Crowley liked international travel. Do you?  

Page 1 / 4
  RSS

dom
 dom
(@dom)
06/07/2019 10:26 pm  

Do you go abroad often?

Tiger
(@tiger)
06/07/2019 11:54 pm  

used to quite often on youtube
https://youtu.be/fWydEjyNsQY

https://youtu.be/IG_CfbUQKqI

Travel Documentaries, Expedia, Backpacking, Travel Vlogs etc

ReplyQuote
ignant666
(@ignant666)
07/07/2019 12:19 am  

I like to travel, period. I have been to 31 of 50 US states, with time in 13 states so far this year, with one more additional state getting added, plus DC, to my "year-end" total, when i do a 184.5 mile, 6 day, bike trip in two weeks.

I've also been to 19 countries, with multiple visits to the UK (four times), France (10 times), and Brazil (15 times). Only in the US so far this year, but will add a new country (Portugal), and another visit to the UK, in August.

And it's not because i'm loaded with money- this has mostly been very low-budget travel, afforded by scrimping on other things (like never having had a car, and cooking instead of buying prepared foods, buying most of my clothes used, etc).

Most of my travel has been by bus, rail, bicycling, and hitchhiking, with airplanes involved when there are oceans, and back when i used to travel to conferences as an academic. Generally staying with folks met on the road, friends and family, and camping/sleeping rough, and the occasional hostel or hotel.

ReplyQuote
dom
 dom
(@dom)
07/07/2019 12:44 am  

Where are you staying in the UK next?

ReplyQuote
ignant666
(@ignant666)
07/07/2019 1:40 am  

I will be in London for two days, staying with friends, who live in Brixton.

Just zipping over from Portugal to see one of my few old pals who isn't dead, though it is likely i will visit the Imperial War Museum, my favorite London tourist attraction.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
07/07/2019 2:23 am  

travel ... I love travel... traveled and explored aus many times ... most fun was camping sleeping rough...meeting different folks ... hitchhiking done and do plenty, when I need to.

overseas travel none .. love to ...dreams are but dreams ...... money seems to be god in this world........ so until then google maps, youtube and googling had sufficed....

@ignant666 you have never had a car? you must be fit ps I hate prepared foods has too many things I cannot pronounce and too many numbers for my body...

ReplyQuote
Tiger
(@tiger)
07/07/2019 2:45 am  

i got my first car 4 years ago
and hope to visit London for sometime someday

beautiful building
https://youtu.be/YX5Z-SaD4W0

@ignant
you in good shape dude
i lost it as soon as i got my car
maybe i will try to just use it just when it rains and snows

ReplyQuote
Tiger
(@tiger)
07/07/2019 4:02 am  

Keep Calm and Carry On
https://youtu.be/Y9-7uOrXDc8

ReplyQuote
Shiva
(@shiva)
07/07/2019 6:08 am  

T: i got my first car 4 years ago and hope to visit London

TRAVEL ADVISORY: Tourists from USA are advised to not attempt crossing the Atlantic in their car.

ReplyQuote
dom
 dom
(@dom)
07/07/2019 12:51 pm  

I've been to New York, Paris, Stockholm and Barcelona and the UK channel Isles. Less than a week each. Was worth it I guess. London is just one big sprawling English council estate with historical sites like the palace in the middle.

ReplyQuote
Tiger
(@tiger)
07/07/2019 3:49 pm  

“T: i got my first car 4 years ago and hope to visit London"

"TRAVEL ADVISORY: Tourists from USA are advised to not attempt crossing the Atlantic in their car.”

@Shiva
Hopefully by the time I get around to it They will have figured out how to drive on the right side of the road .

ReplyQuote
ignant666
(@ignant666)
07/07/2019 4:03 pm  

Hopefully by the time I get around to it They will have figured out how to drive on the right side of the road .

Every time i go to London, my friend that i am going to visit spends the first couple days that i am there pulling me out of the path of speeding buses until i acclimate to this peculiar habit of driving on the wrong side of the road, shared by the Japanese and the Australians i believe. With only two days there on this trip, i will try to avoid crossing the street. Maybe this odd habit is some sort of island-related thing (UK, Japan, Australia)?

ReplyQuote
Tiger
(@tiger)
07/07/2019 4:13 pm  

https://youtu.be/CxpJL8RWRWg

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
08/07/2019 2:02 am  

@ignant666 Maybe this odd habit is some sort of island-related thing (UK, Japan, Australia)?

if that theory held water or was held by water, then all islands would drive on left hand side of road.....

to me the ODD habit would be to drive on right, and have left hand drive vehicles and just as you guys are stuck doing it our way, we are and I would be stuck doing it yours....

I do know there is much kerfuffle here over tourists coming here and getting international licences and then driving on the wrong side - the right side, crashing badly into other vehicles... the europeons do not seem to have much trouble but the chinese do seem to have trouble adjusting

ReplyQuote
ignant666
(@ignant666)
08/07/2019 2:31 am  

I realize that not all islands drive on the wrong side of the road, but as far as i know only (some) island-nations do this. This may be because of islands' lack of land borders with countries that do it the other way.

[Have just thought of the Chunnel, where they must deal with this- what do they do? suppose i could give it a google. Doh! It's a rail tunnel; nevermind]

I also realized that, even as i was, in writing the above post, thinking about the many times my pal "English John" (he used to live in Brooklyn in the '90s) has pulled me out from in front of a speeding double-decker London bus, i was (in my mind's eye) picturing the bus coming from the left as i tried to cross a two-lane street (the way it would in a civilized, non-backwards country), rather than the right, where those giant red death-juggernauts actually come from.

I am doomed.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: