Home Forums Aleister Crowley Writer New edition of Diary of a Drug Fiend (and other works)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

cw
    Participant

Due out in May:

Diary of a Drug Fiend and Other Works by Aleister Crowley
    by Aleister Crowley
    Link: http://a.co/bvxsR7k

Looks nice, though it doesn’t say so on Amazon, it’s an Arcturus edition. See page 9 here:

http://arcturuspublishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Arcturus-Spring-Catalogue-2018-Adult-New-Single-pages.pdf

cw

the_real_simon_iff
    Participant

Well, I guess, starting January 1 we will se a lot of crap out on the market. A publisher who isn’t even able to provide what “other works” are promised on the title is probably nothing more than some print-on-demand mini-company selling copyright-free work. And I am sure there will be lots of that.

Love=Law
    Lutz

cw
    Participant

From the publisher via e-mail:

“This collection consists of the novels Diary of a Drug Fiend and Moonchild; The Book of Lies and The Book of the Law (both cryptic expositions of his esoteric philosophy); the play Household Gods; and some of his early poems from White Stains.”

the_real_simon_iff
    Participant

A collection that makes sense and that we really need… NOT… but it’s all copyright-free!

I am kinda glad that I cannot afford any longer to collect every stupid AC edition that’s going to be published…

cw
    Participant

I agree, this collection isn’t needed. And I agree we’ll see (and have already seen) a lot of junk now that AC’s stuff is rolling off copyright.

However, I do think we’ll see some good things too. For example, here is a review of a new edition of the Holy Books, put out by the Gnostica Society:

It looks very nice. And this is certainly a welcome edition for new students as the old Holy Books Weiser edition is long out of print.

We could use a new edition of Magick Without Tears… and several other things. My bet is they’re coming.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.