Home Forums Thelema Thelema Male dominated forum. Why? How?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Tiger
    Participant

Well i figure the the old aeon is not dead yet and The New Aeon is still infant .

People pander in order to be approved of, and admired.
    Prostitute themselves for money and power .
    Market ideology like god created Eve for adam, and not the other way around etc sorta thing .
    and Hearts and minds are still enslaved .

dom
    Participant

Some good points here on the possible how and why, thanks.

wellreadwellbred
    Participant

(OP) dom: “A simple question. Male dominated forum. Why? How?”

Why: Being scared, for example by words in the Holy Books of Thelema like:

“12. Sacrifice cattle, little and big: after a child.” “24. The best blood is of the moon, monthly: then the fresh blood of a child, […].” “25. This burn: of this make cakes & eat unto me. …”. (Source: The Book of the Law (Chapter III, verse 12, 24, and 25.)
    or, “21. Then again the master shall speak as he will soft words, and with music and what else he will bring forward the Victim. 22. Also he shall slay a young child upon the altar, and the blood shall cover the altar with perfume as of roses.” (Source: Liber 66, verse 21 and 22.)

How: By avoiding what scares them.

ignant666
    Participant

Thank you, Captain Obvious; see several posts above saying the same re AC’s sexism as potentially off-putting to many women, albeit more cogently.

Re quote #1: Do you (wrwb) actually imagine women generally view menstrual blood as “what scares them”?

Re quotes #1 & #2: Or is it that you (wrwb) actually imagine that heterosexual women generally view male ejaculation (the activity described in the verses you quote, as you perfectly well know) as “what scares them”?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  ignant666.

wellreadwellbred
    Participant

Many uninformed female readers reading certain words (“Sacrifice cattle, little and big: after a child.”, “Also he shall slay a young child upon the altar”) in those quoted verses are likely to find them scary and/or creepy. And many of them are likely to dislike the tone of humor or irony behind those words, if the meaning of those words are explained to them.

dom
    Participant

Many uninformed female readers reading certain words (“Sacrifice cattle, little and big: after a child.”, “Also he shall slay a young child upon the altar”) in those quoted verses are likely to find them scary and/or creepy. And many of them are likely to dislike the tone of humor or irony behind those words, if the meaning of those words are explained to them.

I think you’re missing it all here. We’re not talking about Sarah Palin types are we? We’re talking about women who are basically Thelemites or would-be Thelemites.

wellreadwellbred
    Participant

(OP) dom: “A simple question. Male dominated forum. Why? How?”

dom: “We’re talking about women who are basically Thelemites or would-be Thelemites.”

Now I know more precisely who that can answer your simple question.

ignant666
    Participant

Do you, wrwb, say this because you think women are more easily scared than men, or because you think women are more stupid than men, or because you think women are less capable of understanding irony than men, or is is it that you think women in general lack a sense of humor?

Would “uninformed” male readers react differently, in your view? Why do you think that this is so, if yes?

Are “female readers” more likely to be “uninformed”, in your judgement, wrwb? I assume you have to answer “yes” to offer the reactions of “uninformed female readers” to AC’s work to explain the dearth of female posters here.

We all, “female readers” and “male readers” alike, started out “uninformed”, after all.

wellreadwellbred
    Participant

This is beside dom’s point with this thread. As far as I understand, dom’s “A simple question. Male dominated forum. Why? How?”, pertains to “… women who are basically Thelemites or would-be Thelemites.”

Please tell me if I am mistaken, dom.

ignant666
    Participant

Now that we have clarified that your last several posts somehow don’t count or something, wrwb, can you clarify “who that can answer [david/dom’s] simple question”, as you say you “know” in post #108808 above?

Or could you perhaps even tell us the answer to his “simple question” since you know it “more precisely” now, and have now clarified that your last several posts before david’s weren’t actually your answer to his question?

Please note that if your answer is that few women are “basically Thelemites or would-be Thelemites” that i already pointed this out at post #108755 above on the last page.

Michael Staley
    Participant

@wellreadwellbred

This is beside dom’s point with this thread. As far as I understand, dom’s “A simple question. Male dominated forum. Why? How?”, pertains to “… women who are basically Thelemites or would-be Thelemites.”

Good way of avoiding the question.

wellreadwellbred
    Participant

My impression is that dom’s question pertains to “… women who are basically Thelemites or would-be Thelemites.”, or more precisely “… women who are basically Thelemites or would-be Thelemites.” and also members of this site.

Correct me if I am wrong here, dom.

ignant666
    Participant

While we wait for his possible correction, can you please, wrwb, explain why you think few women post here, since you have posted five (5) times in this thread now, and have now clarified that none of what you posted before is your real answer?

Tiger
    Participant

women love mysteries and puzzles
    man need look no further his will is found in her of course
    If he gets sidetracked bringing the kill home that’s fine

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

I think wrwrb is trying to say that all women, Thelemites or not, are basically at heart a bunch of silly flibbertigibbet little scaredy-cats. Or sommat like that. Isn’t that right, wrwb?

N Joy

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Jamie J Barter. Reason: heat stroke
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.