Home Forums Thelemic Culture and Crowley in the Media Events Aleister Crowley’s Final Years

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Falcon
    Participant

Lecture in Central London by author Antony Clayton

“As he declined into old age, the infamous mage Aleister Crowley (1875-1947) moved from London into a Hastings retirement home for bohemian types, an eccentric and vibrant guest house called ‘Netherwood.’ From his room, He continued the Great Work of promulgating the magico-philosophy of Thelema, with a young Kenneth Grant as his secretary. Letters were dictated, missives sent, guests received, and charters for lodges issued. Antony Clayton is a researcher and author of Netherwood: the Last Resort of Aleister Crowley. His talk tonight gives insights on the social milieu and final magical labours of the magician the world knew as ‘The Great Beast.’

Drinks party follows the lecture.

Thursday 24 January 2019 e.v.

Venue: Treadwell’s Bookshop, 33 Store Street, London WC1E 7BS

Time: 7.30pm-9.00pm

Tickets: £9

Aleister Crowley’s Final Years

Unable to attend due to family commitments… shame, really…

I hadn’t realised this book existed. I just bought it online. Makes up for the lecture.

christibrany
    Participant

Its a really great book and really puts you there in mind and spirit. You will like it!

Just received it, wrapped in silk paper, with a lovely card wishing me to enjoy the book and generally conveying their best wishes for 2019. That’s the way to do it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.