Home Forums Administration Introductions How to join the AA?

• This topic contains 102 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 6 months ago.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • Author

Shiva
    Participant
    "Shiva" wrote:
    Noby else can expel that connection. When A.’.A.’. is used on the physical plane, sometimes people do and say the funniest things.

Note: “Noby” = nobody (maybe the Master of the Temple?)
    Sometimes people spell the funniest things

FraterLucius
    Participant
    "AdoniaZanoni" wrote:
    I was curious if anybody knows who James Lee Musick is? He is mentioned in Motta’s Equinox of falsely representing the AA.

I’m pretty sure it’s Music, without a ‘k’. Would you care to tell me what Motta exactly says in his Equinox about him? I’m very curious.

uranus
    Participant

Grady wasn’t admitted to the A.’.A.’. by Crowley, he was admitted by Phyllis so he wasn’t previously linked to the A.’.A.’. as you imply Shiva. Now I don’t think anyone can be expelled from the A.’.A.’., just cut contact with by their Superior which in most cases does result in a sort of expulsion because it usually occurs early on and can make quite the psychological impact but if you persevere in the work you can continue to forge the link.

Noctifer
    Participant

Did Crowley ever “expel” anyone from the AA? It seems that generally, people lost interest in it or went insane.

uranus
    Participant

Yes, C.F. Russel was expelled. He’s the person referenced on One Star In Sight

Noctifer
    Participant

That seems rather harsh on second reading. Sorry.

My angle was, is – of all the exit-nodes for people leaving Crowley’s AA, within the context of a discussion of why they left – the mode of their exit, eg. expulsion, loss of interest, insanity (whether “actual” or declared such by Crowley), death, or rejection on their part, disillusion, disappointment, etc. – of all these, I wonder what the proportions are, statistically speaking, amongst those whom Crowley “served” as sole supreme authority during his life.

That’s a pie-chart I’d like to see.

Richard…?

wolf354
    Participant

more interesting can be the expelling of Austin Osman Spare … but I didn’t arrive to that chapter yet (if there is one … probably there is)
    Best regards,

Noctifer
    Participant
    "wolf354" wrote:
    more interesting can be the expelling of Austin Osman Spare … but I didn’t arrive to that chapter yet (if there is one … probably there is)
    Best regards,

I don’t believe Spare was ever expelled. He simply lost interest from what I can gather.

Azidonis
    Participant

"Noctifer" wrote:
    That seems rather harsh on second reading. Sorry.

My angle was, is – of all the exit-nodes for people leaving Crowley’s AA, within the context of a discussion of why they left – the mode of their exit, eg. expulsion, loss of interest, insanity (whether “actual” or declared such by Crowley), death, or rejection on their part, disillusion, disappointment, etc. – of all these, I wonder what the proportions are, statistically speaking, amongst those whom Crowley “served” as sole supreme authority during his life.

That’s a pie-chart I’d like to see.

Richard…?

It should be noted that the middle pillar Grades in the Outer College – Probationer, Neophyte, Zelator, and even Dominus Liminus – may withdraw from the A:.A:. by simply notifying his/her Superior in the Order. I’m sure there have been many reasons for people to do this, especially Probationers.

I’m not going to go digging into their reasons, but that won’t stop the news reporters.

93 93/93

nashimiron
    Participant
    "Shiva" wrote:
    Note: “Noby” = nobody (maybe the Master of the Temple?)
    Sometimes people spell the funniest things

“Noby” is the Visible Head of the order, poking through the outer coverings of the Old Man of the Mountain, his basilisk eye unblinking through the ages.

😉

Oscillate
    Participant

RemeaviThantos
    Participant

Are you heading for a breakdown Oscilate? 😉

666tsaeb
    Participant
    "S0MAF0UNTAIN" wrote:
    Can anyone give me information on how to become a member of Astrum Argentum? I know how it works I just need to find a link to a site that will take me there. The only one I could find was based out of London. Is that the main headquarters? I live in North America. New Mexico to be exact. Is there a branch I can email in this area or do I have to write to the one in London? I’m a bit confused. I am reading the books on the recommended reading list and I have started practicing the steps in The One Year Manual by Israel Regardie. Any help would be of great service to me. Thanks.

IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS

1) Observe:

http://syndication.visualthesaurus.com/ddc/large/abide%20by.gif

2) Confer:

There was an old magazine from the early 1900s. It had an eye in a pyramid within a red star on its cover. I think it was called “The Blue Equinox.” Therein could be found a special supplement towards the back as an appendix. It was on page 96 of that wherein a final line composed of three sentences running over to the next page could be read.

3) Reflect:

“Every man must overcome his own obstacles, expose his own illusions.”

This was from a short pronouncement on a group called the A.∙.A.∙. and found within the afore mentioned magazine on page 55

AdoniaZanoni
    Participant

As for James Lee Musick in response to FraterLucius, I will quote what Motta states in Equinox V Volume 2, “Mr. James Lee Musick(if that is the person’s real name, which we earnestly doubt): this individual, who is personally unknown to Us, has been stated to claim that he is an Adept of Our Holy Order. In fact, he is not even a Probationer, having never been admitted under any of Us; he has no authority, therefore no qualification to speak in the Name of the AA. It should be needless to add that he cannot be an OTO member: thieves are not admitted to the OTO, and should a member of that Order show any inclinations towards theft, he or she is immediately expelled.”

He is also mentioned by name only in this article by GM Kelly. See below. There is not any real information about him. I found his last name unique.

http://www.gmkelly.com/motmurt.html

Cut from Contact is a phase Motta uses for vanquished members of the AA. I guess there is difference between cut from contact and expelled, but it is still leads to the same result exclusion. If Crowley or Germer wanted someone gone from the AA, I would think they would not want them to make contact and forge a new link. Look at Frater Archad falling out with Crowley; he was Master of the Temple.

If a person quits or leaves the AA what happens to the students under him. Shouldn’t the AA have a way of tracking the students down to find a replacement and not rely on the ex-member to do this?

In response to Shiva, The Thoth Tarot, Astrology, & Other Selected Writings by Phyllis Seckler states “Grady has no right to say he was in the AA, after I threw him out. He had no right to intiate anybody because he never done the Probationer work. Never done it. You can’t have a student unless you’re a neophyte in the AA”
    “Ten years later I threw him out of the AA. He has no AA background. None. However he went around pretending that he did have and telling people he was such-and such a Grade.”

While you may disagree and this account may not be accurate, the fact it is published and available to the general public will create questions and confusion.

Another AA that I omitted because it was from Switzerland under Herman Metzger(?). I noticed in the Falcon edition of Gems from Equinox, Regardie states “At one time I thought the AA and OTO had ceased to exist with Crowley’s demise in 1947; however, I am now informed otherwise. There is a very active branch of both orders in Switzerland under aggressive and wise leadership.”

Also stated by Regardie, “Currently I am not a member of any Order. But if any reader wishes to be put in contact with some of the branches mentioned above, a note addressed to me in care of the publisher will be duly forwarded.”

This was written March 31, 1970 and is conveniently omitted in the new Red edition of Gems From Equinox by Weiser.

I can say I think Crowley/Germer were not expecting the AA break out into different lineages, like the Golden Dawn, the Christian Church or Motta was not even expecting his order to fraction after his death. With all these lineages, I do not know if it will ever possible to ever publish a complete historical account of the AA due to the secrecy and mystery. That is why on my first post I asked the question about Kenneth Grant. I wonder how far he progressed in the AA and his status as a member. Will this remain a secret beyond the grave?

Oscillate
    Participant
    "RemeaviThantos" wrote:
    Are you heading for a breakdown Oscilate? 😉

😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.