Home Forums Thelemic Culture and Crowley in the Media Crowley Clippings Contoversial political figure on Thelema and Crowley.

• This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  dom 1 month ago.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

dom
    Participant

30 minutes in, controversial political figure Augustus Invictus discusses Crowley and Thelema in this interview.

ignant666
    Participant

He is not a “controversial political figure”, he is a Nazi. He is scum.

Why would you post this with such an anodyne description? Do you approve of his vile views?

christibrany
    Participant

Mr Dom

Can you save us all the time we don’t have of watching an hour long video, and tell us at what timestamp he mentions Crowley?

Thank you so much,

Chris

dom
    Participant

30 minutes in

dom
    Participant

@ignant

well as a matter of fact I didn’t want to put his name in the title of the post because it would be in the forum history and would perpetuate “the meme” as you kids call it.

His name would be in the Recent Forum Topics section and I wanted people to come to this under the radar as it were so as not to stir too much controversy. If Paul wants to delete it then so be it.

Fact is he appears to be a big fan of Crowley doesn’t he?.

ignant666
    Participant

He is a self-syled Thelemite, but more importantly, he is a a Nazi scumbag, who was a featured speaker at the Nazi rally in Charlottesville this weekend, where another Nazi scumbag killed people with his car.

To post this today is at best insensitive. Do you support his vile Nazi views? Hitler put Germer in a concentration camp.

dom
    Participant

My views are that humans are earthlings first and skin-colour/race, creed second. I see any racism/fascism anywhere as a form of neuroses and worse. If you know your Freud-Wilhelm Reich I side with their views on fascism/Nazism/racism/nationalistic flag waving.

Neuroses etc. No, not good.

I’d like to see what happens to this guy if he had orgone therapy, maybe if he sat in an orgone box every day.

My heart goes out to the family of the victim, perhaps it was a bit insensitive of me at this time yes… . The idiot who drove the car into the crowd was a total head case and should be locked up.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  dom.

dom
    Participant

Apologies to Paul for doing another consecutive post here but I just found another youtube video interview of his where he declares that he is a Thelemite and he discusses his Enochian trance work where angels told him to go into the wilderness. 4 minutes in. Interesting, mystical personal testimony dictates his behaviour. That’s not being rational imo hence my scepticism about spiritual entities etc. He has talked about prophetic visions also in the first video I posted. Again, scepticism and rationality would take all that away from this guy.

If you put the following into the youtube search engine you will find it the second video I mention;

Augustus Sol Invictus – Libertarian Realism: Folk, Culture & Borders – Radio 3Fourteen

I also saw him say on another video that he thanks “God” that he is a southerner. To me, no evidence for “God” and I would never use such speech. How many Nazis use recourse to mystical thinking I wonder?

Michael Staley
    Participant

That’s not being rational imo hence my scepticism about spiritual entities etc. He has talked about prophetic visions also in the first video I posted. Again, scepticism and rationality would take all that away from this guy.

So Dom, that’s your objection to mysticism, magic, and the occult is it – that they are not rational?

dom
    Participant

See Thelemic Practice thread. Does the practice of occult rituals aid us in discovering our true will? Not belief in metaphysics but the actual practical work?

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

See Thelemic Practice thread. 

It’s all very well saying “see this thread”, but that is one of the longest ever run on Lashtal and comes out at a gargantuan 56 pages and 828 posts.  Not something to just drop into at random in the hope of finding anything specific, and I would conservatively reckon it would take at least about a solid day to read through without any breaks for tea, etc., by which time one would become extremely fatigued as well with concentration fading. Unless you’re actually intending people to undertake this herculean task of reading through the whole thing, some sort of a Reply or else page reference would greatly help there.

At the moment it’s on the third page of the Thelema board, by the way.

Norma N Joy Conquest

Michael Staley
    Participant

See Thelemic Practice thread

Thank you, but I’m not interested in trawling through a lengthy thread from many years ago. I asked you a simple question. It has nothing to do with whether or not you consider that occult practices might aid in discovering true will, but whether or not you think that rationality is the alpha and omega.

Tiger
    Participant

Dom you sound like invictus answering questions with questions.

dom
    Participant

To Tiger and Michael Staley

I actually said he declares that he is a Thelemite and he discusses his Enochian trance work where angels told him to go into the wilderness. 4 minutes in. Interesting, mystical personal testimony dictates his behaviour. That’s not being rational imo hence my scepticism about spiritual entities etc. He has talked about prophetic visions also in the first video I posted. Again, scepticism and rationality would take all that away from this guy.

Then you talked about “mysticism, magic, and the occult” but you never defined that. I never called you out on that as I thought I’d just clarify the issue for you ie look at Los’s OP in the Thelemic Practice thread. You didn’t bother doing that and now I’m somehow avoiding questions.

The problem is you didn’t define mysticism, magic, and the occult…. so what are we talking about exactly? This is why I referred you to the Thelemic Practice thread. What do you want to do ,recreate the Thelemic Practice thread here? That was a long thread.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.