Home Forums Thelemic Culture and Crowley in the Media Crowley Clippings Bruce Dickinson autobiography

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

dom
    Participant

I like Maiden…. in small doses.

In terms of clarification of evidence about celebrities and musicians and AC this is the sort of direct acknowledgement i’m talking about;

Thanks Steven Tyler!

“If early Aerosmith songs like ‘Mama Kin’ make you all tingly (as they should), it may be thanks to the Great Beast himself, Mr. Aleister Crowley.

‘I’ve practiced Crowley Magick so I know it works,’ Tyler writes of channeling the power of the mutual orgasm to achieve wider goals.

‘I’m not saying that every girl I slept with came at the same time or that I asked her to pray for the same thing I was praying for; namely that Aerosmith would become the greatest American band.’”

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  dom.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  dom.

the_real_simon_iff
    Participant

“Case closed……… unless someone’s got any some Dickinson lyrics not as crass that do demonstrate a genuine interest in the A’A’ and/or Thelema.”

Read the book. I haven’t. But how can you close a case on the Thelemic interests of Bruce Dickinson on lyrics written by Steve Harris? Is it impossible to demonstrate a genuine interest in the A’A’ and/or Thelema without writing/interpreting lyrics un-crass enough to suit your standards? How on earth can anyone demonstrate a “genuine” interest at all in heavy metal lyrics? Methinks you are still very much into “right” and “wrong”, which is not very Thelemic in itself, but interest as such has nothing to do with that. So if you really think that it is an important question if Bruce Dickinson is “doing his True Will”, why on earth would you look into some lyrics he did not write?

Read the book, if you like, I haven’t by now, I might do it sometime, or don’t. But don’t close cases as fast as you usually do…

Just remember this is “Crowley Clippings” not “True Will Proofs in the Media”…

Cheers

Love=Law
    Lutz

the_real_simon_iff
    Participant

P.S. I might have written this just to see if the Avatar thing works….

the_real_simon_iff
    Participant

P.S. It works…

christibrany
    Participant

I much prefer Judas Priest in that era/genre

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.