Home Forums Aleister Crowley People Crowley copycatted by Hubbard, The Book of Revelations had it wrong

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wellreadwellbred
    Participant

Crowley copycatted by Hubbard, The Book of Revelations had it wrong, the Anti-Christ is the good guy.

19 minutes and 14 seconds, to 25 minutes and 10 second within the following youtube-vidio, reveals how Aleister Crowley was copycatted by Hubbard, who in a document about the highest grade of initiation in The Church of Scientology, states that The Book of Revelations had it wrong, and that the Anti-Christ is the good guy. Here is also mentioned L. Ron Hubbard’s “… occult experiences with Crowley’s work and the OTO …”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9LpvmzSrJc

dom
    Participant

Ah yes, L. Ron Hubbard that upstanding bastion of western civilization, a towering intellect, highly creative, intensely prolific and multi-talented innovator…… oops sorry, talking about someone entirely different there.

Hubbard has about as much relevance to Thelema as Kenneth Anger’s cousin’s best friend’s postman.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  dom.

belmurru
    Participant

There was a thread or a question on a thread raised by Jamie Barter, IIRC, about something that AC mentioned that seemed to refer to a primitive use of what would later become known as the polygraph, and, in another context, the E-meter, and its utility relative to discovery of the True Will. I don’t know if Hubbard needed Crowley to know about such things, but AC’s knowledge predates LRon’s.

dom
    Participant

I heard that the E-meters were just second hand police lie-detectors.

Shiva
    Participant

An E-Meter is nothing more than an ohmmeter – it measures electrical RESISTANCE. The RESISTANCE measured is GSR (Galvantic Skin Response). When a person becomes stressed (as when telling a lie or responding to a repressed complex/demon), the GSR changes and the meter measures that change.

dom
    Participant

(as when telling a lie or responding to a repressed complex/demon)

All demons are just repressed complexes? The 72 demons of the Goetia are all just our own repressed complexes?

Shiva
    Participant

D: All demons are just repressed complexes? The 72 demons of the Goetia are all just our own repressed complexes?

This (^) is not what I wrote. You have rearranged my words to make it appear that I have written your interpretation.

The question is: Can you hold those two tin cans in your hands and run through the long list of “triggers” without having the needle make a swing?

Let’s discount purposeful lies and leave them to the police department.

In terms of your demon/complex question: Wizeman sez: Get Real! There is nothing that is not a part of me (you).

Get it? It – ALL of the universal omniverse, including Goetic demons, personal repressions, goats, gods, and gremlins [Angels too] – are just a part of our cosmic inheritance. Oh, they may be archetypes, and they may be common to all of us, but in THE END one has to take personal responsibility for everything they perceive, including mental images formed while reading the Goetia, or heavy vapours seen while performing its rites..

I will interpret all phenomena as a particular dealing ofGod with my Soul.

“Interpret” means (in this case and by my definition, which has not been approved by the Food & Drug Admnistration), to take responsibility for any unusual happening” (the definition of phenomenon).

It’s simple! One encounters something unusual. Rather than blame somebody else, or scientifically explaim why it is happening, one simply accepts responsibility for it. One need not necessarily DO anything about it … just load it on my wagon of Karma (it’s like a credit card).

BUT (but! ), however and not withstanding, all this “interpret,” “God,”, “Soul, Phenomena” routine, it must be admitted, is a mental exercise wherein one attempts to reflect what is actually happening when one is in samadhi (and thus – temporarily or permanently, an 8*=3[]). At Binah, also known as the Buddhic Plane, there is no mind and thus no interpretation can take place. It just IS. What happens out there, happens in here.

Crowley told us that it is MORE CONVENIENT to assume that a particular angel or demon is a separate entity, rather than an internal archetypal symbol, normally closely held in invisible silence deep in the collective unconscious. (Book 4 – somwhere – Part 3, I think).

See also: 6th & 7th neurocircuits. Same deal.

One (anyone) can prove my words given above by ingesting a standard potion of LSD (where is it legal?), or Mescaline (not usually legal), or 2CI (legal in many jurisdictions), or DMT, or other locally legal alternative …

… and then easily attaining a samadhic state, one can directly perceive (gnosis, jnana) the cause and effect between external phenomena and internal states. It’s a wonderful preview of coming attractions. It’s called Magister for a Day (with subsequent entry into the Bardo of Rebirth).

Now, some people can’t seem to let go into the samadhic realm, even with the assistance of legal libation. In this case, their results will be different if they are in the presence of someone else who is in samahi. It’s contagious. That’s why people visited Ramana Maharshi and UG Krishamurti – just to sit around and pick up on that state.

I have now given you sufficient information to contact the Secret Chiefs directly, and our communication must cease.

[The bottom half of this parchment page was torn off here, because it contained the secrets of prosperity, longevity, happiness, immortality, and sexual irregularities].

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

Now, some people can’t seem to let go into the samadhic realm, even with the assistance of legal libation. In this case, their results will be different if they are in the presence of someone else who is in samahi. It’s contagious. That’s why people visited Ramana Maharshi and UG Krishamurti – just to sit around and pick up on that state.
    That can work the other way around, too — have you ever been within the immediate surroundings of a Black Brother?  Their company can get to be a real downer.

I have now given you sufficient information to contact the Secret Chiefs directly, and our communication must cease.
    But wait! You forgot to supply their URL?

The bottom half of this parchment page was torn off here, because it contained the secrets of prosperity, longevity, happiness, immortality, and sexual irregularities].
    Aw shit, and that was just the bit I was wanting to read, too…

‘Twas ever thus,
    Norma N Joy Conquest

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.