Home Forums Thelema Magick Beginning my work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dantalion83
    Participant

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law,

I decided to finally begin my magickal workings. Someone told me the best way would be to begin by performing Liber Resh everyday. I have been doing it since last Friday. Before every salutation to the sun (RA) I perform the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram (although I forgot the sign of silence many times after drawing the pentagram and invoking the names).

Any advices? What should I do if I do anything wrong? Any other work I could do to not just do the same?

Love Is The Law, Love Under Will.

Shiva
    Participant

dant Someone told me

If you have “begin my magickal workings,” then essentially you have stepped into the Probationer grade (in the natural process, not within a lineage of people who will tell you what to do).

The Official Party Line runs something like this: “A Probationer begins such practices as he may prefer (and keeps a record for a year). It is contrary to the concept of Probation for anyone to set tasks or tell you where to begin, or what to do. The idea is to see how well the candidate is able to figure things out for him/herself.”

On the other hand, Star System has implied that Probationers should “get their feet wet” in seven (7) areas: Banishing, Invocation, Posture, Breath, Astral Projection, Divination, Concentration (dharana). However, nobody is ever told where to start.

Generally speaking, a person aspiring to Magician status will learn up front that all ceremonies begin with some form of Banishing.

Speaking in general, it should be noted that LAShTAL is not a teaching site nor an occult site. If “someone told you,” and then you come here to get that “telling” denied or reinforced, it seems like you’re not “beginning such practices as you may prefer.” You are looking for someone to tell you what to do.

Speaking from the realm of common sense, why don’t you just decide which practice you prefere (the one that seems the coolest) and start doing it?

dom
    Participant

It’s an interesting question. How does one know if one is doing Resh or LRBP in the correct manner or not? if I’m learning to speak Russian or work on algebra I’m going to know my guidelines if I have an adequate teacher.

elitemachinery
    Participant

I personally have found that having a teacher or mentor of sorts works well in most everything in life as long as you don’t simply parrot but find your own path along the way.

I would recommend Jason Louv at https://www.magick.me he has specific courses on Magick and his training is very practical and modern day and he will also answer any questions you may have.

Like Shiva he is a westerner.

christibrany
    Participant

My own 69 pence are that you don’t need to banish before RESH. It’s devotional. You can do it anywhere. And I do, and it’s great. You don’t need to get rid of bogies if you just want to adore the sun and LVX.
    Just my two cents on banishing pre RESH persay.

dantalion83
    Participant

My sincere appologies for not thanking all. I lost 2 very special family members this week and have been quite down. Thank you all for your answers and attention.

What other work you advice for me to do after the lesser ritual of the pentagram and Resh?

93 93/93

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.