Home Forums Aleister Crowley Biography Anybody read Churton’s Crowley in America?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

cw
    Participant

Anybody read Churton’s Crowley in America? I have not. I’m curious to hear any views.

cw

lashtal
    Keymaster

It’s not available until next month through Amazon in the UK. My order’s in and I’ll report back, though I’m curious to know what those who received review copies made of it…

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  lashtal.

Horemakhet
    Participant

I’ve got it but haven’t read it yet. Figure that I’ll do a review for this & ‘Beast in Berlin’ together.

the_real_simon_iff
    Participant

Ha, mine has been sent and will arrive tomorrow or Friday. What’s up with Amazon UK?

Elsie Gray Parker
    Participant

lashtal
    Keymaster

Amazon UK reporting that it has dispatched pre-ordered copies today for arrival tomorrow.

http://amzn.to/2midOae

Mazus
    Participant

Interesting. I did my fishing around for this book and eventually ordered from the Book Depository saving about $10US with their “free” shipping (nothing’s free I know), but I’ve had my copy for about a week. And that’s in Australia! I found the Amazon pre-order much more expensive. Just sayin’.

elitemachinery
    Participant

@mazus

I did my fishing around for this book and eventually ordered from the Book Depository saving about $10US with their “free” shipping

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like a good site and definitely better priced. I will order from Book Depository.

the_real_simon_iff
    Participant

93!

Having it for two weeks now I am just one third into the 700+ pages tome, very little time to read these days. So far it is an amazing read, invoking the early 20th century America quite vividly (just like Churton did with AC in Berlin). A mass of unknown (to me) source material. It might be good to have Secret Agent 666 by hand. If the book keeps up this quality, it will no doubt be essential reading for anyone interested in AC biographies.

Recommended.

Love=Law
    Lutz

P.S. I don’t like the cover design and the layout. But hey…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.