Michael Bertiaux - Ontological Graffitti (Deluxe Edition, Limited, Signed)  

RSS

azrael2393
(@azrael2393)
24/07/2019 12:44 pm  

[Moderator's Note: Link to eBay auction deleted.]

lashtal
(@lashtal)
Owner and Editor Admin
24/07/2019 9:58 pm  

From the Guidelines:

The site must not be used to draw attention to online auctions under any circumstances (e.g. eBay): submissions relating to Auctions will be deleted.

Owner and Editor
LAShTAL

ReplyQuote
Shiva
(@shiva)
24/07/2019 11:41 pm  

Az ... I think you can offer the book in FOR SALE AND WANTED, but you have to set a price. I believe this is in harmony with the Guidelines.

This [^] Message is posted as a public service, and (due to the shifting database of time and warps) the poster assumes no authority, responsibility, or accuracy of the Message.

ReplyQuote
Jamie J Barter
(@jamiejbarter)
25/07/2019 2:46 pm  

This [^] Message is posted as a public service, and (due to the shifting database of time and warps) the poster assumes no authority, responsibility, or accuracy of the Message.

That may well be, and the intentions of the poster thoroughly noble, selfless and public-spirited & all that, but "must not be used to draw attention to online auctions under any circumstances" is demonstrably absolutely final (as in, "the editor's [or webmaster's] decision is final"). That's pretty definitively black & white. No shades of grey (gray?) at all: there is no law beyond the letter of the law.

I am not usually an advocate for unpleasant, unyielding blind authoritarianism, but as many upstanding law-abiding citizens like to constantly remind us, the rules are the rules (as in, "the Guidelines" are "the Guidelines").** No exceptions. No (room for any) argument. No quarter.

No no no no no no no*
Norma N Joy Conquest

* As in, channelling Ben Kingsley as Don Logan in Sexy [n.b., not Great Wild] Beast, q.v.

P.S., The asking price for it does seem very expensive for a book, all the same...

** (Edit): I hasten to point out that this should not be regarded as an intended criticism of the Guidelines, which are practical and sensible and consequently ought to be adhered to.

ReplyQuote
azrael2393
(@azrael2393)
29/07/2019 5:19 pm  

Was not aware of the guidelines. Will refrain to post in the future.

ReplyQuote
Shiva
(@shiva)
29/07/2019 6:04 pm  

az: Will refrain to post in the future.

You need not "refrain." Simply read the Guidelines, refrain from laying trails to eBay, then post to your heart's content, listing all merchandise with your price.

ReplyQuote
Share: