Home Forums Thelema Thelema How many lashtalians are (c)OTO members?

• This topic contains 83 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Tiger 4 weeks ago.
Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author

dom
    Participant

As to my characterization of the article saying Breeze is “a sort of semi-human zombie creature”, see, eg,

…..Scepticism scepticism where for art thou scepticism?

Anyway, I think the god-dog Liber Al issue is best understood when we seek the etymology of this strange noun…or verb (?) “God”. It means master i.e. as in something higher than that which is ‘lower’. I don’t know the etymology of the word ‘dog’ but is it a coincidence that it is ‘god’ in reverse and did this word ‘dog’ appear after some canines became our best friend and servants via taming/domestication?

In other words there is no species-bias as such in that statement as it is a way of asking does ‘the master’ live in ‘the servant’?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  dom.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  dom.

ignant666
    Participant

I’m not saying Breeze is not fully human, but rather some sort of soulless elemental, david- the article Serpent 252 linked to, that i quoted, is saying this. The reason i pointed this out is that Tiger read only the very sarcastic intro, and mistakenly thought it was pro-(c)OTO.

I will admit that the picture of him on the cover of Wasserman’s book totally gives me the creeps. He does look fully compatible with what i would imagine a semi-human zombie creature would look like, except that i tend to doubt there are such beings.

Serpent 252
    Participant

Ok, dom, the etymology of the word dog:

Dog
    – From Middle English dogge, doke, doge (“mutt, pooch, mongrel, cur”), from Old English docga (“hound, breed of powerful dogs”), diminutive of docce (“muscle”), of unknown origin, perhaps from Proto-Germanic dukkǭn (“power, strength, muscle”), from Proto-Indo-European dʰeu-k- (“spin, shake”).

– Attested 13th century as noun, early 16th century as verb.

(source: TheSage English Dictionary and Thesaurus, v. 7.5, Standard (free) version)

dom
    Participant

Proto-Germanic dukkǭn (“power,

Sort of in line with my guess.

Serpent 252
    Participant

@ignant666

Regarding creeps: ignant666, do you have at hand The Black Lodge of Santa Cruz by Satyr (The Kaos-Babalon Press, 2002; circulated on the internet as .pdf which has “Printing: Allowed” & all other usual editing (e.g., copying) “Not Allowed”)?

The thing I will admit gives me the creeps (related to one B.B.) can be found on the pages 53-54, especially this one from the bottom of the p.53:

“(…) David and I were at my house, and the phone rang. I answered, and an unpleasantly cheerful voice said, “This is Bill Breeze. (…)” (…)” (my italics)

The book can be downloaded here.

Shiva
    Participant

Ig: if a god is to live in a dog

This. Like many other references in AL, is extracted from the old Zen koan: “Is a dog endowed with the Buddha nature?” Alan Watts said the answer is “No, but it’s pronounced No-oh-oh-oh-oh.” (echo effect).

S252: The Black Lodge of Santa Cruz

A great tale, mostly about can go wrong … even worse in many ways than the tale of the latter years of Solar Lodge.

My un-named source, who was close to the “Santa Cruz” action, informed me that Methamphetamine was involved throughout the adventure, and that our own Keith418 (a sporadic poster who we haven’t heard from in a while) was one of the key players. Keith, so I was told, has has/had set himself up as the “moral judge and guardian of the OTO.” This was all told to me and so it is heresay, um, hearsay. Keith418 can be found on Facebook.

dom
    Participant

This. Like many other references in AL, is extracted from the old Zen koan: “Is a dog endowed with the Buddha nature?” Alan Watts said the answer is “No, but it’s pronounced No-oh-oh-oh-oh.” (echo effect).

There are many references in AL to that one koan or other koans?

Tiger
    Participant

“VIII
    I cling unto the burning Æthyr like Lucifer that fell through the Abyss, and by the fury
    of his flight kindled the air.
    And I am Belial, for having seen the Rose upon thy breast, I have denied God.
    And I am Satan! I am Satan! I am cast out upon a burning crag! And the sea boils
    about the desolation thereof. And already the vultures gather, and feast upon my flesh.
    The Vision and the Voice, The Cry of the 2nd Æthyr which is called ARN “

The Black Lodge of Santa Cruz
    interesting read

did not quite understand it
    it reminded me of another enochian person and his ordeals which was posted at Lashtal years ago

what i got out of it on a political level and some possible magical war being played at another level was that some order member took an oath to the caliphate started a bifurcation and breeze got a hold of him and reminded him of that oath and a cowering and submission happened .

so why does one take an oath to the caliphate ?

and current156 ?

Tiger
    Participant

reading The Black Lodge of Santa Cruz
    was like the earthling Æthyr dropping in and mixing in with the other Æthyrs
    and emerging back out tinged with a little something out of the extra ordinary
    and happy to be back home

and perhaps a period among other things

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.