Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 579 total)
  • Author

Tiger
    Participant

christibrany
    Participant

Lol tiger my boy we are on the same length of waves today. Was gonna post this anyways then I see your above posts.

i never get sick of this song. And maybe i shouldn’t work out and drum on the same day ow..

ignant666
    Participant

The wavelengths do tend to converge, don’t they?

I, to be honest, mostly listen to two NYC alternative radio stations, now available to all, throughout the world, through the mystery of the internets:

– Jazz, and other music, on Columbia University’s superb WKCR: https://www.cc-seas.columbia.edu/wkcr/ [click on “Listen” at upper right]

– Rock, and other music, at the listener-sponsored (i have been a regular donor since the mid-’80s) WFMU : https://wfmu.org/ [click on “WFMU LIVE STREAM” or one of the several other live streams, i mostly listen to the old R&B/troglodyte rock they play on the “Ichiban” stream if the actual broadcast feed isn’t to my taste]

Have a listen, from the things folks here post, i suspect many will find things to like on one or the other, or both. If you can’t find anything you like on WKCR, WFMU, or WFMU Ichiban, you have very different taste in music to me.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  ignant666.

π•›π•˜
    Participant

π•›π•˜
    Participant

A good DJ goes a long way. I am not one. ((Once at Christmas my stepbrother celebrated my choice of songs). Tiger has better musical taste. Or rather when he does pick songs which are up my alley they truly are fine songs. I was driving across West Coast Country some years back and they had given me XM Radio for free in the Prius which they had also given me for free and (as per usual) when listening to all these heavenly tunes that are laid upon you nigh 60 years this side of heaven the channel I happened to be listening to (normally it is either silence of I settle or the decade of the 40’s (the War decade)) the Rat Pack channel – and guess who was the DJ? Frank’s daughter, Nancy, and she she knew all the good songs – and it was the best of all those songs I have ever heard – why? because she knew which were the best of all of them.

π•›π•˜
    Participant

wellreadwellbred
    Participant

Is this the Ra-Hoor-Khuit of Aleister Crowley’s The Book of the Law, speaking in 1979, through The Immortals’s song The Ultimate Warlord?:

“Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh,
    Ah ah ah ah,
    Ah ah ah ah ah,
    Ah ah ah ah ah.

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh,
    Ah ah ah ah,
    Ah ah ah ah ah,
    Ah ah ah ah ah.

I am the Ultimate Warlord,
    Kneel before my Sword of Light!
    Better get your planet to right!

People down on Earth,
    Don’t you realize what your life is worth?
    I can see you clear,
    Time is growing short – I am getting near!

Danger in the streets,
    Can’t you hear that sound – a million marching feet?
    There’s no place to hide!
    Take away the sun – everlasting night.

(break)

(repeat until fade) “

“” (Source: “… UnLyrics:The Immortals/The Ultimate Warlord” – – – http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/User:Un-Anidnmeno/UnLyrics:The_Immortals/The_Ultimate_Warlord)

Tiger
    Participant

@christibrany
    if you break your skins take a minute and comeback to the notion of a self playing drums .

@ ignant
    give the drummer radio and sheena’s jungle room was awesome !

@jg
    thanks for keeping the party going

@ wellread
    nice find

ok back to the postponed corpse
    got a gig for the 19th hope i don’t injure forcing my hand to fast to get back in shape .

Tiger
    Participant

Tiger
    Participant

Tiger
    Participant

attributed we’s identified selves occupying changing moments put the panticle in the slot and keep it going

Horemakhet
    Participant

christibrany
    Participant

Inneresting song Horemakhet.

This one I heard for the first time in the record shop this weekend. I think it is pretty good. It reminds me of ‘you really got me’ meets 1950s rock.

christibrany
    Participant

Somewhat n the other side of the spectrum. A local hardcore band from Limburg the Netherlands when I was a young hardcore/punk kid there in the 90s. I played some shows with my punk band with these guys. Wasn’t a good show unless we came home bloody! lol Mijnstreek Oost crew represent πŸ˜›

Tiger
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 579 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.