Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Mazus
    Participant

Further to my sorry saga. I tried to lodge a PayPal dispute but was three days beyond their 180 day cut off. I had in my head I was working on six months which is different to 180 days. I have implored PayPal to stop people like him using PayPal for these types of pre orders. They will investigate. Sure.

The guy may come good. Who knows. There is a similar issue with this pre order con job with Three Hands Press at the moment. I will say I regard THP as gilt edge honest by the way but their Green Mysteries is now probably almost two years since they took pre orders. Their communication in that time has been either full of release dates that didn’t arrive or silence. The book now has a Nov release date. Again, such business practices enabled by PayPal.

Something may have happened to the Hellfire guy as I have bought plenty of his books. I’d like to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he comes good.

Michael Staley
    Participant

@mazus

I have implored PayPal to stop people like him using PayPal for these types of pre orders

I run a publishing company, Starfire Publishing, and rely on pre-ordering. I always acknowledge the receipt of pre-orders, and am always happy to give refunds to those who in the event of publishing delays consider that they have waited more than long enough. I appreciate the problems of you and others, but would regret it if the solution was to wipe out pre-ordering per se.

Shiva
    Participant

MS: … but would regret it if the solution was to wipe out pre-ordering per se.

Yeah. It’s a company/vendor specific issue. No need to throw out the bath water with the baby.

destructiva
    Participant

Hell-o everyone!

93 for those out there, hails, etc.

I’ve ordered some A∴A∴ Magickal Diary on May 3, 2019, then I’ve emailed and messaged them on Facebook, with no response, then I sent an email saying I was about to make a considerable purchase of books, but I was puzzled by the long wait of the diary. I got this response on May 18th:

Yes we do make to order and we have completed your book, the bindery works with one pair of hands and a small number of iron presses so space is tight
    If you wish to order a number of books please email me direct here and I will let you know what is ready to despatch as the stock fluctuates according to demand

Since then I haven’t received anything, no news, no product.

It was strange to me that a couple of days before I purchased the diary the website was down saying that they needed to pay the domain. That should have triggered some alarm about ordering from them/him?.

I still have hope, the guy has only two hands 😀

93 93/93

Kind regards,

michaelclarke18
    Participant

Despite having sent for information around 2 weeks ago, I have still to receive a reply.

The only conclusion I can take is that they simply aren’t interested in making sales.

I would not have any confidence to buy anything from them, and would not bother.

Shiva
    Participant

mc: The only conclusion I can take is that they simply aren’t interested in making sales.

Their (his? her?) name is Hellfire, for antichristianity’s sake. It seems it’s like a Probationer invoking his/her HGA. He/she calls, writes, and sends couriers [thoughtforms], but the Angel doesn’t answer. Why are so many folks trying to get in touch with the Devil via similar methods?

Okay, they assumedly produce a superior product. They assumedly are real people (person) because they have delivered books in the past, and a single email was issued recently making a general statement as to cramped quarters and limited staff.

The limited staff may well be one person who is crippled, deformed, insane, a con man, a drug addict, an extremely old guy (like me), or he/she has other business and hardly any time at all for book-work. None of these options is an accusation, only a possible possibility of potent potential. Other reasons may apply.

So if Hellfire was on eBay, for example, it would surely get very poor “Negative” feedback scores, and suffer in sales accordingly. This thread has served a similar purpose, and based on everyone’s reports, a Feedback score of (00.1) is assigned.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@shiva :

So if Hellfire was on eBay, for example, it would surely get very poor “Negative” feedback scores, and suffer in sales accordingly. This thread has served a similar purpose, and based on everyone’s reports, a Feedback score of (00.1) is assigned.

The (developed) world these days has become obsessed with ratings, giving everyone the chance to be a Judge, cast the first stone and feel their opinion is worth something & really going to count. School League tables, Uber taxis, AirB&B, Amazon, you name it and the ratings are paramount. Never mind mitigating circumstances like being ill or a run of bad luck, and forget about having had a previous spotless track record (that’s history – or soon will be!) There’s no room for extenuation or valid explanations: if you get a low score that’s curtains for you, chum. There’s plenty around with higher marks vying for your money in the market-place.

Yes, it can be a cruel world indeed for the merchant with his wares …
    Norma N Joy Conquest

Michael Staley
    Participant

@shiva

They assumedly are real people (person) because they have delivered books in the past,

I can vouch for his being a “real person”, having spent an afternoon with him a year or two ago in ‘The Rising Sun’ in Tottenham Court Road. I don’t think it was my imaginary friend that bought me several pints of Greene King IPA.

christibrany
    Participant

lol Mick.

RE the books they sure are gorge…Maybe I will fork over extra for a second hand copy of some of them.

RE ratings in this day and age it really is ridiculous. If they ever try an implement a social credit score in the West like they have in China I am moving to Mars. I have no social media anymore minus Linked in which I never use so I guess I would get a negative score. Stop tracking me stop looking at my private life and stop listening to everything I say.

The fact that people willingly put spy devices developed-in-part by the spy agencies, such as Alexa, Echo, ‘smart’ door bells etc, in their homes and private areas is mind boggling to me.

Regarding ratings as well, wife and I were discussing this week that no one generally leaves good reviews; if you are satisfied you just sit there smug. So they are generally going to be slanted the wrong way. Its all whining.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  christibrany.

Shiva
    Participant

Every man and every woman is a Star … or two stars, or 4 stars.

Every transaction is a Galaxy … subject to changing conditions.

Mazus
    Participant

I just cruised over to the Hellfire site and it’s pretty annoying to see that he has done a major update offering new titles.

Anybody know if this guy is OTO?

Michael Staley
    Participant

@mazus

Anybody know if this guy is OTO?

As far as I know, he is not a member of the O.T.O.

Michael Staley
    Participant

@christibrany

Regarding ratings as well, wife and I were discussing this week that no one generally leaves good reviews; if you are satisfied you just sit there smug. So they are generally going to be slanted the wrong way. Its all whining.

I don’t think that is the case, Chris. When about to install a new piece of software, I generally look at the reviews, and there are plenty of people leaving positive reviews of a product. Similar applies to restaurants, hotels, music, etc.

AdoniaZanoni
    Participant

As a poster, I retired and am a lurker in the dark. However, this thread has been brought to my attention about the reliability of Hellfire Clubs Books. I placed an order in mid-August. Their pay pal was not working and I ordered by Mastercard through WorldPay CARD transaction four items.

The email I received stated:
    “Your transaction has been processed by WorldPay, on behalf of Hell fire club books.
    Many thanks for your order. Please note it can take a while for you to receive your items. We are not Amazon! All our products are handmade to order. You will receive your order once completed so we thank you for your patience. As a general guideline it can take 15 days before shipping, but this is a general indication. It can take longer, depending the scope of your order. We thank you for your business.”

The WorldCard charge did incur in August 2019 on my credit card statement. I have time to reverse this.

The concern I had was I received a payment confirmation from World Pay, but I did not receive an e-mail listing the items I ordered. I tried to contact them by e-mail a few times with no reply. I went to their Facebook Messenger and asked three times. The last two times I received an automated message stating “Hello and thank you for your message! We are currently experiencing a high volume of messages. Please leave your details and we will get back to you ASAP. Thankyou. Hell Fire Club Books.”

I have heard nothing for a whole month. I can imagine they might have 100 to 500 pending orders so there is time for them to contact me.

In the past I had the same issues of communicating with them for other orders using Pay Pal, they all came in at some point in time. Due to their lack of communication, they always left with the fear I would have a Pay Pal dispute. There are other items I want to order but will wait until the current order is resolved.

My e-mail for their website account is not working because the password reset is not functioning. I bought this up to them when communicating with them. They said they would look into this but nothing was resolved.

On August 15, 2019, they sent an e-mail advertising new publications, Cunning Magic & Celestial Art, but they cannot confirm the status of my order.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  AdoniaZanoni.

Shiva
    Participant

Jesus wept.

And so can you.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.