Notifications
Clear all

hello everyone


 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  

New Aeon greetings and blessings,

I am ever so glad to have found a forum where i can discuss the occult with a a bunch of well-knowledged, and possibly like-minded, individuals. My given name is Samuel, (but i prefer the qliphotic name of Sammael), but you can call me Noxifer or whatever. I have lived for seventeen years on this planet we call Earth, however i only consider myself one year old. That is because i began my occultic journey only a year ago. Prior to that i was raised an orthodox Christian and grew up in fear of what might happen if i were to reject those beliefs, even though i truly didnt believe them. Just a few months after my siteenth birthday i was like "screw it, im gonna follow a path that makes sense for me." And that path was the left hand and the law of Thelema. I consider myself a Luciferian, and i have recently started practicing magick (although i cant do much while i still live at home). As far as groups/organizations go, i cant say im part of any...yet, but i am looking into several that hold to similiar beliefs as myself, especially Dragon Rouge, (Typhonian) OTO, Ordo Sekhemu, and Ordo Antichristianus Illuminati. I also wish to get involved in freemasonry.

Aside from my religious beliefs, i am a Marxist/Communist, though i vote democrat. My favorite food is pizza and Chinese. My favorite authors are Crowley, Grant, Milton, Spare, LaVey, Konstantinos, and Carroll. My favorite movies are Pirates of the Carribean, Underworld, and Queen of the Damned. I enjoy manga and anime as well.

One final thing. Whether any of you believe this or not (it's okay if you dont), im gonna throw it out there anyway. I am a vampire. There i said it. I witnessed my "awakening" just a few months ago. I've had my doubts, but now i am certain of what i am. I dont drink blood, or at least i havent yet. I am what is called a Psychic Vampire. I "drink" energy (chakra or prana).

Well, i thank anyone in advance for the welcome and i hope i can provide some good topics, arguements, etc. in the future.

Om Avete Luciferi


Quote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

93.

I enjoy pizza as well.

93 93/93


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

Well...hello Samuel and welcome to Lashtal.

I am what is called a Psychic Vampire. I "drink" energy (chakra or prana).

Wow, thats about the only thing I banish these days. A psychic vampire, as far as I am aware is an entity that to use your words:

"drink" energy (chakra or prana).

...from other people. 😯 Is this what you mean you do? Why not just manifest or raise your own energy? Dont be offended by my comments it's just that i've never really understood the whole Vampire thing. Perhaps i'll learn something from you although this is 'The Aleister Crowley Society' (so, not a general Occult forum) and if memory serves me he wasn't really into Vampirism so it hasn't been brought up much here.

The upswing, I see you have something in common with Aum418, thats good. Me too. I enjoy pizza...a little too well actually. Just cheese, hold the blood. 😉

im gonna follow a path that makes sense for me." And that path was the left hand and the law of Thelema

I wish you all the luck and success on your journey, again, welcome to Lashtal.

93
Kym


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

delete


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  

Well...hello Samuel and welcome to Lashtal.

93 and thank you for the welcome.

...from other people. Is this what you mean you do? Why not just manifest or raise your own energy? Dont be offended by my comments it's just that i've never really understood the whole Vampire thing.

It's okay. I dont blame you for having questions. Using my own energy over and over again would defeat the purpose. We call that psychic autovampirism and thats the equivalent to a sang vampire drinking his or her own blood. It does sound a bit cruel to feed off of other people's energy, and unfortunately there are those who abuse their victims (psychic terrorists). But the amout of lifeforce i and most other psy vamps take from our prey, is barely noticeable. Its just enough to give us a an extra boost.

You see, for the psychic vampire, life is only the beginning stage of our vampirism. After death, the astral body uses the last of it's energy to stay alive. When it dies the mental body (soul/higher being/genius/deamon/HGA/etc.) goes on to the afterlife (usually reincarnation). The psychic vampire, however, has the ability to keep his/her astral body alive by feeding off of the chakra of living humans. The actions of a still-living psy vamp like myself is mostly for practice, a preperation per se for the feeding i must do in the afterlife.

wish you all the luck and success on your journey, again, welcome to Lashtal.

Once again thanks and blessings.

93
Noxifer


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

Welcome, Samuel.

The universe is one, so all forms of vampirism are, de facto, autovampirism, no?


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 
"jw" wrote:
Welcome, Samuel.

The universe is one, so all forms of vampirism are, de facto, autovampirism, no?

From the perspective of the universe, from the perspective of a physical, astral, causal/mental body - no. But I see where youre going with that.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
"jw" wrote:
Welcome, Samuel.

The universe is one, so all forms of vampirism are, de facto, autovampirism, no?

Thanks 93

Ah so you're a pantheist? I see where your at, however what i meant was, if you feed of of your own energy it will do you no good because you're just giving back what you took. The individual chooses to be connected with formed and "orderly" cosmos. I do not, i have chosen to create my own reality as a "chaosmos", therefore i am One but seperate.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

if you feed of of your own energy it will do you no good because you're just giving back what you took

.... not really how it works (for me). There is an endless supply of energy in the universe. Sucking it from (actually through) another person is .... of questionable value (to me).

No offense, just sayin'. I raise my own energy, and suffer no ill effects. On the contrary.... quite on the contrary.

Please don't try to suck anything from me. Or I may have to smash you one. After all, I interpret someone saying they live off stealing others' blood/energy/whatever equivalent to saying they live off of stealing others' money.

I'll be so presumptuous as to say I'm giving you a pass because you're seventeen and are likely caught up in the glamour of vampirism. I doubt that's 'what you are' so much as 'what you want to be'... simply because I think there are no vampires - only people that think they are, who lead destructive lives. People who suck other peoples' energy will only be able to do so to inferior persons, thus they are getting inferior, low grade energy. Not the best plan IMHO. I take mine from the source.

Pizza and chinese food _are_ delicious though. So you're on the right track there LOL. The cooking energy of a kitchen full of chinese takeout cooks is far superior anyone's blood LOL.

Sorry for all the LOL's. Wierd mood today.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 
"jtm" wrote:

if you feed of of your own energy it will do you no good because you're just giving back what you took

.... not really how it works (for me). There is an endless supply of energy in the universe. Sucking it from (actually through) another person is .... of questionable value (to me).

No offense, just sayin'. I raise my own energy, and suffer no ill effects. On the contrary.... quite on the contrary.

Please don't try to suck anything from me. Or I may have to smash you one. After all, I interpret someone saying they live off stealing others' blood/energy/whatever equivalent to saying they live off of stealing others' money.

I'll be so presumptuous as to say I'm giving you a pass because you're seventeen and are likely caught up in the glamour of vampirism. I doubt that's 'what you are' so much as 'what you want to be'... simply because I think there are no vampires - only people that think they are, who lead destructive lives. People who suck other peoples' energy will only be able to do so to inferior persons, thus they are getting inferior, low grade energy. Not the best plan IMHO. I take mine from the source.

Pizza and chinese food _are_ delicious though. So you're on the right track there LOL. The cooking energy of a kitchen full of chinese takeout cooks is far superior anyone's blood LOL.

Sorry for all the LOL's. Wierd mood today.

Amen. and Aumgn. and Mmmmm.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

To add a bit to the topic of vampirism...

There are entites which could be termed vampires, psychic vampires, succubi ecetera.

Usually they are the result of (bold is me):

i have chosen to create my own reality as a "chaosmos", therefore i am One but seperate

The most important part is the fact that a vampiric being sees themself as being seperate from the One. This idea, whether real or not creates a deficincy in energy. It is the result of their "seperation" and subsequent rejection of the universes infinite supply of energy.

In order to rectify this imbalance, the vampire must steal energy from other sources.

Similar to eating chinese and pizza to maintain our physical existance, such is the vampires means of maintaining the ego.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 
"Uni_Verse" wrote:
To add a bit to the topic of vampirism...

There are entites which could be termed vampires, psychic vampires, succubi ecetera.

Usually they are the result of (bold is me):

i have chosen to create my own reality as a "chaosmos", therefore i am One but seperate

The most important part is the fact that a vampiric being sees themself as being seperate from the One. This idea, whether real or not creates a deficincy in energy. It is the result of their "seperation" and subsequent rejection of the universes infinite supply of energy.

In order to rectify this imbalance, the vampire must steal energy from other sources.

Similar to eating chinese and pizza to maintain our physical existance, such is the vampires means of maintaining the ego.

In case your selective perception is that bad, he said 'I am One' before he said 'but separate.' I have to agree with him for myself as well on this point. From one standpoint, there is no difference; from a more common standpoint, there is quite a difference. This isnt to say that I think 'vampirism' is 'cool' or 'legitimate' or whatever, but honestly, I know about 10 people who I could classify as vampires by that definition that have never read a sentence in an occult book. Also, I cannot comprehend how you manage to separate 'the universes infinite supply of energy' with those sources of energy that the vampire seeks elsewhere... Elsewhere in a different infinitely-energy-supply universe? Also, I disagree that vampires function off the sense that hey are separate from teh rest, but I already sort of pointed that out at the beginning. Your last line is especially silly - do you think we should get our sustenance from the sun and inhaling prana instead of chinese food & pizza or something? Did anyone ever mention that a vampire sucks energy to maintain his/her ego? I enjoy how you state complete conjecture about vampires as if it was accepted fact, too - its amusing.

65 & 210,
111-418


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  

The most important part is the fact that a vampiric being sees themself as being seperate from the One. This idea, whether real or not creates a deficincy in energy. It is the result of their "seperation" and subsequent rejection of the universes infinite supply of energy.

I see what you mean, but, imo, it's more of an LHP agenda to seperate oneself from the norm, not a vampiric one in general. In creating ones own reality (chaosmos) man can achieve that which was promised by the serpent, changing from a creation into a Creator. There is nothing anti-thelemic about the aspiration of godhood. In fact, Crowley taught something along those lines. Although Grant and Spare emphasize it a bit more.

In order to rectify this imbalance, the vampire must steal energy from other sources.

Not necessarily. The reason a vampire leaches energy after physical death is to prevent their astral body from dying.

There is an endless supply of energy in the universe. Sucking it from (actually through) another person is .... of questionable value (to me).

The universe (cosmos) is limited, a discordian chaosmos is not.

93 jtm

Please don't try to suck anything from me. Or I may have to smash you one. After all, I interpret someone saying they live off stealing others' blood/energy/whatever equivalent to saying they live off of stealing others' money.

LOL Dont worry, so far i can only "drink" energy via touch, or at least close proximity. The psychic vamp does not "live" off their prey, they dont need the extra energy to survive. Like i said, its mostly a practice for the afterlife, where a vampire will need to drink others energy for their astral body to survive.

I'll be so presumptuous as to say I'm giving you a pass because you're seventeen and are likely caught up in the glamour of vampirism. I doubt that's 'what you are' so much as 'what you want to be'... simply because I think there are no vampires - only people that think they are, who lead destructive lives. People who suck other peoples' energy will only be able to do so to inferior persons, thus they are getting inferior, low grade energy. Not the best plan IMHO. I take mine from the source.

Vampirism does exist, although its definately NOT the vampirism of Christian fantasy. I've had my doubts in the past, after intense study of the subject of vampirism i am 99.9% certain that i am one.

Vampires are not supposed to be destructive, and i certainly am not. The amount of energy i take is so small you wouldnt even notice it, and there would certainly be no effects (well, the prey might feel a bit tired, depending on his/her energy before the attack). Of course, they're are terrorists who live off their victims and destroy them emotionally, but that certainly represents the vast minority of psy vamps.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

Two more questions, Samuel.

I personally find it very difficult to identify with people who are knowingly drawn toward the left hand path (something which I imagine I may have to wrestle to dispell my lust of result someday). How do you reconcile your attraction to the left hand with Crowley's writings on the matter? You list Crowley as a favorite author, but he seems critical of that path:

"Crowley" wrote:
[Brothers of the Left Hand Path] are they who "shut themselves up", who refuse their blood to the Cup, who have trampled Love in the Race for self-aggrandizement.

As far as the grade of Exempt Adept, they are on the same path as the White Brotherhood; for until that grade is attained, the goal is not disclosed. Then only are the goats, the lonely leaping mountain-masters, separated from the gregarious huddling valley-bound sheep. Then those who have well learned the lessons of the Path are ready to be torn asunder, to give up their own life to the Babe of the Abyss which is --- and is not --- they.

The others, proud in their purple, refuse. They make themselves a false crown of the Horror of the Abyss; they set the Dispersion of Choronzon upon their brows; they clothe themselves in the poisoned robes of Form; they shut themselves up; and when the force that made them what they are is exhausted, their strong towers fall, they become the Eaters of Dung in the Day of Be-with-us, and their shreds, strewn in the Abyss, are lost.

Not so the Masters of the Temple, that sit as piles of dust in the City of the Pyramids, awaiting the Great Flame that shall consume that dust to ashes. For the blood that they have surrendered is treasured in the Cup of OUR LADY BABALON, a mighty medicine to awake the Eld of the All-Father, and redeem the Virgin of the World from her virginity.

(Book 4, Part 3, Ch XXI)

My second question is about your use of prana as a vampire. My (novitiate) understanding of prana is that the currents are often uncontrolled or stuffed up. I believe I remember reading some discussion of Patanjali's sutras where the practice of regulating the prana via controlled breathing should be avoided until one has mastered mental restraint- otherwise opening the currents may cause diseased thought-forms in the mind to circulate throughout the body and subsequently poisoning it (someone will please correct me if I am off track here). With that in mind do you know or care what sort of energies you are consuming from your victims and how/where you obtain those energies?

On a final note, I can appreciate your rejection of fear-inspiring Christianity. Around the same time as you, I rejected my own indoctrination in that religion because I felt beliefs should instead be awe-inspiring (that's not to say Christianity can't be awe-inspiring, only that it was not presented to me as such in Baptist Sunday school).

I also enjoy pizza, but have been curbing my dairy intake.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 
"Noxifer616" wrote:

The most important part is the fact that a vampiric being sees themself as being seperate from the One. This idea, whether real or not creates a deficincy in energy. It is the result of their "seperation" and subsequent rejection of the universes infinite supply of energy.

I see what you mean, but, imo, it's more of an LHP agenda to seperate oneself from the norm, not a vampiric one in general. In creating ones own reality (chaosmos) man can achieve that which was promised by the serpent, changing from a creation into a Creator. There is nothing anti-thelemic about the aspiration of godhood. In fact, Crowley taught something along those lines. Although Grant and Spare emphasize it a bit more.

Seriously? You havent really read much Crowley have you? Maybe I misread almost all of his writings?

There is an endless supply of energy in the universe. Sucking it from (actually through) another person is .... of questionable value (to me).

The universe (cosmos) is limited, a discordian chaosmos is not.

The universe is limited until you pretend you create your own universe where it is unlimited? Hmmm...

93 jtm

Please don't try to suck anything from me. Or I may have to smash you one. After all, I interpret someone saying they live off stealing others' blood/energy/whatever equivalent to saying they live off of stealing others' money.

LOL Dont worry, so far i can only "drink" energy via touch, or at least close proximity. The psychic vamp does not "live" off their prey, they dont need the extra energy to survive. Like i said, its mostly a practice for the afterlife, where a vampire will need to drink others energy for their astral body to survive.

What makes you so sure about this? What makes you want your astral body to survive anyways? Dont you think there just might be another way to 'preserve your astral body after death' than leeching energy from others?

Just wondering.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

I'm also not sure why one would want one's astral body to survive. After all, it's more or less an emanation of the physical body, and thus not immortal. The immortal part of you will survive death because it is .... well, IMMORTAL.

So, why not just focus on communing with the part of you that's already immortal? After all, with that approach, all things are possible. And you don't need to leech off anyone.


ReplyQuote
Michael Staley
(@michael-staley)
MANIO - it's all in the egg
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 4132
 

It sounds to me that what is being sought here is immortality of the current ego / personality, and hence the emphasis on the astral body after death. "Rage, rage, against the dying of the light". A couple of my close friends of the early 1990s were caught up into this whole vampire LeStat idea of remaining forever young and glamorous down through the centuries.


ReplyQuote
James
(@james)
Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 251
 

Both Bram Stoker and Anne Rice emphasize the loneliness of the 'immortal vampire' and create stories around the search of the groom for his immortal bride (only to be thwarted). Rider Haggard's stories of 'She' also have this theme. The permanent separation of self from the universe is not seen as particularly agreeable at least in literary terms.

Regards,


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 
"jtm" wrote:
I'm also not sure why one would want one's astral body to survive. After all, it's more or less an emanation of the physical body, and thus not immortal. The immortal part of you will survive death because it is .... well, IMMORTAL.

It is? Qabalistically its actually the other way around. You constantly state conjecture as if it was accepted fact.


ReplyQuote
lashtal
(@lashtal)
Owner and Editor Admin
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 5330
 

I wonder if I should raise the minimum age limit for membership to 18 years, or 21?

No, that way we might all miss out on posts by democrat, Marxist, ex-orthodox Christian, Luciferian, magicians still living at home, thinking of joining the Dragon Rouge, Typhonian OTO, Ordo Sekhemu, Ordo Antichristianus Illuminati and freemasonry. Oh and with a fondness for pizza and Chinese food, Pirates of the Carribean, manga and anime. Sorry, I forgot the vampire bit.

Welcome to LAShTAL.COM, Noxifer616. I think you're going to enjoy it here!

Owner and Editor
LAShTAL


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

Hey, hey, hey... Pirates of the Caribbean is a good movie 🙂

@Noxifer:

I would take the time to actually read Crowley's writings before speaking about what he teaches. Read Magick Without Tears and then come back and say that what he teaches has anything whatsover to do with the current views you're taking on metaphyics.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 
"lashtal" wrote:
I wonder if I should raise the minimum age limit for membership to 18 years, or 21?

No, that way we might all miss out on posts by democrat, Marxist, ex-orthodox Christian, Luciferian, magicians still living at home, thinking of joining the Dragon Rouge, Typhonian OTO, Ordo Sekhemu, Ordo Antichristianus Illuminati and freemasonry. Oh and with a fondness for pizza and Chinese food, Pirates of the Carribean, manga and anime. Sorry, I forgot the vampire bit.

Welcome to LAShTAL.COM, Noxifer616. I think you're going to enjoy it here!

LAShTAL has a 'tude! Force & fire indeed. Huzzah!

Honestly, I think age has little to do with it - people who are older tend to be more pompous and unchanging in their views. Its a bit of a give and take, isnt it?

I would recommend reading something other than Magick Without Tears (in addition to it)... like, say, Magick. 777. The Equinox vol.1. Eight lectures on Yoga. Or perhaps even Liber AL vel Legis and maybe even 666s various commentaries thereon... naaaaaaaah :lol:. Reading Magick Without Tears, in my opinion, has given some people some pretty lopsided opinions about Thelema, OTO, Crowley, etc. though I do think it is great in its own way!

210 & 65,
111-418


ReplyQuote
lashtal
(@lashtal)
Owner and Editor Admin
Joined: 18 years ago
Posts: 5330
 
"Aum418" wrote:
people who are older tend to be more pompous and unchanging in their views.

Nonsense! I'm much older than...

Ah... Point taken!

😉

Owner and Editor
LAShTAL


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 
"Aum418" wrote:
I would recommend reading something other than Magick Without Tears (in addition to it)... like, say, Magick. 777. The Equinox vol.1. Eight lectures on Yoga. Or perhaps even Liber AL vel Legis and maybe even 666s various commentaries thereon... naaaaaaaah :lol:. Reading Magick Without Tears, in my opinion, has given some people some pretty lopsided opinions about Thelema, OTO, Crowley, etc. though I do think it is great in its own way!

I only mentioned Magick Without Tears because it is a quick and dirty look at Crowley's response to some questions and his personal takes on some subjects. For a more in depth understanding of his world of magick, then Book 4 would definitely be next on my list. Of course to understand Thelema in itself, Liber AL vel Legis 😉


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  

I personally find it very difficult to identify with people who are knowingly drawn toward the left hand path (something which I imagine I may have to wrestle to dispell my lust of result someday). How do you reconcile your attraction to the left hand with Crowley's writings on the matter? You list Crowley as a favorite author, but he seems critical of that path:

Actually, the Left Hand Path described by Crowley is completely different from the philosophical system known today as the LHP (the meaning of LHP as we know it today did not exist in Crowley's time). The same goes for "black magick". While modern occultists classify black magick as dark aarts and goetia and such, the Crowleyian definition is any action that violates another's Will unprovoked (or something similiar, i apologise as i dont know the reference). In fact, when it comes to the two different meanings of LHP, Christians would fall closer to the title of Black Brother. Many groups that classify themselves as LHP adhere to the law of Thelema, and site Crowley as an inspiration.

My second question is about your use of prana as a vampire. My (novitiate) understanding of prana is that the currents are often uncontrolled or stuffed up. I believe I remember reading some discussion of Patanjali's sutras where the practice of regulating the prana via controlled breathing should be avoided until one has mastered mental restraint- otherwise opening the currents may cause diseased thought-forms in the mind to circulate throughout the body and subsequently poisoning it (someone will please correct me if I am off track here). With that in mind do you know or care what sort of energies you are consuming from your victims and how/where you obtain those energies?

Yes, but isnt prana/chakra regulated through the emotions somewhat? For example wouldnt an angered person have a lot more negative chakra than, say, a person who's happy, or even asleep. It's a risk that has to be taken, just like the sang vamp must take the risk when he drinks blood. That's not to say im careless, far from it, which is why i choose to "feed" from my friends mostly.

On a final note, I can appreciate your rejection of fear-inspiring Christianity. Around the same time as you, I rejected my own indoctrination in that religion because I felt beliefs should instead be awe-inspiring (that's not to say Christianity can't be awe-inspiring, only that it was not presented to me as such in Baptist Sunday school).

The main reason i rejected Christianity was because of common sense. There was just to much they expected my to take literally, and i just couldnt believe it. Also i found it's ideals such as "love your enemy" ridiculous and detrimental.

Anyhoo, 93 to all and thanks for the welcomes.


ReplyQuote
amadan-De
(@amadan-de)
Member
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 686
 

the Crowleyian definition (of black magic) is any action that violates another's Will unprovoked

- like vampirism?

How odd to aspire to be some sort of 'Hungry Ghost', forever.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

EDIT:
After posting, it dawned on me that I kept saying "He" - what I meant was psyhic vampires in general. Apologies for any confusion.

In case your selective perception is that bad, he said 'I am One' before he said 'but separate.'

My post had been made in an attept to remain as objective as possible, without actually infusing my own personal thoughts on the subject.

Being "one and seperate" in literal terms is quite the oxymoron. Afterall, how could he be seperate if he still requires energy from the same universe that gave him birth?

My point was not that he was actually seperate from the universe, but that he created the "belief" or "idea" that he was seperate, and this is the response his being, concious, subconious what have you creates as a result.

I know about 10 people who I could classify as vampires by that definition that have never read a sentence in an occult book

My definition was not meant to be limited to occultists. Magick can be worked by anyone, with or without training. You can learn just as much about magick by going outside and interacting with the universe as you can in books.

Your last line is especially silly - do you think we should get our sustenance from the sun and inhaling prana instead of chinese food & pizza or something?

I never suggested anything of the sort. You seem to have forgotten the word "similar" that is at the begining of the sentence. In other words, the process and the results are similar, but not the same.

People eat food to keep their physical bodies going, while psyhic vampires feed off peoples energy to keep their conciousness alive.

Noxifer said:

After death, the astral body uses the last of it's energy to stay alive. When it dies the mental body (soul/higher being/genius/deamon/HGA/etc.) goes on to the afterlife (usually reincarnation). The psychic vampire, however, has the ability to keep his/her astral body alive by feeding off of the chakra of living humans.

Indeed, it is the "mental body" or higher conciousness or one of the multitidue ways of explaining it that goes off to become reincarnated. Perhaps someone would like to make a post of perfered terms? This way we could toss aside all the arguements about semantics.

The only part that "dies" is the concious or ego. Psychic vampires feed off energy to keep their conciousness or ego alive. Thier sense of "self."


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 
"Noxifer616" wrote:
Many groups that classify themselves as LHP adhere to the law of Thelema, and site Crowley as an inspiration.

From my perspective there is a big difference between aspiring to the Law and adhering to it.

The main reason i rejected Christianity was because of common sense. There was just to much they expected my to take literally, and i just couldnt believe it. Also i found it's ideals such as "love your enemy" ridiculous and detrimental.

Is Thelema devoid of ridiculous and detrimental statements? "There is death for the dogs" - should I be glad I only care for cats? While the concept "love your enemy" is absurd when taken literally by enemies on the battlefield, in history one can probably find examples where marriage was used politically to force a union between rivals. In a purely figurative sense the phrase could also refer to the hermetic "union of opposites".


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  

Being "one and seperate" in literal terms is quite the oxymoron. Afterall, how could he be seperate if he still requires energy from the same universe that gave him birth?

It's not a seperation from the universe in a literal sense. It's transcending the confines of the universe. As far as depending on the cosmos, crossing the abyss weans you off of that. A Creator creates his own energy.

The only part that "dies" is the concious or ego. Psychic vampires feed off energy to keep their conciousness or ego alive. Thier sense of "self."

Well, it's not just preservation of the ego, but of the astral as well.

- like vampirism?

No, "drinking" meager energy from another does not in any way interfere with their Will.

How odd to aspire to be some sort of 'Hungry Ghost', forever.

It's not forever. To make it simple, when the mental body reincarnates back into a physical body it tends to forget the expiriences and knowledge obtained in the past life. Howver, when a psychic vampire keeps it's astral body alive and then reincarnates, the magickal knowledge stays the same.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 
"Noxifer616" wrote:
No, "drinking" meager energy from another does not in any way interfere with their Will.

Can you explain how you conclude thus, or cite a reference to the claim?

To make it simple, when the mental body reincarnates back into a physical body it tends to forget the expiriences and knowledge obtained in the past life. Howver, when a psychic vampire keeps it's astral body alive and then reincarnates, the magickal knowledge stays the same.

Why do you believe magical memory is retained in your astral body? Also why presume that your current incarnation's magical memory would be of use in a future incarnation? For example- knowledge of BASIC was useful to me 20 years ago, but now? Occult theories and practices evolve too, no? Personally, it sounds like your philosophy sees the reincarnation process as "flawed" and attempts to work around it.

The self-forgetting aspect of reincarnation is related to the mystic/magick processes of self-abnegation. So if reincarnation is a fact of life, and a process which routinely forces one to achieve self-abnegation, why would you go out of your way to try to preserve the self - esp by resorting to parasitic means? What difference does it make to the grand scheme whether or not your carry that memory or that "self"?


ReplyQuote
Baxian
(@baxian)
Member
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 74
 

Hi jw

"jw" wrote:
What difference does it make to the grand scheme whether or not your carry that memory or that "self"?

This seems where it gets interesting.

Maybe you get considerably powerful in this life magically speaking. Of course having that magical knowledge in the next life could save you a lot of time.

Though there are other ways. Like what Dion Fortune did. She tuned into some of her "past lifes" and remembered that way.
In the grand scheme of things, I dont know if it matters or not.
The buddha was not likely to have been a vampire. And yet he is credited as saying he remember many many lives.

Liber Null has a method called the black rite(I think).
Take over a newborn baby's body by ejecting the baby's spirit. You do this before death.
He said you do this if your are concerned of loosing your magical power from your current life.
So in effect you engineer your own reincarnation. Funky! 😈 lol
I am sure Carrol had a good giggle writing that out.


ReplyQuote
amadan-De
(@amadan-de)
Member
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 686
 

Take over a newborn baby's body by ejecting the baby's spirit. You do this before death.

So we get an Old Dying fellow inhabiting a New Born body .... what price our Crowned and Conquering Child now? Behold the New Aeon as Old Aeon in a nice new shirt, that's what I call progress.

"All newborns to be henceforth issued with Adamantine teeth and claws, steely Will and belly of Fire."


ReplyQuote
Baxian
(@baxian)
Member
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 74
 

Hi amadan-De

"amadan-De" wrote:
So we get an Old Dying fellow inhabiting a New Born body .... what price our Crowned and Conquering Child now? Behold the New Aeon as Old Aeon in a nice new shirt, that's what I call progress.

Yes kind of. Though more like wise old guy in baby skin suit, ordering mummy to get the latest version of Voudon Gnostic Workbook ". LOL

Carrol isn't with out a sense of humor it has to be said.


ReplyQuote
Azidonis
(@azidonis)
Member
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 2964
 
"MisterBlack" wrote:
"adonia444" wrote:
this is 'The Aleister Crowley Society' (so, not a general Occult forum) and if memory serves me he wasn't really into Vampirism so it hasn't been brought up much here.

I remember reading somewhere that Crowley had his eyeteeth filed into points at one time, and delivered the "Serpent's Kiss" to deserving ladies, in other words, biting them with his fangs. 😯 😆

This is probably just one of those "wickedest man" myths, though. Can anyone verify or repudiate?

MB

93,

The "Serpent's Kiss" can have two very similar meanings and two very different approaches. The first is a very nice and solemn bite in just the right place... The second, is of course a reference to a form of Sex Magick. Allow your imagination to play from there, and you don't even need sharp fangs. 🙂

93 93/93


ReplyQuote
Azidonis
(@azidonis)
Member
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 2964
 
"Noxifer616" wrote:
It's okay. I dont blame you for having questions. Using my own energy over and over again would defeat the purpose. We call that psychic autovampirism and thats the equivalent to a sang vampire drinking his or her own blood. It does sound a bit cruel to feed off of other people's energy, and unfortunately there are those who abuse their victims (psychic terrorists). But the amout of lifeforce i and most other psy vamps take from our prey, is barely noticeable. Its just enough to give us a an extra boost.

You see, for the psychic vampire, life is only the beginning stage of our vampirism. After death, the astral body uses the last of it's energy to stay alive. When it dies the mental body (soul/higher being/genius/deamon/HGA/etc.) goes on to the afterlife (usually reincarnation). The psychic vampire, however, has the ability to keep his/her astral body alive by feeding off of the chakra of living humans. The actions of a still-living psy vamp like myself is mostly for practice, a preperation per se for the feeding i must do in the afterlife.

Noxifer

93,

So in essence you are quite simply, not thinking your work through, yet again due to lack of attention to detail and common immaturity. As such, what you basically just told everyone is that you plan to become a ghost, phantom, poltergeist, etc. This is indicated by your silly mention to the Spirit "staying alive after death", which only happens in bizarre and extremely traumatic cases, and then only lasts until the Spirit finally is disconnected from the ties that bind it to the former consciousness in which it was apart. Going by common belief, those Spirits do not evolve when they reincarnate.

A general rule about reincarnation itself, is the Hebrew concept of the "seven day ghost", of which everyone seems to be a part. You are just determined to wallow around in the wastes a bit longer I presume?

As for psychic vampyrism in general, I wouldn't be surprised to see an uprising of cancer inside the bodies of those types of people.

I also would have hoped that this thread remain un-entertained, but alas people bite when they are bored.

93 93/93


ReplyQuote
sonofthestar
(@sonofthestar)
Member
Joined: 16 years ago
Posts: 375
 

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I am beginning to believe that this obsessive longing for some kind of immortality on Earth, or the astral realm---is a kind of injury or taint upon the psyche due to the influence of the slave god religions. How they have profaned the entire concept of what “death” possibly is –by making it a thing of fear and dread.
It is hard to explain how they could subvert the concept of death, by the mere offer of some heavenly reward or perpetual kowtowing afterlife.
Is not life itself eternal, immortal in one form or another---including whatever makes for a man: ----is that not enough?

I also think that hinted within the writ of Thelema is a process or reincarnation, vastly superior to anything heretofore imagined. Yes, there are many methods that the magician could make possible, including the “baby trick”—but the real way would be part and parcel of the Thelemic experience, and needs no striving or contriving—and conniving effortry to achieve. It would be part of the promise to the prince and apostle of infinite space, and one of the blessings experienced by all Thelemites in due course of continuity.

It is enough that one would experience the vibrant wonder of life again (assuming conditions are optimum)—such as walking barefoot on wet freshly clipped grass!
Or just to see the ocean crash against the rocks. Or to look up into the star lit vault of night. Who needs to remember anything from the past life, when one would have all this again?
That to me seems preferable than bringing back into incarnation all past memories.
The basic mindset, and personality—Yes! All the memories, and remembrances, I would consider non-essential to the experience.
It would be enough to be able to say, --Oh yes! -- i’ve been here before, and what I truly do remember, know and now experience, is indeed Myself!

And yet, would that really be enough?
Only if one knew how to will...I would think.
If there were no enchantment, t'would be no fun.
Some will achieve in one lifetime
more than others having many.
Best to concern oneself with this life here now, and what you are doing now, than to even be concerned with those yet to come.

Love is the law, love under will.


ReplyQuote
amadan-De
(@amadan-de)
Member
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 686
 

It would be enough to be able to say, --Oh yes! -- i’ve been here before, and what I truly do remember, know and now experience, is indeed Myself!

"I have always been here before" - Roky Erickson


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

It's the journey, not the destination that is important 🙂


ReplyQuote
Tiger
(@tiger)
Member
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 1779
 

Hi Noxifer616,
I am from the Order of the wild
I eat vampires. I feed on them just before they incarnate and when my belly is full I drop one on Gods door step thats the way he's arranged it.
Welcome!

1 beyond the 10 - keep searching find what works for you
You certianly have a knack for stalking energy, you found this site.

I think Mathers from the GD ended up taking the route of vampirism and did not fair well.

You seem to have a Michael Aquino - Don Webb influence
http://www.xeper.org/ovampyre/

LHP has a curious fascination nocturnal lunar quality for me and I havn't even fathomed what it is I suppose if your thinking left than your on its right:)

Ok enough of my nonsense Cheers


ReplyQuote
Proteus
(@proteus)
Member
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 243
 

Greetings Tiger

I sincerely appreciate the work of you and your ilk who rid us of this pestilential vampires. However, I do occasionally prefer a juicy chipmunk or songbird on my doorstep over a stinky preincarnated vampire. mmmm larks' tongues in aspic

LHP has a curious fascination nocturnal lunar quality for me

Be careful, never forget the lesson of Ziggy. He played it Left Hand, but made it too far.

John

P.S. I'd also like to say hello to Noxifer 616


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  

93, and thanks for the welcome.

You seem to have a Michael Aquino - Don Webb influence http://www.xeper.org/ovampyre/

Setianism? I've looked into it before, and i have to say i agree with a lot of their beliefs. As far as their vampirism goes, it's more like ritualistic vampirism, rather than actual psychic vampirism.

P.S. I'd also like to say hello to Noxifer 616

93, Proteus


ReplyQuote
Tiger
(@tiger)
Member
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 1779
 

Be careful, never forget the lesson of Ziggy. He played it Left Hand, but made it too far.

challenging the way - an agent of change - taking it too far - exciting but dangerous - who wants to be the good company man

"Essentially, the left-hand path is then the path of non-union with the objective universe. It is a way of isolating consciousness within the subjective universe and, in a state of self imposed psychic solitude, refining the soul or psyche to ever more perfect levels. The objective universe is then made to harmonize itself with the will of the individual psyche instead of the other way around." - Stephen E. Flowers Lords of the Left-Hand Path

Union or Separation either one is interesting but i'm not feelin the vampire thing yet.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

Interesting comment about the Left.

Though at the same time it seems to really blur the lines.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

So...
RHP - Every man and every woman is a star?
LHP - Any man or any woman can become a singularity?


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  

So...
RHP - Every man and every woman is a star?
LHP - Any man or any woman can become a singularity

?I dont no why you think that Thelema is a right hand philosophiy. There are many left and Thelemites, ex. Kenneth Grant. The whole point that Crowley was trying to make was that, whichever path (LH or RH) you follow, dont become a slave to either.

A far better definiton would be,
RHP- Every man and women will eventually be joined in belief
LHP- Every man and woman is should be seperate

Neither path necessarily contradicts Thelema, which stands as the middle path per se. You cannot start off on the middle path, because you cant walk to paths at once. You have to follow one with out becoming a slave to it.


ReplyQuote
Tiger
(@tiger)
Member
Joined: 14 years ago
Posts: 1779
 

This site helped me a little on this bluring confusion

"The terms LHP, and RHP, are not Western, and certainly not Christian. While Tantrik "Buddhists" never called themselves RHP or LHP, this term was applied to them. The two aren't at odds with each other. Both paths are ways to Wisdom: the difference is not in the goal but in the method. -

There is no conflict between these paths if they are True; they are yin/yang and exist together and this embodies real stratification in the sense of people naturally working at their own abilities. I.e., what you are good at, naturally comes easy! Because of this, there is always RHP in LHP, and always LHP in RHP. There is the "Being" of the receptive LHP and then the "Becoming" which is the active RHP. There is the Knowledge of the LHP that leads to the deeds of the RHP. Everything is Yin and Yang. Passive Idea; Active Deed. Like Sat-Being and Tan-Becoming.-

The RHP is the way of Yang. The LHP is the way of Yin. That's it. And like Yin and Yang, you cannot separate the two. Yin/Dark/Receptive. Yang/Light/Active.-

But this is the danger of the Lie. . . when Right and Left become something that are against each other, then the RHP is a false path.... a false Light. And LHP is felt (not thought, but felt) to be frightening and evil. This misconception, within a person, is the striving, craving for the Light Alone rebelling to exist without the Dark Parent from whence it came. That is truly self-destructive... The only people who understand what RHP and LHP really are. . . and then also see these as separate and opposed. . . are Klippoths. They see it opposed because they themselves are opposed to their own shell-ish non-being. In otherwords, they know this Lie and Falsehood through their own peculiar flesh! "
http://www.apodion.com/vad/article.php?id=20&aid=157

"in the case of robust women, he (Crowley) considered it essential to their well-being to drain off superfluous energy"
The Magickal Revival -Chapter Blood, Vamperism, Death and Moon Magick pg141


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

Regarding the Flowers quote Tiger posted, I was musing an extrapolation of the microcosmic concept to a more macrocosmic one. I.E. in a sense a singularity is a typically solitary interstellar object which exerts itself on the shape and harmony of the nearby universe much more than a typical "living" star which, while shaping the nearby universe to a certain extent, could be said to be more in gravitational co-operation with its interstellar neighbors and the galaxy on the whole.

As far as Thelema in relation to "modern LHP": From my perspective Thelema is way more preoccupied with the sense of union as a philosophy, and rejects solitude and separation - except as a means to union.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 

Thelema, I see as following the path of the Magician.

It is niether left or right, the lightening bolt streaking across All.

What made the Left Path comment so interesting to me is that essentially, I spent alot of time by myself in "seperation."
However, I do not see myself doing the second part - more of seeking a balance or harmonization between the objective/subjective universes.


ReplyQuote
Azidonis
(@azidonis)
Member
Joined: 15 years ago
Posts: 2964
 

93,

Traditionally according to Crowley, the Aspirant is just an Aspirant even through the point of attaining the K&C. It is the Adeptus Exemptus that will either succeed or fail in rendering all he has and all he is unto Our Lady, and the outcome of that experience will determine his actions from there. Either he will fail to annihilate the Ego, or become consumed by it.

"Adeptus (Exemptus). --- Completes in perfection all these matters. He then either (a) becomes a Brother of the Left Hand Path or, (b) is stripped of all his attainments and of himself as well, even of his Holy Guardian Angel, and becomes a babe of the Abyss, who, having transcended the Reason, does nothing but grow in the womb of its mother. It then finds itself a

Magister Templi. --- (Master of the Temple): whose functions are fully described in Liber 418, as is this whole initiation from Adeptus Exemptus. See also "Aha!". His principal business is to tend his "garden" of disciples, and to obtain a perfect understanding of the Universe. He is a Master of Samadhi."
- Crowley, MTP, Appendix II, One Star in Sight http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/aba/app2.html and elsewhere.

In other words, don't confuse yourself while looking for personal labels.

93 93/93


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 51 years ago
Posts: 0
 
"Noxifer616" wrote:
I have lived for seventeen years on this planet we call Earth, however i only consider myself one year old. That is because i began my occultic journey only a year ago.

You sure you're a vampire? Sound more to me like you are a cicada.


ReplyQuote
Share: