Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Mazus
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    I hope this is the right spot for this.

Has anybody had recent dealings with Hellfire Publishing (https://hellfireclubbooks.com/)? I ordered a Crowley collection of him way back in March and it hasn’t arrived. I’ve ordered stuff in the past and I know there is a wait, but this time I have sent now four emails over about six weeks without reply. I am now going to go a Paypal dispute unless I can get some word from someone that the business is still viable. Paypal is a last resort of course.

So if anybody has had contact, or even received a book could you let me know before I go to Paypal?

Thanks

christibrany
    Participant

I have actually never ordered from them, but since I am seeing 2 editions there, listed under ‘Available’ that I am interested in, I would be thankful if you or anyone else could update on if they are still active and listed books are actually in stock. This before I try bugging them or ordering myself.

thank you

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

[…] This before I try bugging them or ordering myself.
    thank you

The best of luck with that but do be careful, chris — I hear the penalties for this under the new GDPR legislation are quite severe, these days…

Norma N Joy Conquest

christibrany
    Participant

Thank you for the joke Jamie, you got a snigger out of me. 🙂
    Does that joke still work then in the UK if you say bugging instead of buggering?
    Very important… Lol

Shiva
    Participant

JB: the new GDPR legislation

God Damn People’s Republic?

mickw1
    Participant

I placed a large order with Hellfire a while back. When I received no response from them even after sending multiple emails, I eventually lodged a transaction dispute with PayPal, who returned most but not all of my transaction amount. I hope you have a better outcome!

christibrany
    Participant

Mick when was this order?

Mazus
    Participant

Thanks for replies. It seems as though the wheels may have come off Hellfire Books which is a shame as the books are superb. One more email and then a paypal dispute I suppose.

mickw1
    Participant

In May 2018.

runelogix
    Participant

I also cancelled an order from them recently. It seemed they were shipping again but now I am not sure again. Disappointing to say the least.

christibrany
    Participant

Their Book of Thoth reproduction looks gorgeous.

I am also highly interested in a morocco leather copy of their Holy Books reproduction set.

david1
    Participant

Thank you for highlighting the issues with this seller/publisher. I was looking to place a large order at Hellfire Books, but these comments have made me (wisely) refrain from doing so – at least until further information comes to light.

waysidewitch
    Participant

Oh thank the gods! I’m not alone! I ordered a Clothbound limited edition of “The Confessions of Isobel Gowdie & Co.: The Sketchbooks of the Ayrshire Wica” illustrated by John Upton (a book on Scottish traditional witchcraft and folk magic, focused primarily around the witch trial record accounts of the accused during the Inquisition, mixed with some modern witchcraft elements given to the author by many of the more significant public figures known in modern Occult circles and Wiccan/Neopagan movements so popular today like Gardner, Valiente, Williamson, etc.)

Anyway, back on subject- I ordered a copy on 18 June 2019 and it’s now October and I have tried repeatedly and in many ways to contact anyone associated with Hell Fire Club Books and have had ZERO success! L

I plan on contacting my bank tomorrow, if you read the fine print on the WorldPay website- they won’t do ANYTHING for you about the fact that you never got whatever you bought through a seller, it even says on their FAQs page “it is the seller’s responsibility” and not their job to insure that the issue or problem related to the unfinished completion of the online transaction.

This just kills me… I wanted that book so badly! My dad’s side of the family is pretty heavily Scottish/German and we actually traced our exact lineage and found his family actually was living in Fife and Auldearne, Scotland at the time of Isobel Gowdie’s trial! And we are legitimately descended from notable Scottish individuals both accused, condemned, put to death and even historically noted for the practice of witchcraft as far back as the late 1400s. One woman, Clea, who was a “grey witch” for lack of a better term is very directly mentioned in “The Darker Supersitions of Scotland” as healing and cursing many and renowned, and also a man, Donald, who was also a notable warlock I guess but black all the way and feared terribly. After Donald was put to death the family left Scotland and ended up on various locations in England like East Anglia, Essex, Cornwall too if I remember correctly but I’d have to double check if it was Cornwall just to be 100% sure.

Anyway, I’ll stop myself there. Sorry, but hopefully that gives you all an idea of why and how much I actually truly did want to eventually receive the copy of this book I already paid in full for over 2 months ago now. Hopefully someday I will get it despite all of this.

Also, WorldPay says to contact your bank (the bank associated with the payment funds transferred to HFCB- the account you paid them from and file a dispute claim for not receiving your product/goods/services, etc. If any flags or information is discovered by your bank in regards to fraudulent activity from HFCB (and obviously there will!) you will be reissued the payment total back to your account.

I asked the owner(s) of Miskatonic Books (who are ABSOLUTELY wonderful, extremely kind and a business I can’t recommend to any and all other Occult and Esoterica collectors like myself!) if they knew of anything in regards to Hell Fire and sadly they suffered the same fate as we all have. They paid and never received the product. Well, some but only a few and then I guess the rest never arrived. They told me to contact my bank as I stated earlier (re: above).

I tried everything to contact Hell Fire, *sigh* the two emails they have (one on their site and the second listed in the WorldPay transaction detail receipt email I received after my payment was successfully transferred- they accepted the payment of course but from there, I still haven’t successfully been able to reach them personally. I tried also the phone number listed on the bottom footer note on their site, both Facebook & Twitter also by private instant message, my and their posting walls as well as their wall’s post comments… I finally just decided to give up. I’ve tried EVERYTHING and the whole time been cordial, polite and curteous- plus, obviously extremely patient LOL.

I hope you all have better success, who knows what is really going on with Hell Fire. A few years ago the first ever Blu Ray edition of “Elvia, Mistress of the Dark” was being released by a co-starring video Manufacturing company in Germany and they pulled a similar stunt like this and it bankrupted them. I just pray it all eventually gets worked out.

For the gods sakes, what ever happened to dedication, being honest, taking pride in service and product and actually putting in the effort as a hard-working person these days? Am I right? LOL I mean, the way this is being handled, we might as well say, “R.I.P. Hell Fire Club Books!” *waves*

Shiva
    Participant

It’s always best to use a credit card, if possible. Enter a dispute and the bank/issuer of the card will refund your money.

I don’t know how it works if one just transfers cash out of their bank account. Good luck. Use a Jupiter talisman.

michaelclarke18
    Participant

There are a few items I am interested in. I may send them an email to find out whether the books are immediately available, as otherwise it’s a no-go.

I’ll update on what happens.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.