Home Forums Administration LAShTAL.COM Problems and Suggestions Galleries deleted? Broken links?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

elitemachinery
    Participant

I’m curious if the Lashtal galleries are still on the site or if they have been deleted? The url leading to them in the menu has changed over the years. Currently it leads to the forums.

Whenever the forums have been re-done over the years there are loads of broken links in the early posts. Links that used to go to a specific url now lead nowhere. These could be fixed but it would be a massive task to go thru and correct each one. Probably not practical.

lashtal
    Keymaster

Looking into this: thanks for letting us know.

christibrany
    Participant

I also tried to check the galleries a few weeks ago and it didn’t work. I had just assumed they were removed.
    I miss the Bibliographica too! 🙂

lashtal
    Keymaster

The Galleries are now back, together with a much simpler design across the site that should load more quickly.

elitemachinery
    Participant

very cool! the new design is looking good and loading fast..

Shiva
    Participant

elite: very cool!

Yes, indeed. Everything is immediately “more visible.” It not only “loads faster,” but it’s brain-loading response is quicker.

christibrany
    Participant

mucho mas rapido for sure. good job 🙂

Michael Staley
    Participant

I love the clear and crisp appearance; looks great.

ignant666
    Participant

The new format is nice, and getting the galleries back as well (i had noticed they had vanished but assumed it was on purpose, and thus did not speak up).

No one has remarked upon the truncated listing of “Recent Forum Topics”, which no longer includes the OP or date, which is an improvement, as taking up less space. I would suggest expanding it to the dozen newest topics from the current five, and renaming it “New Forum Topics”, rather than “recent”. With the new briefer listing format, a dozen topics would talk up little space.

May i suggest a further change in how forum posts are listed (or a reversion, since i believe this is how things were once upon a time), and in any case something that i think may be an improvement?

The “Recent Forum Replies”, by listing each reply, causes the listing to rapidly become choked with replies back and forth to any “hot topic”, and other recently-active threads get pushed off the front page.

Better would be to list the most recently active topics/threads, rather than replies, so that “hot topics” would be listed first (since they would have the most recent replies), but not to the exclusion of topics that may have been recently active but perhaps not today.

I would suggest expanding this too to the dozen most recently active topics. Since the format i suggest would, like the current “Recent Forum Topics” listing, not include poster names or post times, it could be smaller than the current reply-format listing, and provide more useful information.

ignant666
    Participant

Good golly gosh, talk about “Ask and ye shall receive”!

Thank you, Paul; i hope others like it too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.