Home Forums Thelema Thelema Aleister Crowley — Black Magician?

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Author

ignant666
    Participant

I think we digress a bit, but the best bosses by far that i had in my 44 year working life were hippies.

My first job as a teenager in the early ’70s in a hippie bookstore (the long-vanished Ziesing Bros. Book Emporium in Willimantic, Conn.), working for two longhair brothers, was the best after school job imaginable. I learned an awful lot, about books, the book business, and life in general. Later, in NYC, i worked as a bicycle messenger for the late lamented Elite Couriers, run by a black hippie and a white hippie, both now dead. They treated their crew as a family. In return, we worked our asses off.

In the restaurant business, i have less fond memories of working for hippies.

Having then gone on to manage people myself, i can say the secret of my success as an employer and manager was emulating my hippie bosses at Ziesing Bros. and Elite. What i learned is that if you treat your employees like shit, they will return the favor, but if you treat them like rock stars, they will perform like rock stars.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled bickering about “The Prophet” v. “The Demon AC”?

dom
    Participant

They treated their crew as a family. In return, we worked our asses off.

Well maybe ‘the crew’ were reasonable people anyway but put some snarling emo-bitch boys in the ranks and see how far excessive mercy gets you.

Having then gone on to manage people myself, i can say the secret of my success as an employer and manager was emulating my hippie bosses at Ziesing Bros. and Elite. What i learned is that if you treat your employees like shit, they will return the favor, but if you treat them like rock stars, they will perform like rock stars.

The right dosage of severity is required for everyone to ‘feel like rockstars’

My points are staying true to the OP, we’re discussing ‘the demon crowley’ and the nature of evil i.e. unbalance.

ignant666
    Participant

At many jobs, the needed pillar of severity is supplied by the work itself.

At Elite Couriers, for example, hundreds of daily bicycle and van courier jobs had to be done on time, regardless of weather, Manhattan traffic, or any other other possible contingency.

“[S]narling emo-bitch boys” did not get jobs there. There was a waiting list that took several years to work through, and before hiring anyone who had worked his/her way to the top of the list, the black hippie, who supervised hiring, would ask every single employee if they were cool with hiring “X“.

One single “No” was enough that they never joined the Elite family. Working there meant earning a minimum of $200 a day, and maybe $300 on a very lucky day, which for a job that didn’t care about criminal records or education was top of the line for NYC in the ’80s-’90s. We made sure no “scrubs” were allowed in.

NYC is a big city, but the messenger world is a small one- if someone is out there, they are visible, and known, because the work takes place on the streets, and everyone knows everyone else. Still true today, but fax machines and then the internet took all the money out of it.

dom
    Participant

At many jobs, the needed pillar of severity is supplied by the work itself.

….and by right the authority to implement it’s maintenance.

“[S]narling emo-bitch boys” did not get jobs there. There was a waiting list that took several years to work through, and before hiring anyone who had worked his/her way to the top of the list, the black hippie, who supervised hiring, would ask every single employee if they were cool with hiring “X“.

So they were not excessively merciful then, they ensured that no miscreants got through the door, that is the right level of severity.

wellreadwellbred
    Participant

OP: “The question I wish to ask fellow Lashtalians for your opinion and debate is: Is it in accordance with the Law of Thelema to actively wish to cause the death of another?”

My question is, is it in accordance with the Law of Thelema – or is it Black Magic – to actively wish to cause the destruction of another, and to actively wish to cause the destruction of the Order/organisation another is a member of?

“… the Cairo Revelation pertained exclusively to his [Crowley’s] awareness of a new occult methodology, Sex Magick (“Sex Magick based on stele imagery (Cole page 232).”), and not [not is underlined by Cole] Liber L. vel Legis, which isn’t even mentioned (Cole page 87).” […] “Precisely as is recorded in Crowley’s primary source notebooks, he left Cairo with only the occult ‘tool’ required to destroy Mathers. This is explicitly clear from two deleted comments, “the ritual is of sex” and “Revelation of ritual to consecrate talismans of XXII against G.’.D.’ (Cole page 114 and 115).” (Source: Richard T. Cole’s book Liber L. vel Bogus.)

From Aleister Crowley’s “history lection” (with the line numbers removed for readability) from Liber LXI vel Causae The Preliminary Lection, including the History Lection:

”In 1900 one P., a brother, [Crowley, “Perdurabo”] instituted a rigorous test of S.R.M.D. [Mathers] on the one side and the Order on the other. He discovered that S.R.M.D., though a scholar of some ability and a magician of remarkable powers, had never attained complete initiation: and further had fallen from his original place, he having imprudently attracted to himself forces of evil too great and terrible for him to withstand. The claim of the Order that the true adepts were in charge of it was definitely disproved. In the Order, with two certain exceptions and two doubtful ones, he found no persons prepared for initiation of any sort. He thereupon by his subtle wisdom destroyed both the Order and its chief.”

dom
    Participant

My question is, is it in accordance with the Law of Thelema – or is it Black Magic – to actively wish to cause the destruction of another, and to actively wish to cause the destruction of the Order/organisation another is a member of?

I was reading chapter 3 today and I found this it may be relevant;

3:26-33

These slay, naming your enemies; & they shall fall before you.
    Also these shall breed lust & power of lust in you at the eating thereof.
    Also ye shall be strong in war.
    Moreover, be they long kept, it is better; for they swell with my force. All before me.
    My altar is of open brass work: burn thereon in silver or gold!
    There cometh a rich man from the West who shall pour his gold upon thee.
    From gold forge steel!
    Be ready to fly or to smite!

3:46 I am the warrior Lord of the Forties: the Eighties cower before me, & are abased. I will bring you to victory & joy: I will be at your arms in battle & ye shall delight to slay. Success is your proof; courage is your armour; go on, go on, in my strength; & ye shall turn not back for any!

We’ve established that AC may’ve fallen by the wayside and reduced himself to using black magic but maybe he rationalized it by talking solace from such excerpts from AL e.g. like the above.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  dom.

Shiva
    Participant

“… and ye shall delight to slay.” – AL

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@wellreadwellbred :

The implication from the extract quoted from the history lection, is that it was (in accordance), so far as the Orer/organisation at least was concerned. The implication appears to have been that the Golden Dawn, its innermost Order having had therefore no authentic link with the ‘Secret Chiefs’, was deadwood and needed to be swept away to make way for the New Aeon (or the A.’. A.’. as it turned out).

N Joy

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.