Home Forums Thelema Thelema Male dominated forum. Why? How?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Shiva
    Participant

At our core, both men and women, are nothing but a Star. There is no difference.

Out here, at the Malkuthian periphery of life in hard matter, there are a multitude of differences. Yes, the manly arts of combat are usually preferred by men, and the ladies have softer interests … usually. This is all true, from my contemporary perspective.

It’s the “high magick” insertion that might need polishing. “High Magick” is Magick used only for spiritual union and perhaps the “doing of one’s Will.” It does not apply to strictly ceremonial engagement, nor to hexing one’s neighbor’s cow (or goat). It’s a tricky term (“High”), and I believe it was invented by new-agers. It’s not a common Thelemic term, but we all know what it means, right?

It is a synonym for “White,” as in “White Magic,” or “White Brotherhood,” and is not related to “White-Washing.”

runelogix
    Participant

At our core, both men and women, are nothing but a Star. There is no difference.

Yes well I am sure they are carbon based life forms with a certain chemical make up that have differences and that are important and all of which directly reflects why their are fewer women on this forum.

runelogix
    Participant

Thank you so much for this incisive demonstration of your superiority to us weak lefty knaves.

Noted and cheers!

You do realize that you are posting on a UK site, and that the majority of posters here are not Americans, right?

That is unimportant to the TOPIC of why fewer women than men and further why would anyone care if you lived there or anywhere else? This is an Internet “forum” that anyone can join for any reason.

As one of the Americans who post here, and a card-carrying Weak Lefty Knave, I think you may be a bit over-optimistic in thinking your God-Emperor won’t be in prison, or in exile in Moscow, by the time of the 2020 election.

Cool story bro.

Anyway, on to your, um, thoughts: Most men are of course not interested in “high magick”, or the work of AC either.

Reading comprehension time: “Male dominated forum. Why? How?”

What would “high magick” have in common with MMA, being a soldier, or wiring up things, other than being preferred by manly men like yourself? All just too “abstract” for the ladies’ tiny minds, in your view?

I don’t know where you get so many sexist thought crimes Brother but you should really check your privilege before assuming my gender or anything else about me!

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  runelogix.

ignant666
    Participant

Since i realize you are a little slow: I mentioned this is non-US forum in connection with your desire to “laugh in [our collective weak leftist knave] face as [you] vote for Trump a second time”- many non-Americans might find this a peculiar thing to say, since they are not very likely to be affronted by the voting habits of folks in countries they don’t live in.

Again, very slowly for the slow-of-comprehension:

1) The question we are discussing is why few women post here.

2) You reply that most women are not interested in topics discussed here (in a manner that makes evident you don’t much understand what topics are discussed here).

3) I point out that neither are most men.

4) You fail to realize that this is a cogent point, because you do not understand that saying “few women are interested in X” doesn’t explain a discrepancy in posting here if few of either gender are interested in X.

A thing that is common to two sets cannot explain a difference between those sets.

Now, f you were to say “While interest in ‘high magick’ is very uncommon among either men or women, it is even more uncommon among women, because …”, you might be stating an argument relevant to the discussion the adults are having here.

As to your belief i am “assuming” you are male: Yeah, sure, lots of women spend their time posting infantile sexist twaddle on forums. I don’t need to “assume” that you are male, any more than i need to assume that you are incapable of thinking very clearly, or to assume that you write like a junior high student. I just need to read your posts.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  ignant666.
    • This reply was modified 9 months ago by  ignant666.

Michael Staley
    Participant

@runelogix

I don’t know where you get so many sexist thought crimes Brother

Just a stab in the dark, but I doubt that ignant666 is your “Brother” in any size, shape or form.

Political leanings are not an issue on this website, so your aggressive tone towards others who have different polical leanings to yours is inappropriate and uncalled for.

runelogix
    Participant

Just a stab in the dark, but I doubt that ignant666 is your “Brother” in any size, shape or form.

I bet this isn’t a real “stab in the dark” either but I can at least converse in a respectful manner. And yes he is not my brother, but I find it a nice way to chat with someone. I could of used the informal “bro” but elected to capitalized Brother in respect for the man’s age, capisce?

Political leanings are not an issue on this website, so your aggressive tone towards others who have different polical leanings to yours is inappropriate and uncalled for.

I bear no one with political leanings one way or another ill will. My apologize to anyone inclined to think otherwise it is certainly lack of understanding on my part as all my posts are satire and should not be taken seriously.

PS- I’m not Italian either.

Shiva
    Participant

rl: … anyone can join for any reason.

Trolling, phishing, posting free copies of copyrighted material, selling drugs, etc are all reasons that will get an offender banished.

Pomposity, personal attacks, squabbling are reasons you can get by with, but not for long. Except for NormaN, who “gets away with” baiting and “personal attacks” with impunity.

Contemporary politics is particularly divisive and we hardly ever see it. It’s sort of like a separation twixt Church and State.

Tiger
    Participant

Political leanings are not an issue on this website

ignorant sidewalk superintendants running for the office of the Dali lama getting the whole world to lollipop gag .

Equinox Volime V No1 pg 21

Tiger
    Participant

that’s
    Equinox Volime V No1 pg 21
    not quoted

just to clear up any confusion .
    so go read .

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

NormaN, who “gets away with” baiting and “personal attacks” with impunity.

Nonsense, my dear Shiva. My stance with everybody, as you surely know by now from personal experience, is never pre-emptive and solely Blue Magickal (q.v.) and in fact I answer back to you now with exactly the same response which Mel Brooks gives to all those critics who accuse him of allowing bad taste to otherwise spoil his film-making:

With the bras d’honneur,
    N joy

dom
    Participant

Nice application of sentential logic there Ignant.

christibrany
    Participant

Runelogix did seem to start off rough for sure. I think he has learnt his lesson.

In regards to men and women and magick and mysticism I think I have met more men into them for sure, not sure why. My wife was curious for a bit but not enough to try and learn. She told me after watching me do a few things and some readings, that she didn’t feel she had the discipline to sit still so long or memorise long things. That was just her though, so I can’t speak for everyone.

I have a good friend who is in a lodge of co-Masonry (A.U.M.(, and his lodge has a few females but from what I could tell it was majority men as well.

In regards to political leanings I don’t think it’s really prescient but since it was brought up that Runelogix assumed we were all ‘leftists’ or whatever he said, I am not. I am almost always firmly centre or centre right when I have taken a lot of political quizzes. c’est la vie.

dom
    Participant

In regards to political leanings I don’t think it’s really prescient but since it was brought up that Runelogix assumed we were all ‘leftists’ or whatever he said, I am not. I am almost always firmly centre or centre right when I have taken a lot of political quizzes. c’est la vie.

He said “leftist knaves” which is a conflation really about leftism and knavery. What is leftism anyway? Maybe Runelogix would lie to define it?

christibrany
    Participant

It’s when you are left handed and only allow yourself to take left-hand turns and perhaps also practise purely Left-Hand Path magick, whatever that may be. I don’t really believe in left or right in regards to magick these days. It’s all related like together ‘maaaaan’. I think.

Tiger
    Participant

A leftist knave is one that legislates and allows for the process of sucking the wealth of the earth up, spreading the risk, underwriting and socializing the loss . Trickling it down and using the marginalized poor so that they can steal from the rich and gives a 15% cut of the goods to the disadvantaged .

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.