Home Forums Community Sandbox Avatar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Falcon
    Participant

Am a bit of an old dinosaur (49) when it comes to computers so how do I upload an avatar picture to my profile?

ignant666
    Participant

Once, years ago, member profiles included some information, such as location, a brief bio, website address, etc, and offered the option to upload a pic/avatar. I uploaded one.

Gradually, all those functions vanished (the “Edit Your Bio” link on your profile (that does nothing) is a vestige of this lost functionality), and then avatars all vanished. The pic i uploaded vanished.

Then, someone posted a workaround involving uploading the image to some other site. Lots of folks had avatars again.

Then, about a month or two ago, the pic i uploaded, the one that vanished, re-appeared.

A not even slightly useful answer, i’m afraid. Probably someone who did the workaround method will tell you what to do.

lashtal
    Keymaster

You’ll see your user name at the very top right of the screen, between ’93!’ and a magnifying glass. Hover over the user name and click on ‘Edit my profile’. Scroll down to the ‘Profile Picture’ section and you’ll see an option to use Gravatar. Then you’re on your own, I’m afraid! 🙂

ignant666
    Participant

When i do as you suggest, there is no “Edit my profile” option to click on.

The options are “Notifications”, “Forums”, and “Settings”. “Settings” has two tabs, “General” and “Delete Account”.

“General” settings offers a link to “Edit Your Bio” (by clicking on the pic i uploaded a couple years ago), which, if clicked on, takes one to the front page of the site, but does not allow any editing of anything.

Falcon
    Participant

@ignant666 Yes those are the issues I had as well.

elitemachinery
    Participant

as far as I know u cannot edit your picture or profile within lashtal system.

go to gravatar.com (owned by WORDPRESS) and create an account using the same email address that you used to sign up to lashtal. log into gravatar and then upload a picture.

as an example here is my profile which links my photo to lashtal:

https://en.gravatar.com/evipr

Falcon
    Participant

@elitemachinery Thanks. I’ve now signed up to gravatar.com and uploaded an image which is now in the photo gallery. What do I do next to get the image on my lashtal profile?

Note: I initially saw a message from gravatar that said ‘oops error we are looking into it’ but after another attempt I managed to upload an image from my PC to the photo gallery of my gravatar account.

Edit: I read a message that said gravatar would consider my image before approval.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Falcon.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Falcon.

elitemachinery
    Participant

@falcon wrote:

Thanks. I’ve now signed up to gravatar.com and uploaded an image which is now in the photo gallery. What do I do next to get the image on my lashtal profile?

I believe you must add a profile pic (not gallery pic) to your gravatar account and then that profile pic will become you profile pic at lashtal.

on the gravatar website look on the top left side and click “My Gravatars” and there you can assign a gravatar for your email address.

Falcon
    Participant

@elitemachinery Thanks again…Success!

93!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.