The Cipher of AL 2:...

Notifications
Clear all

The Cipher of AL 2:76 and Geometry

threefold31
(@threefold31)
Topic starter  

Dwtw:

The enigma of the Cipher in Liber AL 2:76 may be approached with geometry.

Verses 75 and 76 state the problem, and tell us what we are supposed to “listen to”:

Aye! listen to the numbers & the words:

4 6 3 8 A B K 2 4 A L G M O R 3 Y X 24 89 R P S T O V A L.

We take the value of the ‘numbers’ (143)

and the ‘words’, i.e., the letters in the Cipher (208)

and make these the sides of a right triangle. The hypotenuse is then 252.41

Thus, the instruction indicates the categories and components of the Cipher

to be solved with this geometry, using Trigrammaton gematria equivalents:

252 = the numbers & the words:

143 = 4 + 6 + 3 + 8 + 2 + 4 + 3 + 24 + 89

208 = A+B+K+A+L+G+M+O+R+Y+X+R+P+S+T+O+V+A+L

The circumference of the circumcircle of this triangle exactly matches

the gematria of the entire verse 2:3, where ‘circumference’ is mentioned:

793 = In the sphere I am everywhere the centre,

as she, the circumference, is nowhere found.

Within this circumference, the diameter also has a poignant match, identifying it with Had:

252 = The Manifestation of Nuit

Litlluw

Omega Logion 9/2

This topic was modified 1 month ago 4 times by threefold31

Shiva
(@shiva)
Not a Rajah

Posted by: @threefold31

and the ‘words’, i.e., the letters in the Cipher (208)

I confirm 143 on the numbers. Please clarify which/what numerical value system you are using.

ReplyQuote
hadgigegenraum
(@hadgigegenraum)

Certainly there is elegance in this proof....with a nudge or two...Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Shiva
(@shiva)
Not a Rajah

Posted by: @hadgigegenraum

...with a nudge or two.

What? Nudging is forbidden, o man, unto thee - on penalty of not having a perfectly equilibrated equation (with illustrations).

I didn't get far enough to detect any nudging or fiddling. I'm still stuck at the letters = numbers total number. How did you detect a nudge (or two)? Are you a Speed Geometrician? (It's like speed reading, but involves lines, circles, and mathematics - maybe algebra).

ReplyQuote
hadgigegenraum
(@hadgigegenraum)

Rounding off decimal numbers to the nearest whole digit value could be defined as "nudging", though other terms like 'fiddling' or 'tweaking" might well, kind of, sort of, suffice....

Now beyond the rounding off for good measure, what confounds me is how "Had" as "the manifestation of Nuit" becomes a line?... (potentially very interesting!)

For, Hadit is qualified as "not extended" in II.2, and in II.3 as "In the sphere I am everywhere the center" and thus not a diameter or a radius....

Of course Nuit is not a circle, but a sphere, so the geometry of the proof requires some "transforms" to which the 'not extended' becomes 'extended'....

ReplyQuote
Shiva
(@shiva)
Not a Rajah

Rounding off decimal numbers to the nearest whole digit value could be defined as "nudging"

Agreed. No Pis in the face, please.

other terms like 'fiddling' or 'tweaking" might well, kind of, sort of, suffice....

The generic term is Modification of any kind or degree, which shall be against the whole of the law. Accuracy is the law - accuracy under (a steady) Will.

the proof requires some "transforms" to which the 'not extended' becomes 'extended'....

Well, that one's easy as Pi. But not in geometry.

Hadit = point = no dimensions = Kether. "I am not extended." Fine.

Science tells us this point without dimensions extends itself into 10 dimensions. It vibrates or oscillates in these 10 dimensions (it sets itself up for action). These 10 oscillating points, in ALL the Sephiroth, are connected by a line or a "string," which as far as I can tell is invisible and unproven, but they call it "a string." This is the precursor to The Line, which becomes obvious at Chokmah.

The Line (no longer a precursor "string") is obvious because it has One Dimesion - LengthIt could be called "height" or "width," but only one word is allowed in the second sphere.

In any case, The Line (an extension) is under way. It will add dimensions as it goes, eventually uniting with infinite space - wait a kalpa! It was as an unmeasurable point in infinite space where this all began. Welcome to the wonderful world of circular logic.

ReplyQuote
hadgigegenraum
(@hadgigegenraum)

@shiva 

Excellent! 

And who is to say that the 'circumference' referred to is necessarily a circle!

ReplyQuote
Shiva
(@shiva)
Not a Rajah

who is to say that the 'circumference' referred to is necessarily a circle!

Nuit is The Queen of Infinite Space - Infinite. If such a thing is true, then no circle, sphere, or periphery can contain it.

ReplyQuote
threefold31
(@threefold31)
Topic starter  

@shiva 

Dwtw

The letter-values are determined by taking Crowley's assignments of English letters to the trigrams, which in turn are numbers in base 3.

I=0; L=1; C=2; H=3; P=4; A=5; X=6; J=7; W=8; T=9; O=10; G=11; F=12; E=13;

R=14; S=15; Q=16; K=17; Y=18; Z=19; B= 20; M=21; V=22; D=23; N=24; U=25.

@hadgigegenraum

The 'nudging' is a common feature of Greek qabalah when applied to geometry, where it is the ratios that are important, and those ratios are expressed with integer values. I used the nearest integers to the actual dimensions. Naturally, where Pi is involved you will almost always have a non-integer as an answer. And since gematria values are always integers, you have to use the closest approximation.

The coupling of the diameter and Hadit is not that they are identical, (I could have worded that better) but that the diameter is (double) the distance from the center of the circle to its perimeter. It expresses a relation between the center and the circle, a relation between Hadit and Nuit, who is the circumference, as Hadit states.

It is true that the word 'circumference' does not necessarily refer to a circle, but in the text of verse 2:3 it mentions the circumference of a sphere, which is a circle. And the idea that Pi might be involved in Liber AL is very clearly expressed in verse 3:47 regarding "the circle squared in its failure is a key also..."

As for Nuit being infinite; she does claim that, and Hadit also claims she is the circumference of a sphere; (he does not call her a sphere, but a circumference). These may be contradictions or not; it depends on how you define infinite. For example, there are an infinity of points on a circle, according to the Euclidean geometry being used here.

But for the purposes presented in this cipher, a circle with a specific measurement can be derived, and that measurement matches as closely as one might expect to the verse that mentions the circumference.

Litlluw
O.L.

ReplyQuote
Shiva
(@shiva)
Not a Rajah

Posted by: @threefold31

The letter-values are determined by taking Crowley's assignments of English letters to the trigrams

Okay. I think I asked you that a long while ago, but I needed to get it straight.

I like Trigrammaton, the concept. Along with Crowley, I've had no luck with it, but I never tried very hard, so I will now become an armchair loser.

ReplyQuote
threefold31
(@threefold31)
Topic starter  

Dwtw

A right triangle whose legs are integer lengths of 143 and 208

has a hypotenuse that equals ~252.414342

Take this number and apply the Golden Ratio:

252.414342 / 1.618034 = 156.0006

Thus, Babalon is in Golden Ratio to the hypotenuse,

accurate to three decimal places.

TO MH indeed!

Litluw

O.L.

ReplyQuote
hadgigegenraum
(@hadgigegenraum)

@threefold31 

Further excellence...but is Babalon as 156 conversant with Trigammatonics or is there some other nudge involved? 

ReplyQuote
threefold31
(@threefold31)
Topic starter  

@hadgigegenraum 

Dwtw

I'm using Babalon = 156 as per Crowley.

It's interesting that he thought this was the "secret name" promised by Nuit,

and if one starts with it as the integer base you have:

156 * Phi = 252.4132

252.4132 * Pi = 792.979

so you still end up in close proximity to 793, and hence the verse about the circumference.

156 is, however, deeply involved in Trigrammaton as well.

The sum of the 12 zodiac trigrams is 156

The sum of the 8 planetary trigrams is 156.

The sum of the 7 elemental trigrams is 39, or 156 / 4.

Litlluw

O.L.

ReplyQuote
hadgigegenraum
(@hadgigegenraum)

@threefold31 

And Babalon by bus, I mean Trigrammaton, would appear to add to 85 which is not eighty fives, but seventeen fives go into that number, and either way that is a lot of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA's

ReplyQuote
gurugeorge
(@gurugeorge)

Very interesting stuff.  It would be quite amusing if the gematria of the New Age was approximate, to decimal places.  That would kind of fit in an odd way ("there is a factor infinite & unknown").  Also the modern emphasis on probability, Bayesian reasoning, etc.

ReplyQuote
threefold31
(@threefold31)
Topic starter  

Dwtw

Since the idea of ‘circumference’ is central to the solution of the Cipher, it is interesting to look at the word itself in the text. If we take Liber CCXX and count all the ‘words’, i.e., all the series of alpha-numeric glyphs that have a space at either end, then the word ‘circumference’ is the 2018th word of the Book.

This includes 22 ampersands, the number 11, the word Thelema, the letter Tzaddi, and the 69 verse numbers (1-66; 1-3) that precede the word. In short, it is all the contents of the Book up to that point.

Now consider the number 2018 itself as a Circumference of a circle. The diameter is then 642.35; let us round this down to 642, and behold!

642 = What meaneth this, o prophet? Thou knowest not; nor shalt thou know ever.

These are the very first words to come after the Cipher in verse 2:76.

Thus, the solution covers the statement of what shall be listened to, which are the components of a right triangle; the circumcircle of that triangle, which in turn is the verse that refers to a circumference, which then points to the caveat regarding the meaning of the Cipher.

Litlluw

O.L.

ReplyQuote
hadgigegenraum
(@hadgigegenraum)

Excellent

And to think i am still going over the first part of your equation, which is fascinating considering the thought of Hadit moving as the hypotenuse, which of course will never know the circle as Nicholas of Cusa showed how science without hypothesis makes for slaves who think their hypotenuses will solve the problem....

ReplyQuote
Share: