Home Forums Thelema Thelema Jerry Kay/Solar Lodge connection

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

herupakraath
    Participant

I am curious if Shiva or anyone else knows if there is a connection between Jerry Kay, the art director of the movie Easy Rider, and the creator of a version of the Thoth Tarot deck, had links to Jean Brayton’s Solar Lodge.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  herupakraath.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

Links can mean anything from fairly superficial contact to being closely involved on several planes. For example, Jerry Kay may have been initiated to a high degree and played a part in the active administration of the Lodge, or maybe he just occasionally had his oil changed and tank filled as a customer at the gas station they ran?

Did he ever actively declare himself to be a Thelemite, or at least a follower of/ believer in A.C.? And what exactly was his “version” of the Thoth Tarot – I was under the impression there was only Frieda Harris’s?

Norma N Joy Conquest

ignant666
    Participant

He also published a version of AL. There was a copy in the recent collection of AL versions sold by Weiser mentioned in front-page news here.

https://www.weiserantiquarian.com/pages/books/60396/aleister-edited-etc-by-jerry-kay-crowley/the-book-of-the-law-liber-al-vel-legis-sub-figura-ccxx-as-delivered-by-xciii-418-to-dclxvi

As i recall from Shiva’s book, he had no connection with the Solar Lodge, but as i’m sure he’ll chime in soon, i can’t be bothered to check.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.