event isn't focused in Thelema, but it's neither focused in any specific branch or current of the western mystery traditions and all of them are welcome, since we do respect freedom of religion and freedom of thought.
:: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS :::
::: PROFESSIONAL AND AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHERS OF ALL NATIONS::
::: NO ENTRY FEE:::
::: DEADLINE: 30th MARCH 2012 :::[/align:3cr09don]
Fixing the volatile:
The ancient alchemists of the past spent their lives trying to find a way to fix the volatile; a way to capture the light of the spirit and materialize it. Thus, respecting the freedom of religion, thought and expression, we call the new artisans of the light to participate in a very similar work.
The Salón Arcano invites amateur and professional photographers to submit works inspired by dreams, allegories, myths, mysticism, the intangibles, spirituality, alchemy, astrology, qabalah, magic or the mystery traditions for our next exhibition that will take place in May 2012 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. An exhibition of photography and visual arts named: “The Square: an Hermetic Revelation”.
In the exhibition, the photographies will be displayed next to a text (submitted by each photographer), thus creating a mirror in which the photo explains the text and the text becomes the mirror-image of the photo.
::: RULES AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES :::
1. We will receive works and photographies by individuals of every nationality, regardless of their country of residence.
2. The Salón Arcano will make a selection of the works.
3. Entries must be sent in digital format and high resolution to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Each photo must contain:
STATE AND COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:
AUTHOR OF THE TEXT:
STATE AND COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:
5. Every photo must be accompanied by a text inspired by the image. This text can be a poem, an idea, a brief essay or any kind of text that in a way or other is able to mirror the image. The author of the text can be the photographer who submits the photo or a second person working with the photographer. Texts found in books won’t be accepted.
The maximum length of the text is 120 words. During the selection the texts will be as important as the photos themselves and considered as a single work of image and text. The texts must be written in ENGLISH OR SPANISH, the texts submitted in English will be translated to Spanish for the exhibition.
6. The Salón Arcano won’t be accepting photographs that don’t include a text.
7. As long as it is possible to send us by e-mail a high resolution copy of the photo, we do accept all types of photographes: analog and digital; as well as any kind of alteration of the photos (photomontages, digital collages, any kind of laboratory process, cut-ups, etc).
8. There’s no entrie fee. The Salón Arcano will pay/finance the photo printing of the selected works of the participants who do not live in Buenos Aires. The participants who live in Buenos Aires will be asked to print their photos themselves.
::: LEGAL CONDITIONS :::
1. The Salón Arcano will have the right to use, display and exhibit the submitted photographs and texts in an exhibition called: “The Square: an Hermetic Revelation”, in physical publications, in digital publications and in the Salón Arcano website. The Salón Arcano will also provide the images and texts to individuals who want to illustrate a review of the exhibition. The photos and texts will always be used mentioning the author. The photos won’t be published in any way that provides a high resolution digital copy of the photo.
2. The Salón Arcano doesn’t claim the exclusive copyright of the works, all the other rights not mentioned in the first paragraph of these legal conditions remain with the authors of the photograps and the texts.
3. The authors will have the right to sell their works, the Salón Arcano is a not for profit organization that doesn’t request or accept a percentage of the transactions between the artist and the buyers. The Salón Arcano may provide the interested buyers a contact with the artist, but any kind of transaction will have to be done as a private transaction between the buyer and artist. The Salón Arcano won’t be party to this operation.
This call for submissions can also be found in facebook
This call for submissions can also be found in::