Liber 777 and attri...

Notifications
Clear all

Liber 777 and attributions to Hexagram  

RSS

Anonymous
06/08/2011 11:10 pm  

I am doing some Microcosmic work and was just reading through my 777 when I came across something I should have noticed before.

In column LXXXIII, in the "attributions to hexagram", there is two rows and attributions for "Left Lower Point", but no row or attributions to "Left Upper Point".

Is this a misprint, or is this a case of an amazing coincidence of "each set, absorbed in the higher, as it were", that I just need to study more on.

I am perplexed.

Thank you~

Markus
(@markus)
07/08/2011 12:37 am  

Probably a misprint! I haven't got my English copy of 777 at hand, but the German copies (which ought to be avoided like the plague!) have: Left upper point: 27, iron, Phaleg...

Hope this helps,
Markus

ReplyQuote
Proteus
(@proteus)
07/08/2011 2:54 am  

Satchel (Fr. Felis domesticus) is sleeping soundly on my copy of 777 at the moment and I don't want to disturb him. However, I'm fairly certain Upper Left Hexagram is attributed to Geburah and all of the Key 27 stuff; i.e., I agree with Markus.

Bast Ompehda!

John

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
07/08/2011 3:10 am  

Yeah that's a typo. Just superimpose the image of the Hexagram over the Tree of Life diagram and it'll be perfectly clear

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
07/08/2011 7:41 am  

The Left Lower Point, Liber 777, column LXXXIII, "The Attribution of the Hexagram" may be set in this instance in correspondence to the Hanged Man, Liber DCLXXI vel Pyramidos, Initiation.

Note correspondence :

HEXAGRAM__________HANGED MAN
Left (Lower Point)____ I gild my left (foot)....
Bottom (Point)_______I gild my Phallus...
Right (Lower Point)___ I gild my right (knee)
Right (Upper Point)___ I gild my right (foot) ...
Left (Lower Point)____ I gild my left (knee)....

I think it would be important to note the Hanged Man (Atu XII) is bound by the left foot at the apex of the pyramid. The right leg from knee to foot horizontally divides the pyramid, therefore vertically the left knee to the left foot is a separate section in a triangle at the top of the pyramid. The key to the upper section (left knee to left foot) is found at the left foot = left lower point (see Atu XII) and suggests the eye in the triangle (from which the Hanged Man is bound). Therefore, in Liber 777, column LXXXIII, "The Attribution of the Hexagram", repeating the Left Lower Point would have perhaps been correct in this instance (attributed to Atu XII). In terms of the attribution of the the points of the Hexagram for other use, the above correspondence of Liber 777 with Liber "Pyramidos" would seem to suggest Key 12 = Left Upper Point, Key 27 = Left Lower Point.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
08/08/2011 2:31 am  

Oh man, thank you so much for helpin' me out. I don't have money to buy all my Crowley books, so I downloaded almost all of them. I've been hardcore in to Crowley since 2007 and I am doing some extended work right now on mapping out the tetragrammaton with relation to pentagrams, hexagrams, also hex and tri of the I King relations, everything I can possibly map out to get a more eagle-eye view of the macrocosm.

The 777's I have are from a Crowley torrent, as well as a darkbooks 777 I got, both of them, plus all I could find through google have this error, so hopefully people can search this site for the same thing I tired to, and find this topic and get straight.

Thank you again!

Do what thou Wilt shall be the Whole of the law.
Love is the Law, Love Under Will

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
08/08/2011 1:48 pm  

A good way for the student to get some initial familiarity with books like 777, if they have the time and wherewithal, is to find a good quality library that has original editions and then copy them out by hand. It helps the ideas to take root in the mind and bypasses the problems of trashy editions later and worries over authenticity. Such concerns, serious as they are, can easily take up more time than the search for truth or the practices themselves. Just a suggestion. (I still often use my hand-written copies of many libers made very many years ago.)

ReplyQuote
SatansAdvocaat
(@satansadvocaat)
08/08/2011 2:00 pm  

Might be going a bit off course here, but speaking of misprints in Crowley editions, there are several misprints in Sepher Sephiroth as regards the Hebrew text (my 1973 printing in Regardie's 'The Qabalah of Aleister Crowley') and notably in 'Konx Om Pax' where there is a consistent confusion between the Ayin and the Tzaddi in the quoted passage from 'The Book of Concealment'.

Just thought I'd chuck this in for what it's worth....

Regards - S.A.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
09/08/2011 3:28 am  

"Yeah that's a typo. Just superimpose the image of the Hexagram over the Tree of Life diagram and it'll be perfectly clear"

Could someone please explain this quote to me. I know that Tiphareth is the center of the hexagram, but do you mean to tell me that Chesed is the tip right point, and geburah the top left? If this is so, then what is the top point, Daath or Kether?

I'm sorry if this is obvious.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
09/08/2011 3:41 pm  
"ThelemicMage" wrote:
"Yeah that's a typo. Just superimpose the image of the Hexagram over the Tree of Life diagram and it'll be perfectly clear"

Could someone please explain this quote to me. I know that Tiphareth is the center of the hexagram, but do you mean to tell me that Chesed is the tip right point, and geburah the top left? If this is so, then what is the top point, Daath or Kether?

I'm sorry if this is obvious.

It's Saturn (Binah).

This page has an image of the planetary attributions:

http://silentlanguageofthebirds.wordpress.com/hermetica-pentagram-hexagram/

ReplyQuote
Share: