Notifications
Clear all

Red Flame: JANE WOLFE BOOKS  

  RSS

jijas
(@jijas)
Member
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3
21/08/2013 8:23 pm  

I have been looking these books for some time:

Red Flame: Jane Wolfe Her Life With Aleister Crowley Part 1 (A Thelemic Research Journal, Volume 10) Paperback
Red Flame: Jane Wolfe Her Life With Aleister Crowley Part 2 (A Thelemic Research Journal, Volume 11) Paperback

Please let me know if you have copies for sale or if you know someone who does.


Quote
Hamal
(@hamal)
Member
Joined: 7 years ago
Posts: 547
21/08/2013 9:07 pm  

I wish you luck with your search, I have not been fortunate enough to come across the books you mention.

If you are interested in Jane Wolfe you may find this book of interest (forgive me if you are already aware of it):

Jane Wolfe: The Cefalu Diaries 1920 - 1923
A fascinating look into the training undertaken by Jane Wolfe, a student of Aleister Crowley, at the Abbey of Thelema in Cefalu, Sicily.  This book collects the bulk of Wolfe's surviving diary entries from Cefalu, most of which were typed, complete with handwritten commentary from Crowley on many pages.  The diary is presented in grayscale facsimile format.  Compiled and Introduced by Dr. David Shoemaker.

Made available to order for £13.50 here:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/college-of-thelema-of-northern-california/jane-wolfe-the-cefalu-diaries-1920-1923/paperback/product-3518108.html

I am not affiliated with nor do I have any personal stake in selling these books! 🙂

93
Hamal


ReplyQuote
jijas
(@jijas)
Member
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3
24/08/2013 3:39 pm  

Thanks, I have that diary allready.
If anyone knows any other documents from that period 1920-1923,
please let me know.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
25/08/2013 1:24 am  

Jane Wolfe's diaries were published, at least in large part, by Phyllis Seckler in the College of Thelema's In the Continuum.    I have several issues containing segments of her diaries but I don't think the full set.


ReplyQuote
William Thirteen
(@williamthirteen)
Member
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 1088
25/08/2013 9:46 am  

93,

if you haven't seen it already, her Probationer Certificate from the period can be seen here-

http://www.heruraha.net/viewtopic.php?p=16780

93 93/93


ReplyQuote
Walterfive
(@walterfive)
Member
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 856
26/08/2013 10:46 pm  
"robert schafer" wrote:
Jane Wolfe's diaries were published, at least in large part, by Phyllis Seckler in the College of Thelema's In the Continuum.    I have several issues containing segments of her diaries but I don't think the full set.

All those old "In The Continuum" issues are now freely available for download. I cut my Thelemic teeth, so to speak, on Vol. I, looking back at them now I'm amazed at how much sunk in.


ReplyQuote
rpoobus
(@rpoobus)
Member
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 2
27/08/2013 9:22 am  
"jijas" wrote:
I have been looking these books for some time:

Red Flame: Jane Wolfe Her Life With Aleister Crowley Part 1 (A Thelemic Research Journal, Volume 10) Paperback
Red Flame: Jane Wolfe Her Life With Aleister Crowley Part 2 (A Thelemic Research Journal, Volume 11) Paperback

Please let me know if you have copies for sale or if you know someone who does.

93, I recently acquired both of these books from Conjoined Creation, the folks that brought us "Liber AL: an examination".  They can be contacted at or  . They also had copies of the Red Flame edition of Grady McMurtry's poetry. These are all first editions of Red Flame and very favorably priced compared to some internet sales. AL, 93 93/93


ReplyQuote
the_real_simon_iff
(@the_real_simon_iff)
Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 1836
27/08/2013 10:49 am  

93!

Jane Wolfe also makes quite some appearances in Alostrael's Diaries, which are/were available somewhere on the web and in University collections.

Love=Law
Lutz


ReplyQuote
newneubergOuch2
(@newneubergouch2)
Member
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 287
27/08/2013 1:10 pm  

I would like to read some more of Alostraels diaries.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
27/08/2013 8:58 pm  

So would I!  Lutz, if you could find them again, I'm sure newneubergOuch2, myself, and everyone else here would greatly appreciate it if you would post a link!  Thanks!


ReplyQuote
Hamal
(@hamal)
Member
Joined: 7 years ago
Posts: 547
27/08/2013 9:12 pm  
"N.O.X" wrote:
So would I!  Lutz, if you could find them again, I'm sure newneubergOuch2, myself, and everyone else here would greatly appreciate it if you would post a link!  Thanks!

Amen to that!


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
13/11/2016 5:32 am  

You can find both copies at: [LINK DELETED BY MODERATOR: Please read the Guidelines regarding links to auctions]


ReplyQuote
jijas
(@jijas)
Member
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 3
02/07/2020 3:23 pm  

@the_real_simon_iff Do you have any idea where to find these Alostraels diaries?


ReplyQuote
Share: