Home Forums Community Stuff Lam, ufos, and today’s technology

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author

ignant666
    Participant

I didn’t think there were many Krauty folk who understood baseball, so being an expatriate/refugee explains it all.

Not much of a fan myself, but baseball is just deep in American culture as you know.

My late best friend was an obsessive Yankees fan, so i had to keep up with how they were doing to monitor his mental health, but now that’s he gone, i really only pay attention when Yankees or Cardinals (my early childhood was spent in Bob Gibson-era St. Louis) go into the post-season.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion of LAM and aliens and whatnot, and i apologize for this digression into wu-wei, LSD, baseball, etc.

Michael Staley
    Participant

I know the picture of Lam well, as does anyone who has read The Blue Equinox. But I remember nothing about how Crowley contacted or drew him, except that it was in the USA.

I’ve never come across anything that Crowley wrote about the drawing, apart from a description that accompanied publication of it in the 1919 Blue Equinox:

“LAM is the Tibetan Word for Way or Path, and LAMA is He Who Goeth, the specific title of the Gods of Egypt, the Treader of the Path, in Buddhistic phraseology. Its numerical value is 71, the number of this book.”

“This book” is a reference to Liber 71, Crowley’s Commentary on Blavatsky’s The Voice of the Silence, a book that he rated very highly indeed. The fact that he published this drawing as a frontispiece to the commentary suggests to me a strong link.

Although Crowley says nothing in print about the origins of this drawing, it seems clear to me that it arose out of the Amalantrah Working of 1918, since the Egg is a recurrent theme throughout many of the visions which comprise the Amalantrah Working. There are a couple in particular that suggest this drawing. It was exhibited in the ‘Dead Souls’ exhibition in New York in early 1919 under the title ‘The Way’.

Crowley referred to this drawing as ‘The Lama’ on at least one occasion. This for instance, from his diary for 8th May 1945:

Aussik [Kenneth Grant] helped a whole lot; gave him “The Lama”

Crowley was referring to the night before, when Crowley had fallen very ill and Grant had had to visit Crowley’s doctor for an emergency prescription of heroin. The gift of the drawing is reflected in an entry in Kenneth Grant’s diary for the same day:

666 gives me the original drawing from Equinox III

I first became interested in Lam in the late 1980s. Kenneth Grant asked me if I could publish ‘A Statement on Lam’ in the forthcoming issue (Vol. I No. 3) of Starfire. I agreed, and he asked if I could write an introduction of one or two pages. Though I was taken aback, having displayed no interest in Lam, I agreed and my interest in Lam grew from there. For me it has become a matter of magical and mystical experience rather than simply intellectual curiousity, though of course the latter has a part to play.

Mayet’s superimposition of the Thoth Atus was very interesting and suggestive, I thought.

I don’t personally pay a lot of attention to the similarity between the drawing of Lam and the appearance of many alien visitors or contact. This is because in my opinion it’s pretty small beer when set alongside the magical and mystical implications. Besides which, I don’t think there’s any “inner” and “outer”, but a continuum. Again my opinion, but I don’t see “alien contact” as concerning little green men from a galaxy a million light years round the corner, so much as protrusions into consciousness.

Shiva
    Participant

MS: … I don’t see “alien contact” as concerning little green men from a galaxy a million light years round the corner, so much as protrusions into consciousness.

The funny thing is, most reports describe them as “gray” or “gray tending toward white.” There are also the reptilians, the insectoids, and the Nordics. The Nordics are said to be the “good guys.” But I wonder where “little green men” originated?

Since I have neither been “abducted” or even “contacted,” I’m not in any position to say … “This is exactly what he/she/they looked like.”

Anyway, thanks for your overview of Lam, which is basically what I knew from my own reading. It’s no wonder that I knew no more, since there doesn’t appear to be more.

As for inner and outer, dual-beam holographic interface, as within so without, a continuum, and the spectrum of consciousness … let’s save that for another thread.

mayet
    Participant

Mayet’s superimposition of the Thoth Atus was very interesting and suggestive, I thought.

Michael, so much perfection in angles and colours. Words are becoming visible, letters, symbols geometric shapes..Lam shows Lion.. it is like a visible opening to the universe of all…

like this one, the tears of a waterfall…

it’s possibly they are not perfect alignment
    It will take time to do that with numbers and combos and apparently movement is on the books.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  mayet.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  mayet.

Michael Staley
    Participant

@shiva

As for inner and outer, dual-beam holographic interface, as within so without, a continuum, and the spectrum of consciousness … let’s save that for another thread.

Personally I think it’s very germane to discussions on Lam, UFOs, extra-terrestrialism, and the like.

But I wonder where “little green men” originated?

Good point. I think the phrase originated a few decades ago, and was used in a mildly derisory manner. It’s kinda stuck with me.

Shiva
    Participant

MS: I think the phrase originated a few decades ago

Little Green Men from Mars were mentioned in the 1950s (I was there and heard the phrase) as a popular term for someone with schizophrenia, and was probably based on whatever leaked out about the Roswell crash (1947).

The Socorro crash of 1945 was covered up really well, and info about that one (the “first” one) didn’t come out until 2003. The witnesses saw living beings “that were not human.” No color or sizes were reported.

ignant666
    Participant

“Little green men” from space was a common enough cultural trope by February, 1957 that Billy Lee Riley And The Little Green Men had a pretty big hit with “Flyin’ Saucers Rock’n’Roll” (today considered a rockabilly classic, and covered by many bands), where we learn that “the little green men were real hep cats”:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_green_men

ignant666
    Participant

Shiva really should find a way to get that Billy Lee Riley And The Little Green Men song into the car song-rotation, as it could not possibly be more up his alley, musically, and lyrically- rockabilly about aliens and UFOs, for X-sakes!

Same guy as the killer classic “Red Hot”- “My gal is red hot, your gal ain’t doodley-squat!”

christibrany
    Participant

Edit: wrong thread 😉

Little green men can also be a reference to soldiers.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  christibrany.

Tiger
    Participant

What you think,
    may be;
    appear
    as true or real;
    may not be.

Things are not seen;
    what is as is,
    others as they really are.

Fears, desires, oriented
    dreaming
    expected
    persuaded
    mechanism.

possibly;
    beyond
    the conditioned;
    accepted;
    something other;
    ensues .

Tiger
    Participant

When AThe discomfort Vortex,
    enters into
    the universe
    of any particular division of it. (7 regions Tri Loka )
    sky water earth
    atmosphere netherworld moment and other.

a portal opens;
    an induction
    into
    an abduction
    happen.

Transformation
    return;
    inferential regions
    expand.

luna s
    Canus

Shiva
    Participant

T: inferential regions … expand.

Didn’t you mean, “Infernal Religions Explode?”

Tiger
    Participant

Yes I and I
    a one a we
    amidst
    the redshifts
    know

mayet
    Participant

If the cards are indeed a conduit then there would be no need for UFO’s just saying

speaking of little green men, @jamiejbarter asked for a definite “thing” in my workings with the layers of thoth and Lam. Since I started I have found so much. Letters and symbols A A is all over the picture the 4 symbol for Jupiter.. every new combination brings depth. Thoth is rich with symbols and letters and .. its alive..

This has been teasing me for days.. I know there is a word there, it didnt narrow down or open. I knew it would eventually so kept doing what I was doing and sure enough eventually a word became clearer. At first I thought mamma or hanna but this one is pretty clear

… HAWK..

(step back a bit and the whole picture comes alive) HAWK surprised me but then I had a blonde moment and realized horus is the hawk headed GOD.

Jamie I am speaking of the green being in the HAWk combination not calling you a little green man 😀

but wait there’s more..

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  mayet.

Shiva
    Participant

Mayet, I personally liked this part of your post on Jul 22:

Lam

Lam (the pic seems to have been abducted).

In that superimposed rendering, I first saw Lam with his ship behind him. Then, slowly “Adjustment” came into focus. This imposing, superimposing project of yours is very interesting.

M: If the cards are indeed a conduit then there would be no need for UFO’s just saying

Aha! A very important point. Direct transmission, or direct contact, through an unrestricted conduit (tunnel, path, connection), This would indicate the ability of a Magister. For those who are less-endowed, there are planes (veils, opacities) that obscure the next “higher” dimension.

Now, any of this illusionary thoughtform factory can slip in and out of the Outer Order, so that people have mixed-up dreams and experiences, seemingly at random, but most probably the genetic makeup and vulnerability tht they inherited. This is what is techinacally-speaking, the Astral Plane. It is controlled (or ucontrolled) by desire.

Once we hit the Causal Plane (Tipareth-Geburah-Chesed), the archetypal inages come into play. The ufo realm seems to come into focus first (Tiphareth); the next layer, Geburah, is Angelic, just like in Dore’s illustrations for Dante’s Adventure; this is followed (at the outermost Chsed realm, where vast dragons and birds are swirling (the battle twixt Set and Horus).

After all that, the interdimensional gateway is opened. Then direct conduit transmission is possible.

Aren’t Leprechauns green … or greenish? If not, they wear little green coats? Is that right.? We need an Irish legendary to weigh in on these points.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.