Home Forums Thelema Thelema Liber Tzaddi – Liber LXV THE BOOK OF THE HEART GIRT WITH A SERPENT

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Tiger
    Participant

@shiva
    Nice that you mention it as a realm .

But can referring to the heart and the serpent help to enter into it or am i barking up the wrong tree ?
    The heart and the serpent reference brought me into an area of it . (but could have been the wrong realm)

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@tiger :

rewind . come again !
    help me study the ting there !

I’m mystified by what is supposed to be the subject matter/ debating point behind this thread. The OP doesn’t provide much elucidation either (above). Are you seeking help with interpreting the text(s), or what?

Also, five consecutive posts: surely this constitutes some sort of a record? (I never quite understand why it is some people feel obliged to profoundly apologize when they even so much as double-post & am glad that you seem to have dispensed with such unnecessary and surplus frivolousness.)

Possibly looking as through a glass darkly?
    Norma N joy Conquest

Tiger
    Participant

It’s a study .
    And i haven’t quite formulated questions yet .
    Any one interested please comment .
    I found Swamiji Nisarg intros helpful , Anyone ?
    Don’t assume everyone knows the basics . i need basics .

pegasus
    Participant

Foggy to the point i had forgotten 1992
    thinks crossing wont happen because a fool

finding already crossed to another realm re 92
    finding renewed memory awesome
    finding created some relevant data long ago

judgement finding wow switched off alright
    judgement not going to simulate same scenario
    judgement someone killed computer one. prob good reasons both sides

question purpely ultra violet of 92 was that just first step?
    question how can one tell if a crystal is man made or natural
    question on sulphur salt and mercury. sulphur urine salt sweat/phlegm mercury blood?

conclusion 1 answer to question of crossing to be answered by experience
    conclusion 2 re creating creation
    conclusion 3 the twins are judgemental after being protected from the world bubble they have their own bubble of bias have only self to blame but still wish miracle would happen in front of them so not so judgemental
    conclusion 4 still waiting for aleister on right of page to move or wink at me or even rock my world and jump through screen to say hi, looks cranky today. I know I know haven’t studied instead played science lab not for result but for learning body

footnote 1 so many questions so little time
    footnote 2 checking swami out now
    footnote 3 never been good at studying to pass tests

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  pegasus.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  pegasus.

lashtal
    Keymaster

Please keep posts relevant to the thread.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

I was trying to find out what the point was behind this thread; Tiger says it’s a study. Very well: as such it appears to examine the points in common between Tzaddi (as Initiation in the New Aeon) and Liber 65 (balance of the 5 elements in the psyche as preparation for K&CHGA). To what end, though?

Marcelo Motta’s commentary (from the very first link given in the OP) which deals with Liber 65 was, at its best, one of the best things he’s written, and Motta at his best could be very insightful indeed & is unfortunately neglected on that score — I can’t imagine either of the Hymenaeii Alpha & Beta of the “O.T.O.” being able to do anything equivalent.

Further queries:
    What type of a Thelemite was Swami N. (if applicable), and wasn’t the “Book of Ma’at” featured, supposedly authored by Crowley, found out to be a phoney?

N Joy

Tiger
    Participant

@Jamie
    To what end, though?

For me that is one of the questions involved which i still haven’t formulated It’s hard for me to get my head around it but on a emerging personal note Tzaddi, The Heart and the Serpent have something to do with it .

Marcelo Motta’s commentary (from the very first link given in the OP) which deals with Liber 65 was, at its best, one of the best things he’s written, and Motta at his best could be very insightful indeed & is unfortunately neglected on that score

Thank you such comments are helpful i will study it some more .
    I wish there was more info on Motta .

What type of a Thelemite was Swami N. (if applicable),
    yes applicable
    i don’t know but his clips are informative from an outsider beginner perspective presenting material in a accessible way for people interested in Tarot, Futhark, and Iching .

“wasn’t the “Book of Ma’at” featured, supposedly authored by Crowley, found out to be a phoney ?”

Interesting good to know such things if true .

@pegasus
    i had a hard time prostituting myself for school and tests
    i probably should a
    but i’m learning

pegasus
    Participant

“wasn’t the “Book of Ma’at” featured, supposedly authored by Crowley, found out to be a phoney ?”

female…. that is all.

love Ma’et.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@tiger :

I wish there was more info on Motta .
    There are bits on him and/or S.O.T.O. in several threads scattered about which your ingenuity might discover. And there’s also several pages by yours truly which you will find here in the Blogs section (nb not the Downloads) under the titles “The O.T.O. since 1973” and “The O.T.O. – Its Relevance Today”.

@pegasus :

female…. that is all.
    I wasn’t aware the author of this phoney book was female? Maybe you’re thinking of the book of Ma’at Magick, by Nema/ Maggie Crosby? That would fit the bill better, and I have also given it a most favourable review somewhere on this site.

F is for Fake,
    N Joy

Tiger
    Participant

@jamie
    Studying Crowley is quite task . i tend to jump all over the place with it . Sometimes places/reads i could not get into suddenly for some reason the read/placewill open up when my head is in the right space and vice versa . The politics is one of my least favorite and turns me off sometimes, i guess it’s the nature of politics that invites corruption . It’s a let down. Anyway you seem like a great resource for that kind of infuse well as other material . Koenig seems to have done a lot of research also as well as Sword of Horus but its all a let down really . I never found the blog but i did read part of chapter 11 and 12 .
    probably half way .

““As to the external organisation [of that very ancient order of sages, whose object is the amelioration and spiritual elevation of mankind, by means of conquering error and aiding men and women in their efforts of attaining the power of recognising the truth], it will be necessary to give a glance at its history, which has been one and the same in all. Whenever that spiritual society manifested itself on the outward plane and appeared in the world, it consisted at its beginning of a few able and enlightened people, forming a nucleus around which others were attracted. But invariably, the more such a society grew in numbers, the more became attracted to its elements, such as were not able to understand or follow its principles; people who joined it for the purpose of gratifying their own ambition or for making the society serve their own ends obtained the majority over those that were pure. Thereupon the healthy portion of it retired from the field and continued their benevolent work in secrecy, while the remaining portion became diseased and disrupted, and sooner or later died disgraced and profaned. For the Spirit had departed from them.” (from the M.’. M.’. M.’. Preamble)1
    <1 See page XXX.>”

what is the M.’. M.’. M.’. Preamble ?
    is the revised second edition of Francis King’s The Secret Rituals of the O.T.O. out yet?

Sorry to get side tracked. There is so much to get lost and sucked into…
    Aleister Crowley the man, the demon, V.V.V.V.V., To Mega Therion, the orders, the students, etc. the list goes on forever .

pegasus
    Participant

to quote hidden Tiger “M.’. M.’. M.’.” what’s that

Magnificent Meal Movement?

Tiger
    Participant

MYSTERIA MYSTICA MAXIMA
    i guess it’s in the manifesto

once freedom from bondage is achieved a
    brotherhood movement ?

Which got corrupted by personal agenda’s ?

Shiva
    Participant

T: But invariably, the more such a society grew in numbers, the more became attracted to its elements, such as were not able to understand or follow its principles; people who joined it for the purpose of gratifying their own ambition or for making the society serve their own ends obtained the majority over those that were pure.

It’s the never-ending, repeating nature of things. We find the invariable corruption sneaking in to politics, religion, and commercial business. That’s why A.’.A.’. is a single chain, with “official” recognition only of mentors and (subsequently) students. All group activities are doomed to fade away in sme form of shame or buse of power.

the list goes on forever

But the list could be so short if only folks would adopt the “chan link” approach. But they just can’t, cannot they? No, they have to spread out and form groups. There’s always a rotten apple in any group. If the apple shows up in a straight line system, then his or her ability to contaminate the “group” is reduced to ashes, or at least they just float away.

Tiger
    Participant

i guess for now i will shorten the list to the holy books .
    unless i meander again .

pegasus
    Participant

night and goodbye guys.. love lost

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.