Home Forums Thelema Thelema An introduction and a question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Steven Mancuzzi
    Participant

Been lurking here periodically for a while now and realized I’ve never introduced myself.

I’ma 42 year old freelance writer (no, not on occultism FOR THE LOVE OF GOD) living just outside of Boston. I’ve studied Crowley for the better part of twenty odd years, which has led me through wildly divergent paths; but much like a black hole or the music of Hall and Oates, something keeps drawing me back.

A friend reminded me recently about a weekend trip we took to his family cabin on Newfound Lake in New Hampshire about twenty years ago or so; one which I recall vividly because there was a… not quite spontaneous sort of samadhi experience, but an unexpected experience that upon reflection seemed similar to AC’s definition of it in Book IV.

So my question; does anyone know the EXACT date of the “Star Sponge Vision?”

ignant666
    Participant

Sutin’s Do What Thou Wilt: A Life of Aleister Crowley says it was August 23, 1916 e.v. (see p. 258).

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  ignant666.

Michael Staley
    Participant

Welcome to LAShTAL, Steven.

ignant666
    Participant

Oh, golly, where are my manners? Welcome, Steven!

Steven Mancuzzi
    Participant

Thanks ignant, Michael.

The Sutin book is currently in storage, sadly. Interestingly enough, just realized the date also was noted in “The Urn” record from 1916; but Crowley’s language seems almost unusually dispassionate in his description (especially in comparison to his other Ethyl-inspired proclamations.)

Funny thing about interpretation. Always retroactive, I suppose.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.