Home Forums Community Submissions Mirror, mirror…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 148 total)
  • Author

mal
    Participant

The dialogue sounds a little Shakespearean to me and I could imagine it being stated dramatically by a character in a play.

In a manner of Eleusinian spirit at the heart of a tempestuous affair.
    How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world, That has such people in ‘t!

Shiva
    Participant

em: if this lay monk thing means I can actually get laid and still be spiritual then count me in sign me up.

I intended no Oath or Practice of Chivalry, no, Chastity, in my “lay monk” term. Lay (in this case) merely means the “brother” is not ordained, he’s still a civilian. Many sex, er, sects of monks (East & West) are not celibate. Sign here: (X)_________________.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@elitemachinery :

The reactions/rumors/sneering were immediate and highly critical even coming from close friends. Other friends were convinced I was playing a joke. […]
    But you surely weren’t expecting anyone to gasp with immediate realisation and genuflect at the knee, though? Seriously what was/ is your best (most optimistic) expectation of a positive reaction from those not your (close) friends?

The fact that my MT ego was not strong at the time due to years being known as Joe Blow, I think this was an important part of the process and made it easier to accept this “assignment.”
    Not saying you might’ve self destructed, but did you have any choice in the matter there Jim (I mean, Mike!)?

Looking at things from a different tack, what do you think is the meaning of this in this incarnation of yours, as far as you know? For instance, do you have any sort of a “message” (e.g. an update of Liber II) for people, or is it all just an entertaining diversion for you and way of passing away the time?

Incidentally, it should be noted that verses 56 to 58 of Cap 2 of Liber AL as quoted refer to the viewpoint of Hadit the infinitesimally small, and not to any personality of A.C. or The Beast or whatever.

Yours inquiringly
    Norma N Joy Conquest

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Jamie J Barter. Reason: mission statement

elitemachinery
    Participant

@shiva said:

I intended no Oath or Practice of Chivalry, no, Chastity, in my “lay monk” term. Lay (in this case) merely means the “brother” is not ordained, he’s still a civilian. Many sex, er, sects of monks (East & West) are not celibate. Sign here: (X)_________________.

Calling my bluff so quickly? Thanks for clarifying. All my experiences with religion have been accompanied by vows of celibacy or a strict governing of sex and it’s expression. Probably designed to frustrate the hell out of me and eventually sling me the other way.

From early life as a Catholic (baptized February 1965 – the only religion I was formally baptized into) then my mother joined the Jehovah’s Witnesses in 1971 when I was 6 yrs old and for the next eight years (until I was 14 or so) I studied the bible and tried not to abuse myself too much lol while preaching door to door (hated it) and giving short sermons before the church based on biblical chapters (as all young men do in JW.)

But I was never baptized as a JW so I only really consider the Catholic status to be valid and I continue to use it when asked.

[My 29th birthday party at DOME – The Inner Guide Meditation Center 1994. That’s me in the center with dyed blond hair and Edwin on the right looking into the camera.]

From age 15-18 I had no religion in my life but found myself buying books on transcendental meditation and listening to self-help philosophers on the radio.

Incidentally, my mother recently told me that my father named me after the archangel Michael. He had an epiphany before my birth and that was that. He even wrote a song before my birth. The “Michael Sean” song.

“He’d buy us a drink if he could talk and do us a jig if he could walk. He’s here, he’s here, Michael Sean is here. He’s come, he’s come, Michael Sean has come.” – “Michael Sean” song by Edward Tierney written 1964 before my birth.

[frater micro tyranny in front of the Wonderland murder house January 2013. I had started the Aleister blog and was starting to get into character. (Really I was just hungover and coked out while being interviewed for the Joe Blow documentary.) My father built these four homes in 1960. We lived in one of them for a time in the late 60’s and rented the other ones to other families. Wonderland homes = Wonderland Holmes. It’s another part of the riddle. “Four on the floor” the murders were called.”]

I suppose the Catholic baptism and being named Michael after the archangel are some sort of deep cover covert asset code name thing LOL?!

Or else perhaps Michael and the Great Beast are in fact the same thing?!

And the final battle of Revelation is a personal inner battle where Michael conquers the Great Beast within and creates order (after chaos) in his world?!

Hehe. Okay, I’m only half joking. The synchronicities are hard to ignore.

We’ll see. But I think people take the bible too seriously. It’s written in metaphor. The battles and apocalyptic stuff are for the most part an inner process I believe. One that each individual has to contend with.

For now I will stick with “I’m just Joe Blow and I didn’t do nuffin dont know nuffin didnt see nuffin dont remember nuffin.”

“I hope i’m not too messianic, or a trifle too Satanic” – Mick Jaggar

Again, what the hell did I get myself into?!

Back to Edwin. He considered his life’s mission to introduce people to their Holy Guardian Angels. He initiated and worked with many thousands of people. 5,000 to 10,000 as I recall. He also initiated other people as “initiators” in a two week course at the center. I took this course in 1986 and began initiating friends into the Inner Guide Meditation system.

But I was perfectly happy taking an invisible and supporting role in Edwin’s life’s work.

I believe this may be how it works. One life you pioneer something, then next life you support others in their efforts to take it to the next level.

No titles or grades were ever handed out. But I did formally call Edwin my master and teacher. It was made clear to me by my inner archetypes that my role was to be of service and be supportive. I never had any ambition to take over the DOME center or ascend to any guru or master status. Nor do I today.

[I lived and worked at the DOME center for a year in 1992-1993 and here is a picture of my bedroom at the time.]

But I didn’t like the infighting and politics of living at the center and I didn’t like being shit on by petty tyrants who thought themselves of a more lofty status than I. So after a year I retreated back to living alone.

..to be continued.

elitemachinery
    Participant

During these years and throughout most of my 20s I made a living driving a dump truck hauling heavy materials dirt and trash. This provided me enough income and freedom to give time to DOME center and take breaks for LSD trips, weekend retreats, etc.

Call me Mr. Trash” is what my ad said in the local papers. I got lots of work as a truck driver and the work was very physical, dirty, and invigorating. I liked it. But eventually grew tired of it. Hauling garbage, dirt, concrete, constructions debri etc.

[Here is a picture at DOME center in 2001. I was the permanent dish washer at DOME in exchange for delicious and free macrobiotic meals. I was there for several nice dinners with the Weiser’s in the late 80s when Ed’s book was about to be published.]

[My poem “Make Love and Make War” written in 1991 or so and published in DOME’s quarterly zine/journal. At the time I wrote this I had no idea about Crowley’s work, True Will, Thelema, or the Book of the Law. I knew nothing about it. Period. I wouldn’t know really anything about Crowley’s work until 2010.]

NOTE ABOVE: “The love is heart the war is will”

..to be continued.

elitemachinery
    Participant

[Edwin C. Steinbrecher from an early version of his book, late 70s. It was around this time Francis Ford Coppola paid him to write a tarot scene for Apocalypse Now. Can you see the influence Edwin may have had on the Brando character? Edwin told me Eleanor “Ellie” Coppola called him from the Phillipines upset that Brando arrived for work horribly overweight and couldn’t fit into any military garb and didn’t look at all like a soldier. Edwin suggested shooting Brando in shadows and dressing him differently.]

[Edwin’s last letter to friends before his death in 2002. (This can viewed at archive.org Wayback Machine by searching “dome-igm.com” the old website of DOME meditation center.]

NOTE ABOVE: “The classes and worshops at DOME will continue to be presented by….Michael Tierney, astrologer, I-ching counselor, and Inner Guide Meditation Initiator…”

..to be continued (I have some work to do on a website i’m doing for a friend..I will check back later.)

Shiva
    Participant

em: All my experiences with religion have been accompanied by vows of celibacy or a strict governing of sex and it’s expression.

This [^] is one of those Universal Principles: “Cultures may vary in their approach to sexual regulation (in Ancient AEgypt one had to marry his sister; today, it’s strictly forbidden almost everywhere), but ALL of them do claim the right to establish and enforce such laws.”
    -paraphrased from The Crystal Chip Directory

Everywhere and anywhere we go, the sexual rules may vary. But there’s always some rule of law in place. Except for Sodom, Go-more-ah, Tijuana, and The Abbey of Thelema, which you can understand were/are purposely unregulated.

This is all clearly the 4th neurocircuit, called Socio-Sexual, and generally referred to as cultural bias. Look for it in yourself at your nearest Netzach.

preaching door to door (hated it)

“Argue not, convert not, talk not overmuch.”
    – paraphrased from Liber AL

Your experience was impressed, programmed behavior based on illusion. No wonder it didn’t appeal to you. This “knocking on doors in order to convert” practice only appeals to those who think they’re earning their way into the 144,000 that will be saved. Both in the Bible and in general new-age icons, they are sheep, trying to gather other stray sheep into the fold.

Although AL tells Therion/us? not to convert, but merely to give a copy of AL to anyone we meet (even AC didn’t do this) and let them decide to join up or bugger off, we find instruction in AC’s writings about how to extend Thelema into dominance in the world. In OTO, one was/is? supposed to bring two new members into the fold before advancing to the II*. In A.’.A.’., one is supposed to have linked up with a “successor” before advancing to the next degree (relaxed in the early stages, strictly enforced at higher levels).

Another Universal Principle is at work here: Beginning aspirants are almost always infused with the first scraps of devotion/results/satori/exhilaration that they feel compelled to rally others to their newly-discovered flagpole.

Again, what the hell did I get myself into?!

U.G. Krishnamurti has the answer: “You should thoroughly beat your parents for getting you into this mess.”

I believe this may be how it works. One life you pioneer something, then next life you support others in their efforts to take it to the next level.

Here I would consider caution. The words “believe” and “may” are too tentative. The Universal Principle involved will adjust one’s ongoing experiences through time according to what is needed next. Several generations or lives may lie fallow, while others simply pick up where the thread last ended. Your concept is correct in that perspectives and positions may vary, but not necessarily in a string yin-yang pattern.

But I didn’t like the infighting and politics of living at the center and I didn’t like being shit on by petty tyrants who thought themselves of a more lofty status than I.

This is another Universal Principle (you are identifying them nicely and correctly; there is evidence that you were undergoing the Labors of Hercules – cleaning out the stables being one of them): “ALL Outer Orders are filled with infighting, back-stabbing, competitive engagements, and assorted squabbling.”

This is because there really is no spiritual harmony in the Outer Order (of any lineage or constitution) because everybody is still working on the alignment of their kama-manas (“desire-mind”). It’s all ego dominance and cultural bias, with various subconscious complexes thrown in.

As AC wrote: “It’s a circus, a blaring of trumpets and the roar of elephants. But you must go through this.”
    – liberally paraphrased from a dim memory

I got lots of work as a truck driver and the work was very physical, dirty, and invigorating

This is doing the Work at the bottom level. We all did this sort of thing in Solar Lodge. You would have fit in quite nicely.

Analysis and Commentary to be continued … when the thread continues … after you build your friend’s website … maybe … or not.

The battles and apocalyptic stuff are for the most part an inner process I believe. One that each individual has to contend with.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Shiva.

ignant666
    Participant

U.G. Krishnamurti has the answer: “You should thoroughly beat your parents for getting you into this mess.”

Or, as UK poet Philip Larkin explained,

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
    They may not mean to, but they do.
    They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/48419/this-be-the-verse

Also explained in West Side Story,

Shiva
    Participant

I missed commenting on this one: em: The battles and apocalyptic stuff are for the most part an inner process I believe. One that each individual has to contend with.

I would agree to agree with this concept. It coincides with certain viewpoints associated with Ch III of AL, which is pretty fierce in many places.

This is also a safe presumption. If one were to go out and start slaying the low men, one would get headlines about one’s capture or death suggesting “terrorist.”

But this presumption is overshadowed by the Universal Principle of As Within, so Without. That’s a modification of As Above, so Below. Same principle.

Yet this realization is only perceived at Tiphareth. Below that, it may occur as a fleeting insight, or as a belief, but it’s not really operative. Way up above (think Binah, the buddhic plane), there’s no harmonization of inner and outer, no reflection of up/down, in/out. Up there, one IS those opposites, combined, and one (no one? Nemo doesn’t differentiate between black or white hands?) cannot avoid taking responsibility for whatever is taking place. ALL phenomena = God adds or deducts it to/from your cosmic bank account.

How’d we ever get into this mess?

elitemachinery
    Participant

@shiva said:

This is also a safe presumption.

That is my intention. To be safe. I’ve had some hellish episodes with this project especially early on. I am always looking for the happy ending (in more ways than one) which may or may not be forthcoming. I’m always hoping the worst is over and we can all be friends. This is a bit of weakness on my part. I want it all to be ok for everyone. This may be wishful thinking.

But this presumption is overshadowed by the Universal Principle of As Within, so Without. That’s a modification of As Above, so Below. Same principle.

Yes.

Way up above (think Binah, the buddhic plane), there’s no harmonization of inner and outer, no reflection of up/down, in/out. Up there, one IS those opposites, combined, and one (no one? Nemo doesn’t differentiate between black or white hands?) cannot avoid taking responsibility for whatever is taking place.

I began the Aleister In Wonderland blog in July of 2010 (sun in cancer) and soon after retired from the adult biz and left for Asia.

Newly retired with my pockets full of cash I continued studying and blogging. It was uncanny watching the riddle unfold before my eyes over the next few months into early 2011.

At the same the Arab Spring was taking off on this same side of the world and quickly building steam from mid-2010 into 2011.

I was in a very high state of awareness/consciousness during this time and felt a great connection with my HGA.

In early January 2011 right as Kenneth Grant died I had some very good talks with my HGA. These “talks” helped me unravel the riddle more and gave me insights into my life. They weren’t really “talks” but telepathic communications. In this heightened state I needed only a word or two from my HGA to trigger an avalanche of insights.

These meetings with my HGA continued on and off and daily for about about two weeks (January 8-22, 2011 approx.) and culminated with me invoking Baphomet. This invocation immediately caused a huge rift with my landlord when my Baphomet statue came alive in his presence a few hours later.

By alive I mean my cast iron statue snarled and snorted and blew steam out of its nostrils, it’s wings flapped, and it sent out about ten visible currents of electricity in violent archs, physically paralyzing my landlord for about 5 seconds. He cowered and groaned flailing his arms until Baphomet let go.

It happened.

My landlord was terrified but said nothing. As soon as the electrical currents streaming from Bapohomet subsided and let go of him, he slowly walked backwards out of my apartment never taking his eye off of me, his mouth agape in shock. He did not say a word.

This is when things started getting really weird.

The heat was on. I had to leave town quickly and ended up in Burma entering the country on January 25, 2011 right as the Egyptian revolution in Cairo was peaking.

[my passport stamp as I entered Burma Jan 25,2011]

“The Egyptian Revolution of 2011 (Revolution of 25 of January), also known as the Lotus Revolution, was a diverse movement of demonstrations, marches, occupations, non-violent civil resistance, acts of civil disobedience and labor strikes which took place following a popular uprising that began on 25 January 2011. Millions of protesters from a variety of socio-economic and religious backgrounds demanded the overthrow of the regime of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. There were also important Islamic, liberal, anti-capitalist, nationalist, and feminist currents of the revolution. Violent clashes between security forces and protesters resulted in at least 846 people killed and 100,000 injured.”

Needless to say I retired Baphomet soon afterward and I do not mess around with these practices any more.

…to be continued.

elitemachinery
    Participant

@shiva said:

This [^] is one of those Universal Principles: “Cultures may vary in their approach to sexual regulation (in Ancient AEgypt one had to marry his sister; today, it’s strictly forbidden almost everywhere), but ALL of them do claim the right to establish and enforce such laws.”
    -paraphrased from The Crystal Chip Directory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKWNifVQuhU

@elitemachinery said:

@shiva said:

Here I would consider caution. The words “believe” and “may” are too tentative. The Universal Principle involved will adjust one’s ongoing experiences through time according to what is needed next. Several generations or lives may lie fallow, while others simply pick up where the thread last ended. Your concept is correct in that perspectives and positions may vary, but not necessarily in a string yin-yang pattern.

I didn’t state this very well. Your point taken.

I’m trying to say that when new concepts or things are being pioneered in any field the baton is sometimes passed to another more capable team member while the other team member takes a needed break.

Edwin only mentioned Crowley once or twice. And there was a clear and obvious attempt to distance himself from Crowley’s notorious reputation. But I couldn’t help feeling that Edwin was very influenced by Crowley and that Crowley and he were cut from the same cloth. Edwin had taken many of Crowley’s teachings and made them his own, discarding the rest.

Edwin, like Crowley, was very driven in his life’s mission to introduce the world to the HGA’s. He was very precise in his methods and writings and was attempting to make contacting the HGA accessible to anyone through his book and teachings.

On the other hand, although I was invited into DOME and quickly rose the ranks, I could take it or leave it. Glad to be supportive, but not really interested in taking Edwin’s concepts to the next level.

[Aleister Crowley (left), Edwin Steinbrecher (right) both about mid-60s in age]

elitemachinery
    Participant

@jamiejbarter said:

But you surely weren’t expecting anyone to gasp with immediate realisation and genuflect at the knee, though? Seriously what was/ is your best (most optimistic) expectation of a positive reaction from those not your (close) friends?

Naturally, I knew the path ahead would be long and arduous. I knew I would be laughed at, mocked etc. I didn’t expect anyone to “believe me” (unless they were clinically challenged.) I wasn’t afraid of what would come I was just happy to have a new project to move forward with in life. But I must admit some of the comments and putdowns from close friends did sting a bit.

[experpt below is from the Aleister In Wonderland blog about section posted on January 10, 2011 – see archive.org aleisterinwonderland/about]

-begin quote-

“I expect that at times I may be misunderstood, reviled, mocked, disregarded, or laughed at as a fool. But please try to see past the obvious attempt at self-aggrandizement this assertion could appear to be.”

“I do enjoy a good laugh, so please, help yourself. It is not without risk that I make this claim, and if I become convinced otherwise at some point, I will gladly remove my stake.”

-end quote-

@jamiejbarter continues:

Not saying you might’ve self destructed, but did you have any choice in the matter there Jim (I mean, Mike!)?

Yes I did self-destruct somewhat. It was all part of my downward spiral and exit from the adult biz. It was all perfect really. No I had no choice. But the path forward at least for the short term was clear and full of possibilities. It was time to get out of adult and start the new project. It took me nine months to save the money I needed and do just that. Upon my exit I received an unexpected royalty check for $22,000. This confirmed for me that I was on the right path. A nice kick in the arse for my next venture forward.

Looking at things from a different tack, what do you think is the meaning of this in this incarnation of yours, as far as you know? For instance, do you have any sort of a “message” (e.g. an update of Liber II) for people, or is it all just an entertaining diversion for you and way of passing away the time?

Hmm, how about “Do What Thou Wilt?”

I’m not entertaining myself. I find myself challenged by the riddle and the prospect of accomplishing something truly impossible. This is work. But I do think the best path forward may be entertainment in the form of a book and/or movie or art project. All of the above. Ultimately, I’d like this story to be known and shared, and that it add a chapter to the myth of Aleister Crowley. If in the process people are introduced to Edwin’s work or Aleister’s work or Liber Legis and the Holy Guardian Angels then all the better.

Incidentally, it should be noted that verses 56 to 58 of Cap 2 of Liber AL as quoted refer to the viewpoint of Hadit the infinitesimally small, and not to any personality of A.C. or The Beast or whatever.

Yes thank you. I’m still learning about the Book. Still studying. I read it often. But I do reserve the right to quote from Liber AL liberally in dealing with trolls.

@elitemachinery said:

Needless to say I retired Baphomet soon afterward and I do not mess around with these practices any more.

[Las Vegas 2013 – Baphomet and the magick wand and magick devil ring I inherited from DOME. One last photo op before retiring them to a drawer.]

@shiva said:

This is also a safe presumption. If one were to go out and start slaying the low men, one would get headlines about one’s capture or death suggesting “terrorist.”

The period of 2010-2011 was an adventure, watching the riddle unfold as life events and revolutions took place in Cairo and elsewhere. I couldn’t help but feel connected to it all. The synchronicities i’ve experienced since starting this project are continuing and often uncanny. So when I started this thread and woke up the next morning to see that Notre Dame cathedral was on fire, I was really not that surprised. It’s par for the course really.

That being said, I do think there is a correct and smart way to proceed. I also think that this path is full of traps and pitfalls if one were to take the Book of the Law too literally or try to be some sort of messiah, invoking demons and causing revolutions.

[screencap of Aleister In Wonderland blog attempting to tie together the events of the Arab Spring. -see archive.org and search aleisterinwonderland.com/777 click Jan 2016 scan for latest version]

Although I am fond of this time in my life 2010-2011 and the feelings and memories these events stirred in me, I do think there is a better path forward. In addition, I didn’t and still don’t know what I am doing in regards to Magick. My ability to invoke is unquestionable, but I have no training or ability currently in the safeguards responsible magicians put in place before and after such actions. It took me years to recover from that chaos that insued in my life, and I am in no hurry to return to the abyss.

Play with fire. Get burned! Go figure.

[six weeks after my invocation the Fukushima wave hits Japan and the “Apocalypse” goes live on world news – NOTE the humor: “How ignorant are you? Take the test! and “NEWSWEEK” aka “TheDailyBeast.com”]

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@elitemachinery :

Naturally, I knew the path ahead would be long and arduous. I knew I would be laughed at, mocked etc.
    Still, that might be better than being pitied – right?

I didn’t expect anyone to “believe me” (unless they were clinically challenged.)
    How do you think the situation is any different at this stage in the proceedings? Would you also be saying that people might need to be in any way “clinically challenged” if they were to go as far as to advance you the benefit of the doubt?

“I expect that at times I may be misunderstood, reviled, mocked, disregarded, or laughed at as a fool. But please try to see past the obvious attempt at self-aggrandizement this assertion could appear to be.”
    OK. I’m trying, but could you give more of a clue as to what this “assertion could appear to be”? It means precisely what, in everyday terms?

Hmmm, how about “Do What Thou Wilt?”
    Hardly original to you, though! Or any sort of an update… Maybe you haven’t fully thought this through yet (although you seem to have had 8+ years to prepare) and could do wit a bit more time? That’s not unreasonable, but how much more time would you now need? Otherwise, the reaction to your revelation is the same, even if were true, to that if Amado was really found to have been the son & heir to A.C. after all. “Oh, yes? And …?”
    Please reveal it to me (“… ever: To me! To me!” I:53)

Playfully yours
    N Joy

elitemachinery
    Participant

“Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin’ all the way. Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole fuckin’ program.” – Capt. Willard

elitemachinery
    Participant

Timothy Wylie – member of the Process Church and author of Love Sex Fear & Death.

Interviewer: “Do you think the world is heading for a catastrophe?”

Wylie: “No, I don’t. We are heading for an absolute miracle….I don’t want to spoil the joke…each one of us has a destiny and path a particular task to accomplish in this lifetime. And what the angels do is they help us do it….We’re setting ourselves up for the big joke..the big contrast. Because what we have to realize is we have every single wrong. Everything is upside down….There will come a moment when this planet is going to become the pearl of the universe. It will become the most important planet. This is Michael’s planet…”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 148 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.