Home Forums Thelemic Culture and Crowley in the Media Crowley Clippings Article on Bowie RE occultism

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

christibrany
    Participant

This is a fairly good essay by Peter Koenig.

I really like his Fraternitas Saturni research; I have just received In Nomine Demiurgi Homunculi he wrote back in 2010 about them and looking forward to struggling through it with my German. That said, I think he gets AC and especially Thelema all wrong, especially when he defines Magick as nothing more than ‘sexmagick’ which is of course patently false. His understanding of Thelema reads as coming from someone who never practised very rigorous A.:.A.:. work.

I like hearing Bowie’s mentions of the occult and AC in the article and learning more about his worldview, and if he ever really ‘had one’ as he admitted to just nicking bits from everywhere. To the point where it was even him questioning who he really was, and what made up his ego at all? Very good self analysis and inner work.

http://www.parareligion.ch/bowie.htm

PS I also thought it laughable that Koenig said Thelema has no elements of psychological work at all.

dom
    Participant

Bowie a Colin Wilson fan it says.

Tiger
    Participant

his worldview, and if he ever really ‘had one’ as he admitted to just nicking bits from everywhere. To the point where it was even him questioning who he really was, and what made up his ego at all? Very good self analysis and inner work.

ghosts dreaming that they are alive, sometimes realize; and enliven experience

will have to read the article
    thanks
    christibrany

and an aside for promoters, artists musicians creative energy currents

I give respects to artists i had most of David Bowie’s material before tin man .

ego configurations assembling the moment and turning on a preferential mode of operation

Mick Jagger does a better job animating sinews .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.