Compassion?

Home Forums Thelema Thelema Compassion?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

eisenberg
    Participant

Hi I’d like to post an idea about the ‘compassion’ Surah of Liber Al:

I’m not going to ask whether kings should allow themselves to have compassion or not as this has been done to death by others.

My idea was that maybe kings (and kings in progress) are the ONLY beings ABLE to have compassion, i.e. complete empathy without getting an ‘ego erection’ and strokung it.

Pardon my grammatär as I’m not a native speaker.

But I’d like to lnow the opinion of the enlightened persons on this forum as they have posted so many interesting views and information on my last question.

Thank you in advance for your answers to my idea!

ignant666
    Participant

It seems to me that there has seldom been as big a fan of all “vices” as our man AC.

Since it is clear that the author of AL has much in common with AC, one should perhaps consider that indulging in “vice” may be a desirable thing to that author.

Tiger
    Participant

“In true love the ego surrenders itself-at least for a time-and joy of union prevails over the pride of conquest”

Marcelo Motta EquinoxV no 4 pg 250

eisenberg
    Participant

I rather meant my question meaning that only higher souls possess and are able to express courage and compassion without attachment to ego.

Obviously comassion is unnecessary because we are all free souls: https://www.quora.com/As-per-mythology-why-does-Sun-hate-Saturn

In this sense compassion is like winter boots in a hot country. Not needed.

My question was: do you see this as an idea to agree with?

Tiger
    Participant

AL Chapter I 21.
    Compassion is the vice of kings.” This is not to be interpreted as meaning that kings should have no compassion. It is a straight assertion of fact: only kings have compassion! Petty souls delight in the sufferings of others. The mob shouts with glee at the sight of blood. Nor is compassion to be confused with pity. Pity is of the Ego, and involves a comparison between yourself and the object of pity —which is duality. Compassion, as the etymology indicates, involves a ‘sharing with’. The equivalent Greek word is empathy. Compassion is never maudlin. On the contrary, those who experience it often feel furious with others who only show “pity”.
    Equinox Vol. V no. Marcelo Motta 1 pg 108, 109

Our humanitarianism, which is the syphilis of the mind, acts on the basis of the lie that the King must die. The King is beyond death; it is merely a pool where he dips for refreshment. Crowley was too modest to understand that though all men are stars, not all men are kings, and not all kings are Kings.
    Equinox Vol. V no. 1 A.C., Marcelo Motta pg 111

AL Chapter II 47. Where I am these are not.
    Hadit is everywhere (See verse 3); fear, sorrow, and failure are only ‘shadows’. It is for this reason that compassion is absurd.
    Equinox Vol. V no. 1 A.C. pg 144

AL Chapter III 43.
    Many of your ordeals shall be of pity and compassion. You must remember that pity is vanity and compassion is confusion, or you will run the risk of wasting your dedication on the most worthless people.
    Equinox Vol. V no. 1 Marcelo Motta pg 223

Tiger
    Participant

better formating

AL Chapter I 21.
    Compassion is the vice of kings.” This is not to be interpreted as meaning that kings should have no compassion. It is a straight assertion of fact: only kings have compassion! Petty souls delight in the sufferings of others. The mob shouts with glee at the sight of blood. Nor is compassion to be confused with pity. Pity is of the Ego, and involves a comparison between yourself and the object of pity —which is duality. Compassion, as the etymology indicates, involves a ‘sharing with’. The equivalent Greek word is empathy. Compassion is never maudlin. On the contrary, those who experience it often feel furious with others who only show “pity”.
    Equinox Vol. V no. Marcelo Motta 1 pg 108, 109

“Our humanitarianism, which is the syphilis of the mind, acts on the basis of the lie that the King must die. The King is beyond death; it is merely a pool where he dips for refreshment. Crowley was too modest to understand that though all men are stars, not all men are kings, and not all kings are Kings.
    Equinox Vol. V no. 1 A.C., Marcelo Motta pg 111

” AL Chapter II 47. Where I am these are not.
    Hadit is everywhere (See verse 3); fear, sorrow, and failure are only ‘shadows’. It is for this reason that compassion is absurd. ”
    Equinox Vol. V no. 1 A.C. pg 144

“AL Chapter III 43.
    Many of your ordeals shall be of pity and compassion. You must remember that pity is vanity and compassion is confusion, or you will run the risk of wasting your dedication on the most worthless people.
    Equinox Vol. V no. 1 Marcelo Motta pg 223

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.