Home Forums Administration LAShTAL.COM Problems and Suggestions Peter James Carroll/Chaos Magic section in Thanatos section?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)
  • Author

Tiger
    Participant

Off Putting

love the term .

Shiva
    Participant

A STRANGE TALE
    Cut Short =- It’s Late

In 1988, I had abandoned all Magick and Mystical Aspirations.

I went to the Bodhi Tree bookstore (the largest “occult” librarium in L.A. to see if there was anything new or interesting. While puttering around (and finding nothing) a book suddenly (without apparent cause) fell off the shelving and plopped itself at my feet. It was Liber Null and Psychonaut.

I was impressed by two things in that book: A means of practical initiation, a definition of Hierophant(s). Regardless of the unmemorable content, it spured me into action again. I soon had several potential students (some of whom survived).

A few months later, Artemis & I attendeed a PeterCarroll [sic?] lecture sponsored by the G.’.D.’. in Santa Monica. Peter & I had a few interesting exchanges.

That spun off, a couple years later) into a desert trip,with libation, and Magick, among whom was to be found Mr. Carroll’s ex-girlfriend (who attnded the original lecture with Peter, as his “familiar” assistant. She gave us some personal gossip.

I don’t think the Illuminates of Thanatos got very far in their decent from Zos Kia and the A.’.A.’.. I don’t think Peter successfully navigated Geburah (Tiphareth is subject to further scrutiny) … at least t6hat’s what the gossip implied.

dom
    Participant

She gave us some personal gossip.

Don’t judge a man by the tales of others.” (especially ‘ex girlfriends’ ~ Dom)

~ George Gurdjieff

Tiger
    Participant

I was impressed by two things in that book: A means of practical initiation, a definition of Hierophant(s). Regardless of the unmemorable content, it spured me into action again. I soon had several potential students

Thank you Shiva for your review
    pointing out the gossip
    and the magical story

Tiger
    Participant

@shiva
    Come come back when its early
    and give us some more of

A STRANGE TALE

Shiva
    Participant

D: “Don’t judge a man by the tales of others.” (especially ‘ex girlfriends’ ~ Dom)

It should be noted that I described my personal encounter with Mr. C., and I was in position to observe his speech, mannerisms, attitude, and energy field. His “assistant” gave us some info that was personal, but implied that he wan’t what he thought he was. I have no intention of rolling out the details, which is why I referred to it as “personal gossip,” and left it there, where it may R.I.P..

My “judgement” was based on personal interaction, not on any “loose ends” that came in later.

T: Come back when its early and give us some more of A STRANGE TALE

A means of practical initiation: Peter suggested (in Liber N&P) that rather than hold initiation ceremonies in guarded sanctuaries, that the candidate be put on one side of a town and then have to cross the town on foot in search of an objective goal on the other side of town. Since one word in the book’s title is “Psychonaut,” I assumed the candidate was to be under the influence of some libation.

I never did this to anyone, although a lot of people have been involved in similar adventures. I purposely much later. But I did undertake that method myself when I walked into the center of Ciudad Juarez, the most dangerous city in the world (at that time), which was functioning under martial law, overshadowed by invocation of that most dreaded rite, The Ritual of Passing through the Tuat, under the influence of the completely legal (at that time), but relatively mild, JWH-018. The result was so interesting (to me) that I wrote it up as a “short story,” published it as an Appendix in one of my books, and created a video of the extradimensional encounters. It’s even posted as a website.

So you have your choice. You can go to Juarez and enter the Tuat yourself. Various (questionable) libationary medications are availableat pharmacies, in dark alleys, or from taxi drivers. Or you can take the less dangerous path and vicariously tag along with me in the following way:

I will post Tuat Juarez on YouTube. I will post the link here on LAShTAL when it gets uploaded …. if ever!

All of you must have noticed the recent “UNABLE TO CONNECT” signs for videos poster here and there. About 1-2 months ago, I was informed by my “familiar” assistant that gmail & google the Borg was going to making “some changes.” Yeah, they did some throttling or speed/bandwidth culling. Gmail, Google the Borg Search, and YouTube all now display similar characteristics: If your speed/bandwidth is running slow (or I suppose if their Servers were getting overloaded), you get a rather fast reply with UNABLE CONNECT.

They all lock up and lock out at the same time. It’s them, all owned by one (c)Borg Enterprises. It’s not my speed/bandwidth, it’s their doing. If Google Search says UNABLE TO CONNECT, which it does a lot these days, I simply choose DuckDuckGo Search, and it works immediately.

Peter suggested two definitions of Hierophant: One brought in something new, the other administered a system based on old knowledge. Well, duh, yeah. Atu V. connects Chokmah with Chesed, so it simply depends on which end of the line (path) one is based that determines “new” or old.”

Tiger
    Participant

Well it all rather sounds Off Putting .

The Off side Putting
    the accustomed On world candidate Off to a different zone,
    and through the terrain of the Amenti .

“It doesn’t work I can’t fix it It doesn’t work I can’t fix it It doesn’t work I can’t fix it “

Shiva
    Participant

Well, searching through the akashic records to find a copy of Tuat Juarez was a lot of time-consuming fun.

There will be no uploading of the video of that name to YourTubal because it doesn’t exist. There is a Tuat video, but it’s a different one.

However, Save us Therion and the 120 Gnostic Saints, there is a copy of the website, and I have just posted it so that you can run around in The Most Dangerous City in the World without fear of being robbed, kidnapped, killed, or sold bad dope.

This is not a Novel, or some other fanciful creation of Frater Shiva the Demented. This is a real-life, initiatory interface under hazardous conditions, as recommended by Peter the Thanatosian. The audio will not be heard unless you are using Internet Explorer. I am not happy with the type size and margins. There is a shifting of a pic here and there due to too-close-spacing. I saw one misspelled word. So it needs a tune-up, but not now as I’m engaged in another (much bigger) website production.

But the whole deal is intact and working, and it’s a barrel of “occult” fun with serious implications.

You can Enter the Tuat at …

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/valcops/Am-Tuat-Juarez.htm

christibrany
    Participant

Care Fr. Shiva

Was nice to reread your chronicle.

How are your crowns holding up? 🙂

93s

Shiva
    Participant

CS: How are your crowns holding up?

Just fine. In general, a person would not be smart to get dentistry performed in Mexico. It took a long time, but that clinic in Juarez does work that is superior to almost any dental establishment in the USA. Why?

It’s because the Washington Dental Clinic in Juarez is NOT owned and operated by dentists! Some knowledgeable entrepreneurs hire the dentists, require superior work, and run the entire operation. They also have their own lab. One day (maybe two) turnaround. At 25% of the price we pay in the US.

I will not engage in a rumbling rant against the decline of dentistry (with outrageously high prices) here in the States.

dom
    Participant

@jamiebarter

Could you explain how and why Chaos Magic and Liber Null are ‘bogus?

ignant666
    Participant

Since JB indicates above that he has written 23 chapters on this topic, surely it is a bit much to expect him to summarize this much work in a post beyond what he said above?

I’d be interested to read this too- perhaps Paul can agree to host this on Downloads?

I read both Carroll’s books after you posted a link, and found them a dull, incoherent, and un-insightful rehash of topics covered better by AC, Regardie, etc etc etc., and further marred by self-importance and dubious claims of innovation.

dom
    Participant

@ignant666

Since JB indicates above that he has written 23 chapters on this topic, surely it is a bit much to expect him to summarize this much work in a post beyond what he said above

Well if he just simply dismisses Liber Null, PJC and Chaos Magick as being just ‘bogus’ then don’t you think we’re entitled to at least several clear points in some sort of coherent critique?

I read both Carroll’s books after you posted a link, and found them a dull, incoherent, and un-insightful rehash of topics covered better by AC, Regardie, etc etc etc., and further marred by self-importance and dubious claims of innovation

At least 2 examples of this ‘incoherence’ would be nice.

ignant666
    Participant

[D]on’t you think we’re entitled to at least several clear points in some sort of coherent critique?

Since you seem to be pretty much alone here in finding value in Carroll’s work, not really, no.

At least 2 examples of this ‘incoherence’ would be nice.

See above, but i’ll give you one for free: the “flow chart that outlines all of the different historical tributaries of the magical tradition” that you mention above, which resembles a plate of spaghetti (or perhaps Clapham Junction?) more than a flow chart, and at least has the virtue of leaving out the Holy Vehm from his alleged antecedents.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  ignant666.

dom
    Participant

@ignant666

so that’s it? …..The flow chart is messy…. anyone can see it’s far from messy because for one, it’s a flow chart designed by someone who clearly knows his computer science.

Did AC ‘rehash’ ideas from traditions past? Well yeah so that critique of PJC is rendered null (pun intended). I think the book does a great job of fusing together all of the traditions rehashed by AC and is revolutionary in that it includes/ introduces the world to the ideas of AOS… in a totally practical manner.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  dom.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.