Home Forums Thelema Thelema Definition of ‘slaves’ in Thelema

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

juju
    Participant

The word slave derives from Slavic.
    We all know the verse II 58.
    But HOW shall the slaves serve?
    In an enlightened society I picture people serving freely and joyfully. No pressure is needed as everybody knows his place in the timeless leela of Maya.

But usually one thinks of whips and slave masters, of oppression, power gaps and constraint.

How do you feel about ‘slavery’ here, is a hidden meaning involved?
    Are we all slaves of our habits?
    What is the deeper meaning of this Liber Al verse?

Shiva
    Participant

“Slaves” is related to “Because.”

2:54. Nor shall they who cry aloud their folly that thou meanest nought avail; thou shall reveal it: thou availest: they are the slaves of because: They are not of me.

2:27. There is great danger in me; for who doth not understand these runes shall make a great miss. He shall fall down into the pit called Because, and there he shall perish with the dogs of Reason.

Man is designed to ultimately operate exclusively via Intuition. See “Binah” and “Liber 418.” This is above and beyond the Mind.

“Because” asks to be given a reason. We all know that “Reason is a lie,” don’t we? “Reason” is a function of Mind. It’s the same as asking, “Why?”

People who engage in this endless monologue are considered “normal.” But really (as in the “real” higher dimensions, like say Binah) they are the Slaves of their Mind. Choronzon owns them, and keeps them in their “place” (askingWhy? and demanding a Because.

dom
    Participant

What Shiva is doing here is interpreting AL verses as a metaphor for self-realization. He goes explaining that circuit 3 the language-using wordplaying manually dexterous logical thinker can enslave you if you have not opened the right lobe circuits. That’s all very well but AL states that there are ubermensch and there are also fools who are not ubermesch..

1:10 Let my servants be few & secret: they shall

rule

the many & the known. 11.These are fools that men adore; both their Gods & their men are fools.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

As we are getting into merrily quoting away from The Book of the Law, perhaps we should also bear in mind that To Mega Therion/ Aleister Crowley was himself described therein (I: 26), in terms of possibly the highest and lowest accolades, as being “the prophet and slave of the beauteous one” [=Nuit]. And maybe it is in our will for we all – the highest & the lowest among us – to also serve to be her slaves, in some metaphorical way?

Norma N Joy Conquest

Tiger
    Participant

wow !
    Great posts Shiva and Jamie !

dom
    Participant

Thanks Tiger

Tiger
    Participant

🙂 ‘s

Shiva
    Participant

JB: – to also serve to be her slaves, in some metaphorical way?

Yes, I accept that one as well.

D: What Shiva is doing here is …

Thank you for explaining the intricacy of what I “is doing here” to me, myself, and everyone else.

The third neurocircuit is child’s play (compared to the statement I made).

As a footnote, I might add that “Because” is a factor up to, and including, the 7th neurocircuit. The end of one’s slave-status to Because only ends with the terrors of the 8th, Quantum, neurocircuit.

One’s slave-status to Nuit only begins with the joys of the 8th, Quantum, neurocircuit.

All else is a curse. It is the curse of being a separate, individual, sovereign being in the harsh world of duality.

dom
    Participant

@shiva

As a footnote, I might add that “Because” is a factor up to, and including, the 7th neurocircuit. The end of one’s slave-status to Because only ends with the terrors of the 8th, Quantum, neurocircuit.

Yeah of course. However I think that when the neurosomatic circuit is ‘on’ then circuit 3 is put in it’s place at last. William Blake said that “reason (the 3rd circuit) is a whore” and RAW pointed out that this means that no matter how developed someone’s logical abilities are if they are functioning from automatic reptile-monkey circuits then circuit 3 is being abused or enslaved.

Shiva
    Participant

d: William Blake said that “reason (the 3rd circuit) is …

Blake may have made a correct statement, but “Reason” is not the 3rd circuit. The third circuit is the Limbic brain/system. It works with words, dexterity, and data tables. That is, this is where we find things like “driving to work,” “peforming complex movements in ballet or martial arts,” and our own personal “777” & “Sepher sephiroth.”

But thing is practice and memorizing and doing, over and over, until it becomes “automatic.” That is, we can do it without thinking.

The 3rd circuit is located at the Hod Rooms & Breakfast Inn. Real “Rasoning” takes place up in the cortex, not down in the Limbic slums.

Somehow, many people seem to think the Intellect, or Rasoning Ability is located at Hod and in the 3rd circuit. The swelled-Hod-head of Splendor (Brit … our) likes to think he’s the head of the roost, but he’s merely the flash memory card/chip in our computer, er, nervous system.

“Reason” is active at Tiphareth, Geburah, and Chesed. It must be abandoned upon moving out of Chesed. If it’s not abandoned, then (The Force) will take it away.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@shiva :

The end of one’s slave-status to Because only ends with the terrors of the 8th, Quantum, neurocircuit.
    One’s slave-status to Nuit only begins with the joys of the 8th,
    Quantum, neurocircuit.

This is an interesting brace of statements. Would you care to say any more about them (and particularly the second)?

N Terror

Shiva
    Participant

JB: Would you care to say any more about them?

The secret is so simple, I could explain it in a few words. Unfortunately, I am bound by the Oath of Secrecy in the matter.

You’ll have to join my Order (the T.O.T.), pay out your life savings, plus 10%, and hope that you can arrive safely at the grand and exalted ninth degree … or was it the thirteenth?

(and particularly the second)

Read Ch I of AL. Memorize all Statements made by Nuit where she describes herself and her nature, plus all directives as to how to become One with her. Then apply 8th circuit characteristics. See if you get a synchronicity.

Of course, this “second one” was ripped off from J Barter, so he already knows all this.

dom
    Participant

@shiva

The third circuit is the Limbic brain/system. It works with words, dexterity, and data tables. That is, this is where we find things like “driving to work,” “peforming complex movements in ballet or martial arts,” and our own personal “777” & “Sepher sephiroth.”
    But thing is practice and memorizing and doing, over and over, until it becomes “automatic.” That is, we can do it without thinking.

Yes Colin Wilson’s ‘robot’ which is lodged in the left lobe only?

The 3rd circuit is located at the Hod Rooms & Breakfast Inn. Real “Rasoning” takes place up in the cortex, not down in the Limbic slums.
    Somehow, many people seem to think the Intellect, or Rasoning Ability is located at Hod and in the 3rd circuit. The swelled-Hod-head of Splendor (Brit … our) likes to think he’s the head of the roost, but he’s merely the flash memory card/chip in our computer, er, nervous system.

oh you just answered my question above.

“Reason” is active at Tiphareth, Geburah, and Chesed. It must be abandoned upon moving out of Chesed. If it’s not abandoned, then (The Force) will take it away.

Reason is connected to Neshamah then and isn’t just Ruach?

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

“The 3rd circuit is located at the Hod Rooms & Breakfast Inn.” —
    oh you just answered my question above.

You come across as a slow learner, dom, not too quick on the uptake (nb this is an observation, not a personal attack): regular readers will recall you previously asked Shiva on another thread only a short while ago if he equated the neurocircuits with the sephirah on the Tree of Life, going up (i.e. Malkuth=1, Yesod=2, Hod=3 etc), and he replied in the affirmative there.

Reason is connected to Neshamah then and isn’t just Ruach?
    The peak of Reason (Knowledge) on the Ruach on the Tree of Life is at Da’ath; its nadir is down at the ‘Y’ (the Yesod YMCA). The intuitive Neshamah, being of the Supernals above Da’ath as I’m sure you must already know, does not partake of the Ruach at all.

Yours informatively
    N Joy

Shiva
    Participant

JB: The peak of Reason (Knowledge) on the Ruach on the Tree of Life is at Da’ath; its nadir is down at the ‘Y’ (the Yesod YMCA). The intuitive Neshamah, being of the Supernals above Da’ath as I’m sure you must already know, does not partake of the Ruach at all.

I couldn’t have put it cleaner or simpler that that. Thank you for being on the same page of “Cozmik Konnektions.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.