Home Forums Administration LAShTAL.COM Problems and Suggestions Peter James Carroll/Chaos Magic section in Thanatos section?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
  • Author

Tiger
    Participant

What dom and the massive demand are saying here
    is that it would be nice view W&TW in comparison to the Chaos stuff to get a better perspective .

hows about that ?

dom
    Participant

I’m surprised that Jamie hasn’t been pulled up by Paul for some of his wild assertions and silly personal attacks. This notion that I bail when things get ‘uncomfortable’ is all in his mind.

This silly obsession with PJC as a plagiarist is pretty mind blowing if you think about it. Carroll blatantly states that the techniques in Liber Null lead to True Will. Well duh I’d say that that lets us know that this guy obviously owes it all to Crowley’s writings.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  dom.

dom
    Participant

PJC gives a method for stopping thought. It’s called ‘right walking’. When walking attempt to perceive everything in peripheral vision and vertically from feet to sky. Maintain awareness of arms and maybe curl your hands as a focus. Don’t look at anything in particular whilst doing this.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  dom.

Tiger
    Participant

Sounds a bit Carlos Castaneda esq

cool

dom
    Participant

Sounds a bit Carlos Castaneda esq
    cool

That makes sense. Try it out see what you think.

Jamie J Barter
    Participant

@dom :

It’s called ‘right walking’. …

(… and it’s also called ‘jay walking’ as far as any oncoming traffic would be concerned).

N Joy

Tiger
    Participant

Try it out see what you think.

well
    are you sure there is that which remains ?
    or is that just a ruse to get one to commit to bringing about the Apocalypse ?

Shiva
    Participant

This same attitudinal “vision” focus is also used in randori. Randori is Japanese for “several people attacking you simultaneously without any pre-arranged agenda.”

Wikiborgepedia tells us: In “Aikikai, it refers to a form of practice in which a designated aikidoka defends against multiple attackers in quick succession without knowing how they will attack or in what order.”

One cannot practice specific techniques to “learn” how to do this, but essentially one is in 360* awareness without visual focus on any particular point or person. One simply responds to the incoming energy … and relaxation is also required, or the whole concept falters, fails, and one falls down.

Yes, the mind stops. It better stop or one will get one’s vehicle bumped and battered. This is why martial artists report an exhilaration when doing this stuff.

Actually, it works quite well in pedestrian activities, such as zig-zagging across a busy ten-lane street. Everything is seen in a spherical viewpoint.

Try it. You’ll like it!

dom
    Participant

@shiva and Tiger

Try it. You’ll like it!

yes makes sense that crazy martial artists adopt this. I don’t think it puts strain on the eye muscles that control vision but be careful.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  dom.

Tiger
    Participant

responding to the incoming energy
    zig-zagging across a busy ten-lane street.
    in 360* awareness without visual focus
    the mind stops. It better stop or one will get one’s vehicle bumped and battered.

plantigrade path working

ignant666
    Participant

I was a bicycle messenger in Manhattan for many years. In between a lot of time spent riding elevators and waiting in mailrooms (and occasionally studios full of near-naked or naked models, somewhat relieving the daily tedium), one essentially is white-water-kayaking in rivers of hurtling steel: buses, semitrucks, cabs, limos, all in a big hurry, and either indifferent to the poor cyclist riding fast down the middle of Fifth Avenue, or actively trying to kill him/her.

Shiva’s description of a 360 degree open focus “spherical viewpoint” , with a silenced inner chattering-ape, resonated immediately with me as describing the mental state necessary to survive NYC bike messengering.

The learning curve did indeed involve some “get[ting] one’s vehicle bumped and battered” (and my bicycle got damaged too).

Tiger
    Participant

Dreams have a certain power
    to call forth
    an undertaking .

so off i went
    Awake to the Big City of Dreams .
    A Saturday a week ago
    so long ago i can’t believe .

I zigzagged the Avenue
    from the Metropolitan
    to the Quest bookstore
    over to an African Vendor
    down to the Namaste bookstore
    and further down to a Tibetan shop
    on MacDougal Street .

I did not flip cars
    so as not to become distracted .
    and banished the police
    so that no interference would come in the way
    and managed to carry through .

The conscious side
    writes it off as the possibility
    that most realized how tough it is
    to navigate the streets on a tourist Saturday
    and stopped driving their cars there .

Ah
    but oh the Trance !

Shiva
    Participant

Ignant: … a 360 degree open focus “spherical viewpoint” , with a silenced inner chattering-ape, resonated immediately.

Oh good. We’re all resonating on the same concept page. Now transfer the walking, defending, bicycling to 24-hour, daily life. Can you do it? Your Ipsissimus diploma is in the mail.

dom
    Participant

ignant666

I was a bicycle messenger in Manhattan for many years. In between a lot of time spent riding elevators and waiting in mailrooms (and occasionally studios full of near-naked or naked models, somewhat relieving the daily tedium), one essentially is white-water-kayaking in rivers of hurtling steel: buses, semitrucks, cabs, limos, all in a big hurry, and either indifferent to the poor cyclist riding fast down the middle of Fifth Avenue, or actively trying to kill him/her.
    Shiva’s description of a 360 degree open focus “spherical viewpoint” , with a silenced inner chattering-ape, resonated immediately with me as describing the mental state necessary to survive NYC bike messengering.
    The learning curve did indeed involve some “get[ting] one’s vehicle bumped and battered” (and my bicycle got damaged too).

That’s straight outta Gurdjieff I like it. This is what I’m talking about , people at work transcending dualisms. PJC goes right into your work experience with you unlike Crowley who couldn’t handle real labour but rather bummed money from “disciples”, stared at tattwas and called that “work”. Transcendence of dualisms indeed.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  dom.

ignant666
    Participant

I am a Charter Member of the Work-Avoiders League, actually, so your “Dignity Of Labor” argument fails to find a sympathetic ear.

You are correct that any physical labor can be a yoga/meditation, though most forms don’t force it on you as matter of life or death.

As to your contention that the work-shirking AC could not go “right into [my] work experience with me”, i think he made the point in TBOL in 1913, a tad earlier than your man PJC:

ΚΕΦΑΛΗ Η
    STEEPED HORSEHAIR

Mind is a disease of semen.
    All that a man is or may be is hidden therein.
    Bodily functions are parts of the machine; silent, unless in dis-ease.
    This I persisteth not, posteth not through generations, changeth momently, finally is dead.
    Therefore is man only himself when lost to himself in The Charioting.

“Charioting” can be literal, too.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  ignant666. Reason: block-quote formating has changed in confusing but pleasant way
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged-in to reply to this topic.