Home Forums Thelemic Culture and Crowley in the Media Events Jack Parsons & Friends: Rockets, Magick, SF & Sex

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Falcon
    Participant

“Jack Parsons was an innovative, pioneering and daring rocket engineer before the Second World War. He also led the Pasadena, California lodge of the Ordo Templi Orientis, the occult movement headed by Aleister Crowley. At his home lived rocket scientists, occultists and science fiction writers – and, for a time, L Ron Hubbard, who took part in sex-magick rituals before he created Dianetics and Scientology.

Writer on unusual religions and London Fortean Society co-organiser Dr David V Barrett explores the fascinating life and death of the charismatic maverick Jack Parsons – who also championed free love decades before the term polyamory was coined.”

Tickets: £4/£2 concessions

Hosted by the London Fortean Society

Thursday 27th September 2018, 7.45pm-10pm

Venue: The Bell, 50 Middlesex Street, London E1 7EX

https://www.facebook.com/events/645339465832315/

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Falcon.

Falcon
    Participant

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE LONDON FORTEAN SOCIETY

Weirdness is happening with our location. It’s not changed, fear not.

Ignore the map — we’ve not relocated to the south-west of Canada! We’re still in The Bell pub, Middlesex St, London E1 7EX as always.

See you in Spitalfields, East London later!

Note: Tickets are no longer for sale but you can pay cash on the door!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Falcon.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

I went along to this and thought it was very well put together accompanied by some interesting slides including some of Cameron’s artwork. Also I learned at least one new thing – I never knew his real (original) name was Marvel Whiteside before…

Didn’t (knowingly) notice you there Falcon!?
    Norma N Joy Conquest

Falcon
    Participant

@Jamie J Barter Yes, I was there, interesting was it not…I hadn’t realised either that the speaker had received a threatening legal letter from the Church of Scientology (which denied their founder L. Ron Hubbard’s involvement in Jack’s sex-magick rituals) in regard to his book on the subject.

Shiva
    Participant

Falcon: … the Church of Scientology (which denied their founder L. Ron Hubbard’s involvement in Jack’s sex-magick rituals).

Aha haha! This is the funniest joke of the decade.

Falcon
    Participant

@shiva yes indeed…Aha haha!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.