'My Dear Aleister' ...

Notifications
Clear all

'My Dear Aleister' - A book written by Marlene Packwood  

RSS

alysa
(@alysa)
23/08/2009 3:59 am  

Went to the Lulu site again and found out there's a new book on Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot , it's a book of reference with relation to the Thoth Tarot as well as it is a book of letters written between Aleister Crowley and Frieda Harris during World War 2, it's by autor Marlene Packwood, as always I'm not advocating any specific author, and I've certainly not a personal interest in writing this issue. Just thought might be of interest to some Thelemites.

michaelclarke18
(@michaelclarke18)
23/08/2009 7:25 am  

Thanks, that looks pretty good. Resonable price too.

ReplyQuote
manofwycombe
(@manofwycombe)
23/08/2009 9:55 am  

I understand that Marlene had a problems in that some of the fonts she had used for the title page and preliminaries, were not recognised by the Lulu production system. This led to initial copies being produced with just 'dingbats' on the title page. Last thing I heard, she was working to get this problem resolved.

Clive

ReplyQuote
Durga23
(@durga23)
24/08/2009 4:48 am  

Can anyone let us know when the "dingbats" problem is solved. This looks like a good book. Lady FH's and AC's correspondence (from what I've seen) is fascinating. Love to have it in a book form.

ReplyQuote
michaelclarke18
(@michaelclarke18)
24/08/2009 6:59 pm  

too late, I have already ordered....

ReplyQuote
Durga23
(@durga23)
24/08/2009 7:25 pm  

Could you post this thread when you get it to let us know if the 'dingbats' have flown?

ReplyQuote
michaelclarke18
(@michaelclarke18)
24/08/2009 8:07 pm  

Yes, I will post and let everyone know; but if the dingbat issue hasn't been resolved, I will be sending the book straight back and getting a refund.

ReplyQuote
Durga23
(@durga23)
25/08/2009 3:28 am  

Naturlich - and thanks for the heads up!

ReplyQuote
michaelclarke18
(@michaelclarke18)
25/08/2009 9:10 pm  

oh god, it's already been shipped!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
25/08/2009 9:36 pm  

Maybe you will get lucky, and it will be lost in the post. Like my oven...

ReplyQuote
michaelclarke18
(@michaelclarke18)
26/08/2009 8:44 pm  

Today I received the book......and the dingbats problem has NOT been resolved so, my advice at this time would be....

DON'T BUY THIS BOOK!

I will be returning my copy and asking for a full refund. But to be honest, you think these people would have bothered to print out a 'test copy'? But obviously it didn't cross their little minds.......

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
26/08/2009 9:18 pm  

Lol. I will also be returning my oven and asking for a full refund. It was the wrong oven and delivered with a dint in the roof too. The one delivered was also 10 quid cheaper. Michael! This is a synchronicity we cannot ignore! lol.

We must conclude - that whatever the size of our asses - we do no wrong, but Amazon sellers are Amazon. :-))))

Love under Will,
Perserverence in Oven and Book diversity!

A.

ReplyQuote
Durga23
(@durga23)
27/08/2009 1:25 am  

Thanks for the warning Michael. It is appreciated.

And yes ... that is irritating.

I've used Lulu for my own work and I always print out a copy for myself to be sure it's all right before making it "public."

Perhaps there was something else going on here, but I hope they fix it and you either get your money back and/or a clean copy of an interesting book.

As far as an oven - Alrah, I'm still all over those Easy Bakes! It was a childhood friend of mine and now my daughter's - the only size problem is the watt of bulb.

93 y'all

ReplyQuote
manofwycombe
(@manofwycombe)
23/09/2009 5:59 pm  

Am happy to confirm that the dingbat problem has now been resolved and so if any Lashtalian was holding back on ordering, they can now proceed.

Clive

ReplyQuote
michaelclarke18
(@michaelclarke18)
23/09/2009 6:40 pm  

I returned the faulty copy, but it looked pretty interesting; I especially liked the description of the cards at the end.

ReplyQuote
Durga23
(@durga23)
24/09/2009 1:10 am  

Thanks all for the u[dat3s - I'}} 0rd3r ;t t0da/ 😉

ReplyQuote
Alan_OBrien
(@alan_obrien)
29/03/2010 10:31 am  
"michaelclarke18" wrote:
...But to be honest, you think these people would have bothered to print out a 'test copy'? But obviously it didn't cross their little minds.......

At Lulu I believe that is the job of the author. There's a lot of titles go through Lulu, and testing all of them would require quite a large staff.

ReplyQuote
alysa
(@alysa)
29/03/2010 1:34 pm  

I also have unfortunately the 'dhingbats' version, I kept the copy but maybe I buy another one, I'm not sure when, I'm sorry to have caused you a few problems, but I hope you'll enyoying the copy now, I also looked in it a few times, and it looked interesting to me, I certainly am wishing to read it, it wasn't my intent to cause you any problems, just wanted to make you notice of an interesting book!

ReplyQuote
Alan_OBrien
(@alan_obrien)
01/04/2010 6:39 am  

I have bought this book but I am not going to recommend it to anyone else. Packwood's English is extremely poor and she is unable even to quote without making major errors. Definitely best avoided, even without the dingbats problem (which I did not have).

ReplyQuote
michaelclarke18
(@michaelclarke18)
01/04/2010 7:59 pm  

I do like the descriptions of the cards in the back of the book, I think them excellent.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)
01/09/2012 10:40 pm  

I would have personally sent copies to anyone with 'dingbats' copies as this book is fine now and has been selling well on Lulu.com for 3 years - Marlene  PS I have a good command of English too!

ReplyQuote
Share: