Home Forums Thelema Thelema Aiwassianism

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

adorantofhorus
    Participant

Firstly, this thread is here to make you aware of this religion, nothing more, nothing less. If you believe these things, you are an Aiwassian!

https://www.facebook.com/Aiwassianism-1926064497683867/

Aiwassianism has existed in secret* since the writing of The Book Of The Law. We believe that God is infinite and ever-changing, God pervades and interpenetrates every part of the universe, that God is also beyond the physical, material universe. We recognize God’s form as “Nuit” and “Hadit”, the perfect union between the finite and the infinite – this is the nature of God; love. Ra-Hoor-Khuit, one of the many forms of God, is our visible object of worship. Ra-Hoor-Khuit contains within it all possibilities (is both male and female) and moralities, it is the reflection of Nuit and Hadit. Aiwass, is the voice of Ra-Hoor-Khuit. As followers of Aiwassianism, we are followers of the voice of God.

Firstly, it should be understood that Aiwassianism isn’t entirely separate from regular Thelema but it is distinct for a number of beliefs which are not agreed upon by all Thelemites, generally speaking.
    Aiwassianism is not a magical, mystical or esoteric system – it is the often misidentified religious portion of Thelemites.
    We accept The Book Of The Law (Liber AL Vel Legis) as a genuine message from God, which is contrary to regular Thelemic ambiguity. We do not accept Aleister Crowley as an authoritative source, including his Class A books. Aiwassianism rejects Crowley’s doctrine of “Will” altogether, seeing it as merely Crowley’s own interpretation. Followers of Aiwass dedicate themselves to Ra-Hoor-Khuit, Nuit, Hadit – the avatars of God, and the message of The Book Of The Law. Magical practice is not at the core of Aiwassian doctrine but we do not shun it.
    Bless you all!

(* As it is not taken up by Crowley, A.A. or the OTO – being major influences on Thelemic orthodoxy)

93rdthebes
    Participant

I appreciate you sharing this, thank you

dom
    Participant

God God God God God

What’s in a word anyway?

ot313
    Participant

Grotesque bastardizations by people scared of Crowley the man but who cannot deny the beauty of the Book of the Law.

Sonofthoth
    Participant

@ot313 From what I can see, it just doesn’t accept Crowley’s interpretations (including “Will”) and is non-mystical/magical (according to the facebook page)
    There may be people who are big fans of Crowley but remain Aiwassians?

ignant666
    Participant

adorantofhorus: We… […] We… […] We… […]

All three of you?

elitemachinery
    Participant

@adorantofhorus said:

Aiwassianism has existed in secret* since the writing of The Book Of The Law.

I guess that’s why I never heard of it? Not a secret any more. From what I understand it’s now a cult start-up. An offshoot of the facebook cult.

ot313
    Participant

They can’t be separated.

While Aiwass is the messenger of the new Aeon, Crowley also stated Aiwass was his HGA. Materially, Crowley was the messenger of the new Aeon, Metaphysically, Aiwass was the messenger of the new Aeon. If Aiwass was Crowley’s HGA, Aiwass was Crowley’s higher self and therefore they cannot be separated by idiots who want to dump Crowley’s bad parts but keep his good parts.

ot313
    Participant

If they must start their premise with a lie, there is your evidence of delusion.

Aiwassianism has existed in secret* since the writing of The Book Of The Law

Sure it did.

Tiger
    Participant

Probably an UNORTHODOX we/group which modeled or likened unto themselves as Aiwass and existed before it was available to be read .

ot313
    Participant

Maybe

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  ot313.

Tiger
    Participant

@ot313
    Thanks for the correction .

adorantofhorus
    Participant

@elitemachinery @ot313

The proposition of a literal, metaphysical following of The Book Of The Law, is not a new development of Thelema and is in no way an invention of my own. The term “Aiwassianism” however is new, yes. Is it; putting a name on, what I believe to be the truth of Aiwass. This is a religious belief, and I respect any disagreements with it.

adorantofhorus
    Participant

@ot313 We believe Aleister Crowley’s Holy Guardian Angel theory to be his own self-gratification and we reject the idea that such a thing as a HGA exists. We believe Aiwass used Aleister Crowley only as a scribe (who rebelled against Aiwass and by extension, God), nothing more.

elitemachinery
    Participant

@adorantofhorus said:

The proposition of a literal, metaphysical following of The Book Of The Law, is not a new development of Thelema and is in no way an invention of my own. The term “Aiwassianism” however is new, yes. Is it; putting a name on, what I believe to be the truth of Aiwass. This is a religious belief, and I respect any disagreements with it.

Do what thou wilt! But is there any evidence to back up your claims? Is there any evidence to prove this isn’t something you just made up a few months ago and created a facebook page over?

Even secret societies have paperwork, photographs, historical documents, etc.

What country did this secret religion begin in? Did it begin before or after Aleister printed the first edition of Liber Al? What year? Who founded it? Is he/she still alive? Who is “we”? Is it two people or a thousand people? Does everyone in this secret society/religion remain anonymous? Are they any plans for the future beyond the facebook page or the postings here? Do you have regular meetings or magick rituals?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.