Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Tiger
    Participant

The Serpent and the rainbow
    Everest

Shiva
    Participant

Tiger: Everest

I’m working on “Everest” right now – the eighth neurocircuit. Send me an email and I’ll send you the circuit chapters.

notarajah@gmail.com

Tiger
    Participant

Thanks Shiva,
    Hope you got my email .

WildWitch
    Participant

I recently saw a great little film titled “Unsane”. I found Unsane to be a “Typhonian” psychological horror film about a businesswoman who seeks psychological help after being pursued by an overly amorous and unwanted suitor and ends up in a mental hospital. The trailer for this film posits a film that;s a bit more intense than the actual film, but the difference between the trailer and the actual film did not disappoint me in any way. On a scale of 1 to 10, I’ll give the film a 7 overall. I recommend this film for your viewing pleasure.

Shiva
    Participant

And why is this film “Typhonian?”

Tiger
    Participant

And why is this film “Typhonian?””

from the trailer

An ipseity attributed to its head; tangled in a mind mechanism; believing possible sanity or possibly otherwise ?

that’s my take

WildWitch
    Participant

I just called the film “Typhonian” in a figurative sense, not a literal sense. I think the film fucks with people’s heads in the way that the film “Possessed” fucks with people’s heads.

mal
    Participant

A Dark Song was very good for a suspenseful occult movie. The way stresses were built up during the working, the apparitions gaining more substance, the conflict between the operators were all well woven together and a had a natural development.

Spoiler
    The Angelic appearance was disappointing. It didn’t completely ruin the film for me. It just seems it would have been a better fit for the film to challenge the visual convention. Aside from that I really enjoyed the film and it’s one of my favorites of the genre. I hope those involved with it make something else along those lines. Adapt the Amalantrah Working maybe…

dom
    Participant

The Aussie film industry was churning out high quality movies in the 1970s such as;

and of course

WildWitch
    Participant

I just saw a really great horror film titled “Hereditary”. Hereditary tells the story of an elderly and reclusive woman who suddenly dies. The woman’s family begins to review the woman’s history and finds some pretty strange shit. (For instance: The woman had been a member of some type of bizarre fertility cult.) And some pretty creepy shit starts to occur there after. Some scenes from this film are unforgettable. (For instance: A young member of the woman’s family becomes ill suddenly and is taken to the hospital in a vehicle by an older family member. The younger family member leans out of the vehicle in transport in an urge to vomit. As the younger family member leans out of the vehicle, the vehicle is suddenly sideswiped by another vehicle and the younger family member’s head is taken right off. We get to see a close up of the younger family members head lying in the street.) Some people of the Wiccan or Neo-Pagan community may take offense at a “negative” interpretation of the fertility cult in the film, but as an Alexandrian Wiccan myself, I find such an interpretation pardonable. The interpretation is not intended to be derogatory toward Wiccans and/or Neo-Pagans and I am a very big fan of horror films. On a scale of 1 to 10, Ill give Heredity a 10. I recommend Hereditary for your viewing pleasure.

elitemachinery
    Participant

PERFORMANCE starring Mick Jagger…great film…also considered one of the best soundtracks with Randy Newman, Rolling Stones, and Ry Cooder and produced and composed by Jack Nitzche who produced the Stones and many other soundtracks.

A very psychedelic violent weird film…also very British…Crowley would have loved it!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performance_(soundtrack)

dom
    Participant

Yeah Performance is a must watch.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  dom.

WildWitch
    Participant

I recently saw “Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom”. I realize that this particular film is made for mainstream audiences and I realize that many of you might avoid films that are made for mainstream audiences, but I think that the film has a very high artistic quality to it which is quite attractive and I’m a very big fan of the “Jurassic Park” film franchise. (I saw “Jurassic Park” six times while the film was new in the theater and I still have my old “Jurassic Park” T shirt.) “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” has caused quite a furor in the United States due to a dinosaur abandoned on an island during a rescue of other dinosaurs from an exploding volcano. If you enjoy Sci-Fi films in general, “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom won’t disappoint you. On a scale of 1 to 10, I’ll give the film a 10. I recommend the film for your viewing pleasure.

WildWitch
    Participant

I just saw “The First Purge”. This film is a prequel to a trilogy of films about a yearly event in which people are permitted to indulge in whatever illicit activities they choose. (According to these films, the indulgence is known as a “Purge”.) The First Purge reveals the story of how this event originated.(Here’s the storyline for the film: A political action group known as “The New Founding Fathers of America” seizes control of the American government, appoints a President and the President suspends all law enforcement actions for 12 consecutive hours as a “test” to discourage criminal activity.) The First Purge is directed primarily toward African American audiences. (The film’s cast is primarily African American and the film has a Hip Hop soundtrack.) I find nothing inherently wrong with this, but I would’ve appreciated a racially diverse cast and I would’ve appreciated a soundtrack with hard rock music. Overall, The First Purge is quite enjoyable. There’s a great deal of action and suspense (and some horror) in the film. On a scale of 1 to 10, I’ll give The First Purge an 8. I recommend The First Purge for your viewing pleasure.

ignant666
    Participant

Knowing nothing whatever about this film other than what you have just posted, this sounds like some sort of racist fantasy of what American black folks might get up to in the absence of, well, the kind of “shoot first, be a hero on Fox Network later” “law enforcement” we have in the USA (once known, if you can believe it, as “the land of the free”-?!?!?!?) today.

It is true that the centuries-old, ongoing slow genocide of American non-whites may, like so many other past genocides, feature a “cast” that is not “racially diverse”, in that being not-white is the reason why folks have been systematically killed for the benefit of white Americans for a bit more than two centuries.

Perhaps i have misunderstood? Is this film not the Trumpismo propaganda it sounds like from your review?

Or is this film is about restrictions on killing blacks being relaxed, and the white folks who own almost all the firearms in America using them for the reason most people buy assault rifles- fantasies about being a hero by killing large numbers of black folks quickly?

It is surely very generous of you to find nothing “inherently wrong” in a film that seems designed to take money from black folks including music popular among black folks. Capitalism, son.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  ignant666. Reason: clarity
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.