Home Forums Administration Introductions How to join the AA?

• This topic contains 102 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 6 months ago.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)
  • Author

S0MAF0UNTAIN
    Participant

Can anyone give me information on how to become a member of Astrum Argentum? I know how it works I just need to find a link to a site that will take me there. The only one I could find was based out of London. Is that the main headquarters? I live in North America. New Mexico to be exact. Is there a branch I can email in this area or do I have to write to the one in London? I’m a bit confused. I am reading the books on the recommended reading list and I have started practicing the steps in The One Year Manual by Israel Regardie. Any help would be of great service to me. Thanks.

N.O.X
    Participant

Oh no, not ANOTHER A.’.A.’. thread….there are quite a few lineages out there and if you do a search of the forums I’m sure you can find all the information you will need as there are quite a few threads on the A.’.A.’….

einDoppelganger
    Participant

I hear the first step is admitting you have a problem.

AEternitas
    Participant

Actually, the first step is surrendering yourself to a higher power 😉

Heliopolis-156
    Participant

There are several threads about this already online and various arguments about lineages which I will avoid in my response.

In essence and very briefly, I assume the manifestation of A:.A:. that you are referring to is http://www.outercol.org because they have an address listed in London (BM Ankh). As a member I can confirm that they are not “based” out of London at all, this is just simply a PO Box address.

Shiva
    Participant
    "S0MAF0UNTAIN" wrote:
    I live in North America. New Mexico to be exact.

Well, I happen to live in your neighborhood (Los Lunas). If you’d like some direct conversation about these matters, just send me a PM (Private Message).

Noctifer
    Participant
    "AEternitas" wrote:

Isn’t this more appropriate to the “Fascism…” thread?

Shiva
    Participant
    "AEternitas" wrote:

If one really surrenders to a higher power (self not government), that’s the end of the path and there will be no further steps. Period.

However, if a person merely pretends to surrender, or formally declares his (her) intention to surrender, or in a moment of stress says “Oh, I dont know! I give up!”, or believes he or she is surrendering, then the “surrender” is token or symbolic, and the numbered steps will ensue.

Azidonis
    Participant
    "Shiva" wrote:
    "AEternitas" wrote:

If one really surrenders to a higher power (self not government), that’s the end of the path and there will be no further steps. Period.

But, I wanted to continue the aimless winging!

uranus
    Participant

I don’t know how you join the Argenteum Astrum but the A.’.A.’. is a different matter altogether. I don’t know this Agrenteum Astrum you speak of…

On a more serious note, if you meet someone who claim to be A.’.A.’. and is calling it the Argenteum Astrum they are either lying or misled.

666tsaeb
    Participant

He who is fit is joined to the chain, perhaps often where he though least likely, and at a point of which he knew nothing himself.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib33.htm

AdoniaZanoni
    Participant

While this may be a repeated post, there are always those that are new and need help.

From various sources, they have said there are various A A lineages.
    It seems since the death of Crowley and Germer, there has been various branches of the A A manifesting. I think both of them wanted one unified AA linked by leaders in the OTO.

The link shown above can be found by clicking here http://oto-usa.org/aa.html

I wanted to list the major AA contenders in the United States.

1)The AA that associates with the OTO.

2)Then there is the Motta’s AA run by David Bersson http://www.castletower.org/. His website states: “Probationer of the A.A. and beyond must wait until April 8th, 2015 e.v.” It is under a five year period of Silence, I thought this applied only to Equinox Volume II. I know when Motta died his unified organizations broke into fractions among his followers such as William Barden in Australia. I am not sure how Ray Eales fits into this

3) Also there is Phyllis Seckler’s and Jane Wolfe’s AA .
    http://www.thelema.org/aa/index.html
    James A. Eshelman is associated with this AA and he has published some interesting books. I remember this AA disagreed with robes published in Equinox Volume IV series.

4)There is also Gerald E. Cornelius who claims his website is about Grady Louis McMurtry’s branch of the ARGENTIUM ASTRUM. His website states he is not accepting new members. http://www.cornelius93.com/ The only curious question I have is in The Thoth Tarot, Astrology, & Other Selected Writings by Phyllis Seckler states she expelled McMurty from the AA and he never rose beyond a Probationer. I am confused on how McMurty could have led an AA branch.

I have listed the one that stand out in my mind. As an outsider, I just wanted to categorize them and see if there is any error on my part

I was curious if anybody knows who James Lee Musick is? He is mentioned in Motta’s Equinox of falsely representing the AA.

Another mystery question I have on the AA is Kenneth Grant’s status as an AA member. I believed he joined in the 1940’s. I wonder if Germer expelled him from the AA as he did from the OTO. Grant tends to be secretive about his AA status. I wonder if he was keeping his oath of secrecy also I wonder if was running his own AA lineage along with the Typhonian OTO.

einDoppelganger
    Participant
    "AdoniaZanoni" wrote:
    … I wonder if was running his own AA lineage along with the Typhonian OTO.

As I understand it Grant attempted to combine the AA and OTO curriculum in the early days of New Isis Lodge but soon came to the conclusion this was not a successful combination.

You can find more info on Grant’s A.’.A.’. work, including his exam, in” Remembering Aleister Crowley. “

Azidonis
    Participant

"AdoniaZanoni" wrote:
    While this may be a repeated post, there are always those that are new and need help.

From various sources, they have said there are various A A lineages.
    It seems since the death of Crowley and Germer, there has been various branches of the A A manifesting.

From One Star in Sight:

“8. The Grade of Adeptus Exemptus confers authority to govern the two lower Orders of R. C. and G. D.

The Adept must prepare and publish a thesis setting forth His knowledge of the Universe, and his proposals for its welfare and progress. He will thus be known as the leader of a school of thought.

(Eliphas Levi’s Clef des Grands Mysteres, the works of Swedenborg, von Eckarshausen, Robert Fludd, Paracelsus, Newton, Bolyai, Hinton, Berkeley, Loyola, etc., etc., are examples of such essays.)

He will have attained all but the supreme summits of meditation, and should be already prepared to perceive that the only possible course for him is to devote himself utterly to helping his fellow creatures.

To attain the Grade of Magister Templi, he must perform two tasks; the emancipation from thought by putting each idea against its opposite, and refusing to prefer either; and the consecration of himself as a pure vehicle for the influence of the order to which he aspires.

He must then decide upon the critical adventure of our Order; the absolute abandonment of himself and his attainments. He cannot remain indefinitely an Exempt Adept; he is pushed onward by the irresistible momentum that he has generated.

Should he fail, by will or weakness, to make his self-annihilation absolute, he is none the less thrust forth into the Abyss; but instead of being received and reconstructed in the Third Order, as a Babe in the womb of our Lady BABALON, under the Night of Pan, to grow up to be Himself wholly and truly as He was not previously, he remains in the Abyss, secreting his elements round his Ego as if isolated from the Universe, and becomes what is called a “Black Brother”. Such a being is gradually disintegrated from lack of nourishment and the slow but certain action of the attraction of the rest of the Universe, despite efforts to insulate and protect himself, and to aggrandise himself by predatory practices. He may indeed prosper for a while, but in the end he must perish, especially when with a new Aeon a new word is proclaimed which he cannot and will not hear, so that he is handicapped by trying to use an obsolete method of Magick, like a man with a boomerang in a battle where every one else has a rifle.”

"AdoniaZanoni" wrote:
    I think both of them wanted one unified AA linked by leaders in the OTO.

Reserved for further comment.

"AdoniaZanoni" wrote:
    I wanted to list the major AA contenders in the United States.

1)The AA that associates with the OTO.

As far as I know, there are at least two, maybe three A:.A:. “claimants” that associate with the O.T.O., at least in part. This does not imply that the heads have joined the O.T.O., only that they associate. And, this is the Caliphate O.T.O., which does not include other versions of the O.T.O.

"AdoniaZanoni" wrote:
    2)Then there is the Motta’s AA run by David Bersson http://www.castletower.org/. His website states: “Probationer of the A.A. and beyond must wait until April 8th, 2015 e.v.” It is under a five year period of Silence, I thought this applied only to Equinox Volume II. I know when Motta died his unified organizations broke into fractions among his followers such as William Barden in Australia. I am not sure how Ray Eales fits into this

As far as I know, David Bersson does run a “claimant group” of the A:.A:., but “Motta’s A:.A:.” is not run by David Bersson. In fact, there are at least 4 lines from Motta, and Bersson is only one of them.

"AdoniaZanoni" wrote:
    3) Also there is Phyllis Seckler’s and Jane Wolfe’s AA .
    http://www.thelema.org/aa/index.html
    James A. Eshelman is associated with this AA and he has published some interesting books. I remember this AA disagreed with robes published in Equinox Volume IV series.

As far as I know, these two lines seem to have gone their own ways, making them two lines, derived from one.

"AdoniaZanoni" wrote:
    4)There is also Gerald E. Cornelius who claims his website is about Grady Louis McMurtry’s branch of the ARGENTIUM ASTRUM. His website states he is not accepting new members. http://www.cornelius93.com/ The only curious question I have is in The Thoth Tarot, Astrology, & Other Selected Writings by Phyllis Seckler states she expelled McMurty from the AA and he never rose beyond a Probationer. I am confused on how McMurty could have led an AA branch.

Yes, Cornelius runs one “claimant group”.

"AdoniaZanoni" wrote:
    I have listed the one that stand out in my mind. As an outsider, I just wanted to categorize them and see if there is any error on my part

As a not-so-outsider, perhaps I have been able to help a bit. Perhaps also I am mistaken in some parts, and someone will further correct me. And of course, the ones I listed are just some of the more “locally known”, and English-speaking, groups.

"AdoniaZanoni" wrote:
    Another mystery question I have on the AA is Kenneth Grant’s status as an AA member. I believed he joined in the 1940’s. I wonder if Germer expelled him from the AA as he did from the OTO. Grant tends to be secretive about his AA status. I wonder if he was keeping his oath of secrecy also I wonder if was running his own AA lineage along with the Typhonian OTO.

There is one on these boards who may choose to answer this question. There are also quite a few lineage threads on the A:.A:. A simple forum search may provide some insight (though some of it may be dated).

93 93/93

Shiva
    Participant
    "AdoniaZanoni" wrote:
    Phyllis Seckler states she expelled McMurty from the AA and he never rose beyond a Probationer. I am confused on how McMurty could have led an AA branch.

The reason you are confused is because you confuse the A.’.A.’. with some outer organization run by people who think they can severe someone else’s spiritual thread and expel them. Whatta bunch of crap.

Would YOU be concerned if the Pope excommunicated you? Would you be concerned if the Ayatollah ordered your assassination? (Well, maybe you should be worried about that!). Would you be concerned if Phyllis expelled YOU, even if it was due to romantic falling-out and physical plane arguements and personality conflicts, and especially if you had already been linked into the chain from other sources?

This A.’.A.’. lineage stuff on the physical plane is NOT like having a corporation or an army. People seem to want an office that they can walk into and sign up – knowing that they better be good or they’ll get thrown out. Ha!

ANYONE who has seen The Primary Clear Light, even for an instant, is forever linked into the chain. Noby else can expel that connection. When A.’.A.’. is used on the physical plane, sometimes people do and say the funniest things.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.