Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 227 total)
  • Author

Tiger
    Participant

innovation

mal
    Participant

π•›π•˜
    Participant

π•›π•˜
    Participant

π•›π•˜
    Participant

ignant666
    Participant

i realized my recent post about using “sonic attack” to convince a nearby bar into no longer having an Eagles cover band play outdoors all afternoon every weekend represented a “missed opportunity” as we say in public health in not including the two songs i used to torture them:

1) Crass, “Big A, Little A”: The anarchist/proto-crust classic par excellence, and among the most annoying recordings i have found in a lifetime searching for music that irritates.

2) Black Sabbath, “Iron Man”: A song that i assume needs no introduction to this crowd.

In the course of selling a really nice Les Paul Special copy to a Hasidic dude from one of the modern/ecstatic sects (who are heavy into rock and reggae) found through craigslist, i told him about the old LES parody-metal band Black Shabbos (composed of punk-rock Jews). He whipped out his phone and showed me pix of his ZZ Top cover band playing in temple (they already had the beards and hats, you see).

This seems a good time to bring up the best band-name i have thought up in a while, Sweet Home Ali Baba, a Southern-rock Islamic praise’n’worship combo.

ignant666
    Participant

Here is a song that is very very hard to beat for annoying your neighbors:

Here is another ode to this favorite hobby of mine back when i was young and lived in the city, attributed to The Lonely Boys here but to Little Bo Bitch (same band in different markets?) most places:

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  ignant666.

mal
    Participant

This was the first album I bought with my own money as a kid just for this song.

Dedicating it here to anyone and everyone seeking their vision in the darkness.

A Twenty-One LVX sssalute!

mal
    Participant

Tiger
    Participant

β€œwhoa whoa
    thats da sound a da police

no escapin em β€œ
    in da mix with no nickel bags

β€œThese Masters are recognized by their β€œfruits”- the artistic or scientific works they create through the service that is the exercise of their mastery, works that advance the spiritual well-being of humanity, and their β€œgardens”- their disciples or those who are influenced by them, who take their work further, or build on it.”
    #104131 posted by ignant666

Tiger
    Participant

For the hotel californians

Tiger
    Participant

a balance

Tiger
    Participant

things in the garden

ignant666
    Participant

The most spiritually moving piece of music i know:

For a while in the late 80s, i had a stash of a (then legal) “libation”, 5-methoxy-DMT. This is the most overwhelming substance i have experienced; a very brief experience in the time experienced by others can take a very long time indeed. The only way i could libate and, well, not exactly enjoy it, but come out un-shattered, was to put on A Love Supreme very loud. By the time side 1 was over, so were the revelations. I ended up giving most of it back several years later to the guy i got it from.

Obviously, i am describing results achieved on a closed track with a professional driver; DO NOT attempt this at home. Void where prohibited by law.

Tiger
    Participant

Ah the later years when most get off the Trane
    Sometimes i use to clean the air .

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.