Home Forums Aleister Crowley Biography Amalantrah: Ahankam

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Elsie Gray Parker
    Participant

Amalantrah Working, entry for April 21:

“T. We think that either Achitha or T. or Ahankam is ………….
    …….. the operation.
    Is that so?
    A. [53 THE KIEN HEXAGRAM]

(Air of Earth. Fortunate. Gradual advance, goose.)
    T.: Is the selfishness either of Achitha or T.?
    A.: of Pantacles. (probably means Yes.)
    Arcteon: Is the fault with Z (Achitha) ? Is the fault with X (Therion) ?”

I read “Ahankam” as Ahaṃkāra (अहंकार) the identifying ego in Vedanta.

Opinions?

the_real_simon_iff
    Participant

93!

My first reaction is why? Why read Ahamkara when Ahankam is written? Of course it would help what the …….. means. Fucking up? Sabotaging? Helping? In any way, while the “identifying ego” is a good wild card for whatever ……….. means, it somehow makes no sense (to me) to seperate it from Achitha or Therion. But I am not too well versed in the Amalantrah working. Though I have to check, I guess I have at least one of the documents you are looking for. Send me a PM with an email adress maybe?

Love=Law
    Lutz

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

Opinions?

(Air of Earth. Fortunate. Gradual advance, goose.)
    Goose-steps would advance gradually.

Arcteon: Is the fault with Z (Achitha) ? Is the fault with X (Therion) ?”
    Maybe the fault lay with more than one person?

I read “Ahankam” as Ahaṃkāra (अहंकार) the identifying ego in Vedanta.
    So did I just now!

I was wondering, is there any reason not to incorporate all the multifarious Amalantrah enquiries into one single thread?

Norma N Joy Conquest

the_real_simon_iff
    Participant

Alamantrah seems to incorporate a lot of Kabbalah and Chinese symbolism, but not too much Vedanta. At first glance, I have to say, I am just looking on it for years the first time again…

Michael Staley
    Participant

I was wondering, is there any reason not to incorporate all the multifarious Amalantrah enquiries into one single thread?

In my opinion, Jamie, yes there is a reason. These are different queries being raised by Elsie, each with its own title bar. The query / title bar might catch the eye of someone who then realises that they have some pertinent information to impart. If there was just one thread and hence one title bar, there would not be this effect. Thus I think that having multiple threads is the correct approach, whereas on the other other hand having just the one thread would be disadvantageous.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

You make a valid point there Mick.  However what I was getting at was that since so many of the threads hadn’t generated any response or appeared likely to, I felt it might have been better, in  the sense of more efficient, to incorporate them all together in one place and under one single general topic/ thread/ title bar entitled something like “Amalantrah queries”, rather than have them spread over more than a half a dozen smaller ones which ultimately consisted of the basic OP and nothing else further.  Their juxtaposition might also have the effect of jogging a thought or idea in synergistic association with one another which might not have arisen had they all been separate.  Also there is the “thread fatigue” aspect to consider of diminishing returns, where over the course of time some might become increasingly jaded seeing more and more of the same pop up, rather than as a continuation of a more general analysis under the unified line of enquiry. So, in the end something to be said for both lines of approach, then.  (Fortunately the question of how much bandwidth several threads takes up doesn’t seem to be a consideration, although that isn’t a subject I really know much about & I’m just assuming that it wouldn’t make that much difference.) 

N Joy

Michael Staley
    Participant

My first reaction is why? Why read Ahamkara when Ahankam is written? Of course it would help what the …….. means. Fucking up? Sabotaging? Helping? In any way, while the “identifying ego” is a good wild card for whatever ……….. means, it somehow makes no sense (to me) to seperate it from Achitha or Therion. But I am not too well versed in the Amalantrah working.

I’ve been thinking about this for a few days, on and off. Like you, Lutz, on balance I doubt that ahamkara is intended. The question seems to be seeking the identity of someone obstrucing the workings. Jones (Arcteon) was the third person involved in the sessions at the time. I wonder if “Arcteon” was written, Crowley’s handwriting was misinterpreted thus by the typist, and not corrected by Crowley?

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

I wonder if “Arcteon” was written, Crowley’s handwriting was misinterpreted thus by the typist, and not corrected by Crowley?

When this volume eventually appears (or if, before 2039), it seems as if it would be useful (as some publications do) to have the original page of the holograph manuscript set opposite a transcription with annotations on the opposite side, so that the reader can attempt to judge matters and clear up any areas of uncertainty for themselves.

I’ve been thinking about this for a few days, on and off.

Are you a time traveller then, Michael, since the original post at 6.33am on the 9th only appeared just under 31 hours before your own at 1.41pm on the 10th!

“No Shit Sherlock”
    pp N Joy

Michael Staley
    Participant

When this volume eventually appears (or if, before 2039), it seems as if it would be useful (as some publications do) to have the original page of the holograph manuscript set opposite a transcription with annotations on the opposite side, so that the reader can attempt to judge matters and clear up any areas of uncertainty for themselves.

A nice idea, Jamie, but the holograph material has yet to materialise to my knowledge; all we have are a number of typescripts.

Are you a time traveller then, Michael, since the original post at 6.33am on the 9th only appeared just under 31 hours before your own at 1.41pm on the 10th!

No. I was made aware of the query before it was posted to this website.

Elsie Gray Parker
    Participant

“Is there anyone else to approach?”
    A.: Some woman. (alone Alma , mind thought.) She was stout. large breasts. 40/ married: no children: dark chestnut hair: pretty skin: fairly good looking: possibly a singer or musician:; smiling rich: moderately well–educated American: her name was Elsie Gray Parker. ((Could this be a shot at E.G.P. for Aegipan? –A.C.))

Wizard says Woodstock adds to 84.
    “How should T. act to find Elsie G. P.?”
    No answer. Wizard now looks like an enormous god, Sphinx head, stalwart, bearded–Assyrian god type. Abdometh is his god name. ( 463, the Middle Pillar and Almond Rod. Equals Servant of the Dragon or of Mithras (?) or of the Tables, i.e. of Thoth.)

He is sceptered with a kind of battle axe and a knob–kerry in the other hand. He stood against a great dark mountain behind which the sun was rising. The light and effect was one of the most beautiful pictures I ever saw.

“Where is Elsie G. P.?”
    Ans.: “In an hotel or private house on 5th Ave. or near.” 666 knew some friend of hers.

“Is she a friend of A. G.?”
    Ans.: “Yes.”

Elsie Gray Parker
    Participant

“Why am I reluctant about Bert Reese and the search for E. G. P.? Am I very wrong in not pushing this?”
    I see a purple bier with silver casket on it, 4 steps into a large hall. This is connected with E.G.P. The bier is oval – filigree – and very long. There is also a tree covered with ice. There is a filigree bird’s nest with wings – a poor boy on a stairway running away. He has a pale white head – nondescript. There is a dead bay horse.

A low ceilinged room in vista and a table set with food over which there is a Japanese umbrella. A beautiful woman is eating at the table. A. says that T. will meet E.G.P. unawares. He need not seek her.
    “Is her name E.G.P.?”
    “No.”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.