Notifications
Clear all

Thelemic-Mayan Timeshift 1992

Shiva
(@shiva)
Not a Rajah
Topic starter  

The Timeshift Ceremony of 1992 Video has been upgraded, upsized, and recut with uphearable sound enhancement.

Come and visit with us on July 25, 1992 just after dawn in the mountains east of San Diego, California. See Frater Shiva blow the horn that marked the end of recorded history. See Soror Artemis perform a wide-scale, modified Star Ruby ritual of the pentagram to banish the Dreamspell of History. Hear Frater Lightblazer invoke the Great White Brotherhood. See and hear Shiva make a mistake in the foreshortened Invocation of Thoth (he says "blazing" instead of "flaming" :o). See "The Timetables of History" before they were burned in the great censer. The actual burning is, however, completely obscured, simply because the video battery ran out.

This was the day that the Mayan calendar synchronized with the Gregorian calendar, and four tribes of humanity squared off with the four flags of the four elements to ceremonially "ground" this concept.

This was the third, and final, Flashdance ceremony of Thelemic Arcania. It was open to the public, and announced in the newspaper. What screened out the curious, the losers and the slackers, and the general infiltration of black lodge demons, was the fact that participants had to individually (or in small self-generated groups) drive uphill from San Diego at about 4 A.M. for about 45 minutes to meet in a designated rural parking lot. Somehow, a special contingent from Mexico managed to make it on time, and they can prominently be seen bearing the blue banner in the West.

Once the caravan departed from that parking lot, still in the dark, any latecomers would find an empty space. But you can come along up to that Mesa in the mountains ...

http://youtu.be/eGU-_cfHNXU

Shiva
(@shiva)
Not a Rajah
Topic starter  

TS wrote by external email:
"Just finished watching the historical video you sent. Thanks for sharing this special ritual, this unique memory. For some reason, it triggered thoughts of work I've been doing exploring the guts of "memory." ... I was contemplating on how personal memories function like embedded symbols on the time line of my persona. I got to thinking how my persona seems as if it is constructed of experiences and how these experiences seem to be composed of memories. This led to consideration of the composition of memories.

"I was fooling around with various models and ... Here's how it works. On each point of the star I hung a characteristic of a specific memory. The six characteristics I used to capture an experience include: Place, Sensory Impressions, Sequence, Time, Emotions, and Meaning. What this model proposes is that any specific memory becomes an unique energetic pattern comprised of these six characteristics."

Whatever we are, right now, in the "eternal" ongoing "now," is built up from thought. All thought is just a memory, whether of our own or of some other person, somewhen in time. Our individuality is based on a foundation of memories in a particular sequence - our own lineage.

Whatever we "remember," consciously or subconsciously, is also our "karma," those forces in action as causes that determine the "effects" (the consciousness and its relationship with the manifested physical reality).

The six factors synchronize into a holistic "star" as the point in the center of the hexagram.

[/align:1wh1wrzl]

The memories, once recorded, can never be changed - but they can be perceived from a different viewpoint. Usually, in the long run, we end up seeing how silly, or how "bad," we were. "Bad" is not defined here as a moral concept, but rather as that which causes one to regret their action, because remembering it in a wider scope makes one feel "bad" (i.e., depressed or guilty or filled with terror).

[/align:1wh1wrzl]

Each of us is an all-seeing eye that floats just above the truncated crest of a pyramid, of which each layer of blocks is a bank of records in the universal RAM, and each block is an individual, fleeting memory that is embedded somewhere in time.

ReplyQuote
Los
 Los
(@los)

"Shiva" wrote:
Whatever we are, right now, in the "eternal" ongoing "now," is built up from thought. All thought is just a memory, whether of our own or of some other person, somewhen in time.

In one sense, all we are is right Now, and the past is just a thought that we're having in the Now.

"Self" is a concept within those thoughts, the idea of a collection of all of one's experiences (and this self is constantly changing, since we're constantly acquiring more experience, i.e. expanding into the body of Nuit. Hence, "die daily").

An interesting thing about really grasping this is the realization that while this "self" is in flux, the collection of experiences that comprises the self is forever a part of the past, influencing the present to some extent. If that's the case now, as we "die" each moment, then the same thing will be the case after we die (physically). Hence, "death is the crown of all." Death seals the story called "you" -- that is, the collection of events called "you" -- which is a permanent part of history.

Once you figure that out and really understand it -- and I mean understand it in your very bones -- the so-called "fear of death" just vanishes. There's literally nothing to fear. 

The memories, once recorded, can never be changed - but they can be perceived from a different viewpoint. Usually, in the long run, we end up seeing how silly, or how "bad," we were. "Bad" is not defined here as a moral concept, but rather as that which causes one to regret their action, because remembering it in a wider scope makes one feel "bad" (i.e., depressed or guilty or filled with terror).

It can be a useful practice to call up memories and play them over in one's head until one no longer experiences them as "bad" but just learns to see them as they are. The main use of this practice is that one can train the mind to start viewing current experiences in the same way. As it is written, "Let there be no difference made among you between any one thing & any other thing; for thereby there cometh hurt." None of your experiences is "better" or "worse" than any other: each one is necessary.

ReplyQuote
Shiva
(@shiva)
Not a Rajah
Topic starter  

Here is a follow up to the aforementioned release of Timeshift Ceremony 1992,” being the public ceremony that was performed five years before Timeshift:

[/align:3et0ecbq]

Thelema meets Harmonic Convergence 1987 Part 1 – the Rituals. 14 minutes.
August 16, 1987 Harmonic Convergence. Thousand Oaks, California. Magickal High Noon Ceremony for about 100 members of the public. See and hear Frater Mont perform The Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram. Hear a clip of Lightblazer's 35-minute channeled message. Follow Frater Shiva through the entire Invocation of Thoth. See Mont close the circle in preparation for the lineup of Part 2 – the Initiations.

Somehow, we, the optimistically gullible, hoped to see a change in the materialistic world. Like the hippies of the 60's, the abased generation of the 80's turned out globally to celebrate another shot at launching the New Age, this one riding atop Mayan cosmology and calendry.

What happened? Nothing. That’s what happened. Absolutely nothing. No new thing of any kind showed up to confirm our salvation or to herald the great new paradigm into manifestation.

Of course, upon closer study, it turned out that Harmonic Convergence was merely the initial synchronization of the major Solar and Lunar calendars, with a major cosmic synchromesh called "Timeshift" coming five years later in 1992.

Part 1 - http://youtu.be/zYmbulVWIlE

[/align:3et0ecbq]

Thelema meets Harmonic Convergence 1987 Part 2 – the Initiations. 6 minutes.
Afternoon Initiations with Magick for the public. See and hear Frater Shiva deliver many of the 76 applications of the Rod of Initiation to individual candidates. 6 minutes.

Part 2 - http://youtu.be/kDHAOJfxhBE

ReplyQuote
jamie barter
(@jamie-barter)

"Los" wrote:
In one sense, all we are is right Now, and the past is just a thought that we're having in the Now. ...

And of course, there is no “Right Now” either (as I have remarked in a little more detail in the Reincarnation threads).  Much of the content of this thread (and especially to do with the aspect of memory), is/ was also remarked upon & was/ is tangentially the basis behind my various speculations & contentions in the (now locked) thread “The Magickal Diary – Worthwhile or Worthless?”

Shiva, your “Timeshift” ceremony sounds interesting, but yet one more on the variations upon a similar theme stretching back into history, publicised by the Jehovah’s Witnesses, Nostradamus et al, with various “crisis” dates lately incorporating the much-trumpeted Harmonic Convergence of 1987, 1999, 2005, 2012, etc. (I believe the next major one is scheduled for 2029, but stand open to correction.)  And what happened?

"Shiva" wrote:
Somehow, we, the optimistically gullible, hoped to see a change in the materialistic world. Like the hippies of the 60's, the abased generation of the 80's turned out globally to celebrate another shot at launching the New Age, this one riding atop Mayan cosmology and calendry.

What happened? Nothing. That’s what happened. Absolutely nothing. No new thing of any kind showed up to confirm our salvation or to herald the great new paradigm into manifestation.

Sigh!  Roll on the next, as they say.  And there’s always some excuse trumpeted afterwards as to why it didn’t happen.  There was a rather amusing Beyond The Fringe sketch with Peter Cook, Dudley Moore & Alan Bennett (originally done back in ’63, I think!) making risible mirth of the whole same thing.  Oh, yes, I see it now –

"Shiva" wrote:
Of course, upon closer study, it turned out that Harmonic Convergence was merely the initial synchronization of the major Solar and Lunar calendars, with a major cosmic synchromesh called "Timeshift" coming five years later in 1992.

Except that in the sketch, I think they re-arranged it for the following week “same time, same place”…

I also rather liked the idea of the following:

Thelema meets Harmonic Convergence 1987 Part 2 – the Initiations. 6 minutes.
Afternoon Initiations with Magick for the public. See and hear Frater Shiva deliver many of the 76 applications of the Rod of Initiation to individual candidates. 6 minutes.

I haven’t had an opportunity to “see and hear” it yet, but I suppose that that would give half as much time again as the old Four Minute (nuclear apocalypse) Warning.  And, if one knew the exact timeframe, it might be possible to “bring all bodies to orgasm simultaneously” of those hoping to have it off before annihilation or whatever occurred without their being caught out literally with their trousers down (as it were), when their la petite morte was superceded by the grande one.

“They say she [death] comes on a pale horse, but I’m sure I hear a train!” (Peter Gabriel),
Norma N. Joy Conquest

ReplyQuote
jamie barter
(@jamie-barter)

Further to my remarks yesterday I meant to add the following, however am not conversant with the ‘Edit’ arrangements:

"Shiva" wrote:
The memories, once recorded, can never be changed - but they can be perceived from a different viewpoint. ...

I ‘never’ like that word never myself.  It is ‘definitely’ of the kin of Because, imho!  But aside from that, I agree that memories can also definitely be “perceived from a different viewpoint”, hence in a nutshell the whole of my disagreement about the intrinsic worth of a magickal diary over time: the future reader is no longer the same person as the ‘same’ person who was writing (that is not to say it is of no value at all, however, of course.)

But I do disagree with the notion that "memories once recorded, can never be changed."  What to make, then, of false memory syndrome – which is, according to the psychologists, a fairly commonplace mental “disorder” – how would one (i.e., the experiencer) possibly be able to tell & know which of their memories are false and which are real?  Incidentally, I found that the multiplex blockbuster Total Recall (starring that sometime Governor of California Arnie Schwarzenegger, for which rôle acting now appears to be something of a desirable element in the person specification for the job - possibly because politics requires a degree of willing suspension of disbelief, a heightened sense of drama & an ability to manipulate and draw on a wide range of ersatz human emotions in order to gull the public) was, for a mainstream film, surprisingly adroit at handling these questions.

Memory is just as pliable and plastic to personal interpretation – consciously or subconsciously – as any other mental activity such as visualisation, imagination, even more ‘left-brain’ activity such as critical analysis & examination using selective subjective criteria – there is no special case and no exception to the rule here.  Also, memory is just as susceptible to outside interference – i.e., brainwashing or conditioning – as any of these other personal mental activities.  As George Orwell eloquently put it in 1984, along with his discussion of the principles of Newspeak,

The past not only changed, but changed continuously.  What most afflicted him with the sense of nightmare was that he had never clearly understood why the huge imposture was undertaken.  The immediate advantages of falsifying the past were obvious, but the ultimate motive was mysterious.  He took up his pen again and wrote:
I understand HOW: I do not understand WHY.
He wondered, as he had many times wondered before whether he himself was a lunatic.  Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.  At one time it had been a sign of madness to believe that the earth goes round the sun: today, to believe that the past is unalterable.  He might be alone in holding that belief, and if alone, then a lunatic.  But the thought of being a lunatic did not greatly trouble him: the horror was that he might also be wrong.
… In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it.  It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.  Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy.  The heresy of heresies was common sense.  And what was terrifying was not that they would kill you for thinking otherwise, but that they might be right.  For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four?  Or that the force of gravity works?  Or that the past is unchangeable?  If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable – what then?

(Nineteen Eighty Four (Part I, Chapter VII) by George Orwell)[/align:2kfksao6]

It is a sobering thought to contemplate that we are all as individuals the sum product of our collective memories.  But then, there are medical conditions (I don’t know the exact medical terms for them) where certain amnesiacs who have a 30-second attention/ memory span are otherwise ‘normal’ and seem to have a developed character of their own – i.e., they are in no sense a ‘personality’ vacuum.

"Can it be that it was all so simple then, or has time re-written every line?" (The Way We Were) – or, Remember You’re A Womble!
N. Joy

ReplyQuote
Shiva
(@shiva)
Not a Rajah
Topic starter  
"jamie barter" wrote:
I ... am not conversant with the ‘Edit’ arrangements ...

There's a little doo-dad icon image link button down towards the bottom of your recent post (any recent post), and it's only viewable for you, and that only if you are signrd in (otherwise any old wikiup could come along and change your postage). But it's only there for a few minutes ... then it disappears and the writing hand, having writ, moves on ... leaving us all with a permanent record – just like an infallible, unchangeable memory  ::)

But the “edit” doo-dad only remains viable for a few minutes (5? 15? I dunno). So if you clickit, you get your postage back on screen and then you can wiki it up, or make other changes – and then select “Save.” Your message is thus modified, the trick being that you only have a short time to review your oracle and make changes. Long-term editing ability has been foresworn due to the possibility of some fraudulent fellows re-writing history … or otherwise “covering their tracks.”

"Shiva" wrote:
The memories, once recorded, can never be changed - but they can be perceived from a different viewpoint. ...
"jamie barter" wrote:
I ‘never’ like that word never myself ... I do disagree with the notion that "memories once recorded, can never be changed."
Quote:
I'm not sure I agree with your conclusion that "memories, once recorded, can never be changed." I base this hope on the concept that energy cannot be destroyed but it can be transformed.

Why, yes, how silly of me. I must have been speeding when I wrote that. What I meant to imply was that once an act or a fact has been enacted, it cannot be changed; but then everything being subject to pralaya, it is not only available for changing, but also for annihilation – even if that means transmuting it into pure energy.

An objective act, action, fact or faction is made available for instant or delayed replay through our subjective recall function (memory). When I was writing Inside Solar Lodge, I was confronted with a few, terrible, memory problems. I was a full year off on the date one critical event. I had to employ extensive self-hypnosis, and I even referred to other people’s written account, in order to remember 1967 as 1967 and not 1966.

I remember talking to Frater Jon at the 1978 Wesak Festival, but he remembered absolutely nothing about that event. But he remembered 1979’s Wesak Festival in great detail, while I only held thin scraps of RAM.

Courts of Law thrive on confrontation between persons of mutually-conflicted memory. It (memory) is all so essentially unstable that one mught wonder how such a thing as a stable, integrated, contiguous persona can even hope to exist.

I remember - therefore I Am!  8)

ReplyQuote
jamie barter
(@jamie-barter)

"Shiva" wrote:
... But the “edit” doo-dad only remains viable for a few minutes (5? 15? I dunno). So if you clickit, you get your postage back on screen and then you can wiki it up, or make other changes – and then select “Save.” Your message is thus modified, the trick being that you only have a short time to review your oracle and make changes. Long-term editing ability has been foresworn due to the possibility of some fraudulent fellows re-writing history … or otherwise “covering their tracks.”

Thank you for the Edit guff; that is sure to come in useful!  (Although I am not one of those scoundrels who would want to “otherwise cover their tracks”… the tracks of my tears of regret, possibly!  (Though I jest… ;D)

"Shiva" wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure I agree with your conclusion that "memories, once recorded, can never be changed." I base this hope on the concept that energy cannot be destroyed but it can be transformed.

Why, yes, how silly of me. I must have been speeding when I wrote that. ...

Speeding?  Watch out for the “traffic” cops!

"Shiva" wrote:
... What I meant to imply was that once an act or a fact has been enacted, it cannot be changed; but then everything being subject to pralaya, it is not only available for changing, but also for annihilation – even if that means transmuting it into pure energy.

Yes, I quite agree.  In lines with the laws of the conservation of energy, it (memories) can “never” be destroyed, only transmuted.  The main point being, the event can in no circumstances ever be the same as the recollection, even for someone with supposedly perfect recall or triggered by, say, reading a "diary" of the events concerned, and may in fact end up being divergent or even wildly different.

"Shiva" wrote:
An objective act, action, fact or faction is made available for instant or delayed replay through our subjective recall function (memory). When I was writing Inside Solar Lodge, I was confronted with a few, terrible, memory problems. I was a full year off on the date one critical event. I had to employ extensive self-hypnosis, and I even referred to other people’s written account, in order to remember 1967 as 1967 and not 1966.

Was your “missing year” then 1966-67, as I “assumed” (= do not have the ancient thread I read the other week to hand to check) the reference was to Solar’s garage/ boot sale at which you described Grady McMurtry toddling along & snapping up his future (possibly previously A.C.’s; presumably now COTO’s property) replicant image of the Stele, which you said (as far as I “remember”!) was September ’70 and in fact turned out to be Sept ’69?  (Some scoop, by the way! No wonder his grin, in the photo I have seen of him with this artefact, was not unlike a Cheshire cat’s!)

"Shiva" wrote:
I remember talking to Frater Jon at the 1978 Wesak Festival, but he remembered absolutely nothing about that event. But he remembered 1979’s Wesak Festival in great detail, while I only held thin scraps of RAM.

Or could it have been 1978-79 as well as 69-70 (& 66-67)?!  Yes I have had lots of examples of this sort of phenomena as well.  On occasion it gets surreal & the variance seems such as to almost veer off into “Parallel Lives”!  (or even Sliding Doors, to paraphrase a Gwyneth Paltrow film on (tangentially) the same subject.)

"Shiva" wrote:
Courts of Law thrive on confrontation between persons of mutually-conflicted memory. It (memory) is all so essentially unstable that one might wonder how such a thing as a stable, integrated, contiguous persona can even hope to exist.

The annoying (!) thing is there is no final arbiter one can go to in order to get a ‘definitive’ lowdown: no “brave Apollo” in the words of David Bowie’s “Big Brother” (see Diamond Dogs for those unfamiliar):- in the realm of the relative, there is no king, cyclops or not.

“Someone to claim us, someone to follow/ someone to shame us, some great Apollo/ someone to fool us, someone like you…”
(We want you, Big Brother)
N. Joy

ReplyQuote
Azidonis
(@azidonis)

"jamie barter" wrote:
"Shiva" wrote:
... What I meant to imply was that once an act or a fact has been enacted, it cannot be changed; but then everything being subject to pralaya, it is not only available for changing, but also for annihilation – even if that means transmuting it into pure energy.

Yes, I quite agree.  In lines with the laws of the conservation of energy, it (memories) can “never” be destroyed, only transmuted.  The main point being, the event can in no circumstances ever be the same as the recollection, even for someone with supposedly perfect recall or triggered by, say, reading a "diary" of the events concerned, and may in fact end up being divergent or even wildly different.

As if memories are actual things that exist in reality...

We just constantly write information to the hard drive, and overwrite it, etc. The information itself does not actually exist. It just appears to exist to the reading/writing mechanism.

ReplyQuote
Shiva
(@shiva)
Not a Rajah
Topic starter  

Here’s another one in this video series:

Thelemic Flashdance Ceremony[/align:81emwhig]

on the Autumn Equinox 1986 in Thousand Oaks, California.
Posted on YouTube in two parts:

Part 1 – Opening, Banishing, Invocation.
http://youtu.be/1FWPjnyySaM

Part 2 – Evocations, Equilibration, Initiations.
http://youtu.be/P1cNW-X5ln4

This is the upsized, edited version that is of higher quality than previous versions.

ReplyQuote
jamie barter
(@jamie-barter)

Looks very nicely done, Shiva.  Aesthetic clothing and a couple of very comfy looking wooden chair/thrones, for someone – a promising start, though I have not yet had the lesire to view the actual video.  Would that be an ellipse rather than a circle which is drawn on the grounds though?

In the Pink and in the Blue,
N. Joy

ReplyQuote
Share: