Home Forums Thelema Magick Magick 2.0

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

elitemachinery
    Participant

(smh) tough crowd here at Lashtal…ha!

I didn’t post here to promote Jason Louv but do appreciate that he is continuing writing about and teaching Magick. I’d like to see more of this from him and others.

@ignant666 said:

Golly, well, now that Louv has been endorsed by the author of BLAST Your Way to Megabuck$ with my SECRET Sex-Power Formula

THIS might be the book i’ve been looking for! 😉

@soz an endorsement by Lon Milo would hold some weight for me. He was another friend of Israel Regardie and strikes as very knowledgeable in his lectures and writings. I didn’t know that he and Jason were friends. Perhaps it’s a west coast thing?

I think if Jason Louv and Lon Milo DuQuette were “in it for the money” they may have chosen the wrong profession.

Judging by the reaction to my suggestion that Magick 2.0 should become a thing, and where these reactions originate from, it’d be safe to say that if Magick 2.0 ever materializes that it will come from the la la land of the West Coast, where everyone who’s anyone sees fairies on a daily basis.

“The West is the best. Get here, we’ll do the rest” – The Doors

“I must either die or get to California.” – Aleister Crowley (Perdurabo)

Funny how Israel Regardie ended up in California too all those years ago…living in the hills above Los Angeles, dropping acid with young admirers of his work that would visit his home. California was a thing there for a while back in the 60’s. Perhaps it’s residents will stoke another revival?

@arthuremerson said:

“I’ll happily join your camp in calling a spade a spade, or in this case, a moron a moron. Only a moron, after all, would…”

Well sir, you should know.

I always get nervous when people start throwing around big words like idiot and moron. Kinda like when someone uses the word “fag” too much. Kinda make you wonder. And arguing about the merits of a book that no one has read does occur to me as a bit “moronic” and “idiotic.”

If any of you would like to speak to a counselor or attend a group introduction I can arrange an Id-Sy meeting in your area.

Until Jason Louv and Lon Milo DuQuette team up to write “Magick 2.0 – The 21st Century Guide To Magick for the A.D.D. Generation” I will continue to study my Crowley books and seek out new information as it becomes available.

I’m especially curious about Jason’s claim that this book explains EVERYTHING. No one has ever offered to explain EVERYTHING to me, including his claim that he will explain what the Apocalypse is all about. Given my claim to be the “One True Beast” I think this is something I should read.

Thanks for the suggestion of Franz Bardon. Another dead guy but his work looks worthy of study.

-das Tier

Michael Staley
    Participant

@elitemachinery

And arguing about the merits of a book that no one has read does occur to me as a bit “moronic” and “idiotic.”

No-one’s “arguing about the merits of a book that no one has read” (though presumably Snall and DuQuette had read it prior to their endorsements). It’s the publicity that has caught the attention. Jason did not have to describe it in the way that he did in his blurb. I mean, a book that purports to explain EVERYTHING . . . Nothing wrong with being ambitious, I suppose.

dom
    Participant

What really did it for me was when i saw some sucker fan-boying Louv last year and providing a YouTube lecture link. On watching it I could tell that this guy Louv just wants a book selling career and isn’t really interested in what he purports to be interested in. In the said video he gives his take on Liber AL’s “Every man and woman is a star” which…wait for it… is about how modern ADD teenagers all have their own Facebook pages and Twitter accounts and are becoming their own little movie stars.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  dom.

elitemachinery
    Participant

@dom said:

..In the said video he gives his take on Liber AL’s “Every man and woman is a star” which…wait for it… is about how modern ADD teenagers all have their own Facebook pages and Twitter accounts and are becoming their own little movie stars.

correction: “Every man and every woman is a star.”

or as I like to say:

“Everyman and EVERY woman is a star.”

Isn’t it terrible that a young writer like Jason Louv would desecrate the sacred text of Liber AL with such a suggestion? We the elite, the upper-class in the hierarchy of enlightenment shall have our say about this no? He seems to suggesting that any damn Joe Blow could be a star, a sovereign individual, a God. Terrible, just terrible.

Unfortunately, kids today are going to “Do What Thou Wilt” with the sacred texts, leaving us old guys to the dust.

Everyman

“Running on Empty”

Richard Wolstencroft talks about his films The Last Days of Joe Blow and The Second Coming – Volume 1

youtube.com/watch?v=UBmQb03WLjY

dom
    Participant

@elitemachinery who said

correction: “Every man and every woman is a star.”
    or as I like to say:
    “Everyman and EVERY woman is a star.”
    Isn’t it terrible that a young writer like Jason Louv would desecrate the sacred text of Liber AL with such a suggestion? We the elite, the upper-class in the hierarchy of enlightenment shall have our say about this no? He seems to suggesting that any damn Joe Blow could be a star, a sovereign individual, a God. Terrible, just terrible.
    Unfortunately, kids today are going to “Do What Thou Wilt” with the sacred texts, leaving us old guys to the dust.

No sensible person here appears to care how old Louv is. An idiot could be 99 or 19 and still spout garbage. You appear to be attributing wisdom to him by dint of his age. Face it, you’re just a fan-boy of this schmuck. Have you even checked out Crowley’s Liber O and Liber E?

By the way this from Louv’s blurb of the Dee book;
    So why have we never heard of this crucial figure in the history of science and geopolitics? Because Dee spent the second half of his career attempting to construct a religious and scientific method for contacting angels. With the help of a disreputable, criminal psychic named Edward Kelley, he succeeded

Note who this is aimed at. People who don’t know who John Dee was. Lol. Crucial figure in science. Yeah sure, move over Cavendish, Newton and Lavoisier….oh wait that was the century after Dee.

With the help of a disreputable, criminal psychic named Edward Kelley, he succeed

So Kelley was disreputable and criminal…..like the term ‘disreputable’ fails to cover the ‘criminal’ aspect. Ha.

It’s clear that Louv is attempting to seize the opportunist to appeal to gullible idiots of a particular age-bracket (ahem, no names mentioned) hence his whole marketing bait-angle of “new book on magic for the modern audience” type of spiel. It’s more embarrassing than loathsome.

elitemachinery
    Participant

@dom said:

An idiot could be..

Hmm, there we go again those big words. Sounds like you might need a meeting?

and:

It’s clear that Louv is attempting to seize the opportunist to appeal to gullible idiots of a particular age-bracket (ahem, no names mentioned)

As card carrying member of Id-Sy since 2010 I take no offense.

dom
    Participant

Note that Cavendish and Lavoisier were more than a century after Dee.

Anyway, yeah thanks and that “opportunist” is a typo. Yeah i’m also an idiot….however setting myself up as a magic teacher for so many $$$s would raise my idiocy to an even higher power, mathematically speaking. Dee was a mathematician and never really a scientific experimenter. He instead became more bogged down with “looking for the secrets of nature” via trance mediums, gullibility and astrology. Maybe you could email your hero and ask him to explain his error by posting on this site.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.